shape
carat
color
clarity

New Studs - went from .51 tcw to 1.03 tcw

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I got my new studs back in late January and have not had a chance to post pics.....I know that is past due but here they are.

A little background. I went from G VS2 very good cut 0.51 tcw to I/J SI2 very good cut 1.03 tcw. I was debating between Whiteflash ES 0.80 tcw and this 1.03 tcw as they are around my price range, and I went with the 1.03 from my local jeweler here in Canada. I was not confortable with the idea of shipping the earrings across the border. This is my first time getting I/J stones, and I would not have done it if I have not found PS. I tell ya, the stones face up totally white and one stone is eye clean and the other one is almost. You have to hold the stone 4 inches in front of you for like a minute before you can see a small black inclusion.

I must say that I totally love, love and love the size. They are so much bigger compared to my old studs. I felt they were too big when I first tried them on but after brining them home and wearing them for like 2 hours, I felt they were right. Now that a few weeks have gone by......I feel that they are shrinking.....OMG I was trying to tell DH that I need an upgrade but I think he will hit the roof.

Here are some pics, they are not great as I do not have a great camera but it gives everyone an idea.

IMG_4373.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Love the basket setting, they are set very low.

IMG_4370.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
9.gif

IMG_4376.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Save the best for last, the mandatory ear shot.

IMG_4385.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Jewels they are very pretty, basket settings are so classic!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh they look perfect in your ear!!! Great job!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I love love love your earrings and the basket setting is always to die for ....

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Jewels I was wondering if you were ever going to post your earring upgrades for us. They look fantastic! The color seems totally white and the size is just right on your ear. Nice basket setting too. You might just keep those shrinkage thoughts here on pricescope though and not freak your hubby out too soon!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
lovely
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewels,
They look great and are the perfect size methinks. Lovely!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
The size is just perfect for your ear lobes. Don''t you just love diamond studs? -- you can wear them everyday with everything! No one is going to get up close to your ears to inspect your diamonds, so you definitely made a good call on these beauties. They look so classy! You are a lucky girl, indeed!
9.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words.

Guess what I did to my old 0.51 tcw studs??? I am going to post them in a few minutes. Hint hint, see below:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-recycling-project.28804/=

Sundial - you have a great memory. Sorry it took me so long to post, I need a new camera, don''t like my current one. Also, thanks for giving me the advise back in January about the SIZE!! I love them. I should show my DH your studs.... and tell him "Dear, I love these studs and the 2.5 tcw would be my dream size" I think he will go
29.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oohhh how purrrtttyy! I love those baskets too! I think you may have started a new project for my future!!!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 10:18:34 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
The size is just perfect for your ear lobes. Don''t you just love diamond studs? -- you can wear them everyday with everything! No one is going to get up close to your ears to inspect your diamonds, so you definitely made a good call on these beauties. They look so classy! You are a lucky girl, indeed!
9.gif
Thank you Suzy. You are definately right about how I can wear them everyday with everything. I wear them 99% of the time. IMO they are the best investment. I don''t have to worry much about them. I always worry about my ring bangging on things.

My jeweler told me that I have big ear lobes and that I should consider upgrading them in the future. I am now thinking hummm wonder how will 1.5 tcw look on me.....then I have to remind myself that I should work on my ring upgrade first
11.gif

BTW, I have been away from PS for the last few months and just saw your ring on your avatar...LOVE IT!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice size on your ear - beautiful, substantial, and still nice for every day wear!!!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
NICE upgrade!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful looking pair.
30.gif
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That size looks perfect in your ear!! Congrats!

bichon

Rough_Rock
Hey Jewels! How have you been doing? I really like the size of your studs. They''re the perfect size!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I love the ear shot- they look like such a great size... and sparkle sparkle! yum
30.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
Your other earrings are very dainty and pretty! As for your friends'' comments - well, let''s just say, I think you should be totally tone deaf to their rude comments. It sounds like jealousy to me. How can people say such things?

Regarding my future wedding band, I''ve decided on the shared prong from Whiteflash or possibly Facets. It''s just a matter of time before I place a firm order. After visiting a few local jewelry stores, I decided that I *need* to get D/E''s (no, not even an "F"). Sad to say, I can identify colour in melees and I do not want to deal with some serious cognitive dissonance in the future. When I''m down in Toronto, I am going to visit Tiffany''s one more time before making a final decision to purchase on-line.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results