shape
carat
color
clarity

My First Recycling Project - Part 2 :)))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I will try to keep this as brief as possible. I got my first pair of diamond studs 6 years ago. They are 0.51 tcw. Love them but after discovering PS, shrinkage started to kick in. So, I finally bought a new 1.03 tcw studs back in January. LOVE the new studs.

Link to the new studs:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-studs-went-from-51-tcw-to-1-03-tcw.42842/

My old studs were set in 5 prong basket. Last year, I had a pair of earring jackets custom made (with 4 stones) but they were set in bezel. The jackets were inspired by Tiffany''s Diamonds By The Ward Collection. So I wear the bezel jackets with the basket studs. I did not set my 0.51 tcw studs to bezel as I was trying to see if I totally like the jackets. Well, I love the jackets, they turned out better than what I expected. A few weeks later, I was going to re-set my 0.51 tcw to bezel so that they will match the jackets. Well, I was reluctant because I love the classic look of prong studs, so I left the studs the way they were. Plus I was promoted at work so the second half of the year was hectic, changing the setting was the last thing on my mind.

So, when the New Year stated, I decided to get a new BIGGER pair of studs and re-set my old studs to bezel and have them attached permanently to my jackets. Exactly like how the one is set at Tiffany''s.

Here is the link to the jackets (My First Recycling Project):

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-recycling-project.28804/=

I must say I am trilled with how they turned out!!! My jeweler did a great job. My 0.51 tcw look so much bigger in bezel, they look like they have gone up to 0.60 ctw. I am on cloud nine now, new bigger studs and new bezel setting for my old studs.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Old studs with the jackets

ejackets1.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Now the PART 2. Love them!!!!

IMG_4363.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
2.gif

IMG_4369.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
That looks fantastic! I really like your new and your recycled earrings!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Forgot the basic stats:

All stones are G VS2 VG Cut

Top 2 are 0.25c and 0.26c

Middle 2 are 0.13c and 0.13c

Botton 2 are 0.12c and 0.12c

IMG_4366.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Saved the best for last, the mendatory ear shot!!! Sorry this is not the best pic as I took it myself, hands were shaking due to excitement.

IMG_4392.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
cool

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh those are wonderful! What a smart idea for your old studs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look great..love them..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
They are so sparkly and fun!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! I loved them when they were just jackets, and love them even more now!!!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
WOW WOW WOW WOW - I''ve been drooling over the Tif. diamonds by the yard earrings - I''ve even tried them on in the store. Just to expensive but still so beautiful. I''m so happy for you.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
What a great recycling project. I love both the new studs and the new project!

Wear them in the best of health,

I wish you well,

Bridget

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I loved part 1, but I really really really love part 2
2.gif
!!! They look perfect!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your compliments!!!! This is the only place where I can go to show my diamonds knowing that in return I will get nothing but kind words. Most of my closest friends are not that supporting so I don''t even want to show them this new set. A few of them saw my new 1.03 tcw studs (since I wear them 99% of the time) and they made some rude comments. Not that I went off by telling everyone that I got new BIGGER the studs, they noticed them and made comments like:

- why are the diamonds so flat?
- oh, I have small ear lobes so I don''t need such big studs like yours.
- ohhh, what are you going to do with your old studs? I am sure you are not going to wear them anymore, such a waste.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 9:08:09 PM
Author: Ries
WOW WOW WOW WOW - I''ve been drooling over the Tif. diamonds by the yard earrings - I''ve even tried them on in the store. Just to expensive but still so beautiful. I''m so happy for you.
Ries, you have tried on the real pair at Tiffany??? Lucky you. I wish I had a chance, Tiffany didn''t have it when I visited the store last year. I know the one at Tiffany is around $5,000.00. So expensive.

I gave my jeweler the actual picture from Tiffany''s catalog which has an "actual size" picture of the earrings. From the picture, I believe my bezel come quite close to the one on the catalog. The biggest stones on top are set the same, where the post are connected by a bridge at the back of the bezel. The lenghts of the earrings are exactly the same. Here are some minor differences:

- Tiffany''s are set in platinum. Mine set in WG.
- Tiffany''s chain are a bit thinner. I went with a thicker chain for more security. Don''t want the chains to snap.
- Tiffany''s are 0.80 tcw. Mine are 1.01 tcw.
- Mine cost a lot less than Tiffany''s.

36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
very smart looking!
I love them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results