carat
color
clarity

New spessertite and graphite silver engagement ring

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone :)

I haven't really posted on here for a loooong time (aside from recently listing jewelry to sell!) due to a major change in circumstances about 6 years ago - leaving a terrible marriage, moving back to the US from overseas, and then spending the next 5 years putting myself back together and learning how to enjoy being on my own again, coming to terms with being alone and being okay with it! A year ago, a man I used to work with at a music store 25 years ago (he's 48, I'm 45) contacted me through Facebook - he'd been married without kids too, and had been divorced for 5 years like me. We met up and basically have been together ever since, and are getting married in October. Honestly the craziest, zaniest thing to have happen and we're both still in awe of finding each other again :)

My engagement ring is made of oxidised silver, using a spessertite I bought about 10 years ago from All That Glitters or Precision Gem (so long ago I can't remember!). I absolutely adore it and am planning on pairing it with a plain yellow gold band to contrast with the dark silver. Its rustic and medieval looking and I can't stop looking at the spess's fire in all kinds of lighting - this thing is nuts with glittery flash!! Thought it would be nice for others to see this spessertite finally set!

(spess is 6x8mm, 2.15ct, ring is size 5)

IMG_20180528_165829.jpg IMG_20180528_165819.jpg View attachment 630087 IMG_20180526_130101.jpg IMG_20180528_165824.jpg

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. What a fireball of a gem. It’s really beautiful and so refreshingly different.
So happy for you to reconnect with your man and to be planning a wonderful future together.
Woo Hoo.:appl:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! that gem has a lot of depth compared to your typical fanta orange spess.

Could it be some aged Bourbon or Scotch or maybe Glenmorangie hiding in there? I'm not sure but I like it. :drool:

The setting is perfect for that gem...dark and mysterious...from King Arthur's court.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That ring is so cool! It looks like a fire in a fireplace! :love:

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone!!
I knew I liked the stone when I bought it, but I never knew how good it would look when set!! I am seriously so pleased. A fire in a fireplace enjoying some bourbon indeed!! Hehe

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely ring! Would you post more pics when you pair it with the gold band? I think it will be so cool and unusual. Congratulations!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful e-ring. I love the depth of color! :love:
Congrats on finding yourself again and on finding someone new to spend your life with. :kiss2:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on reconnecting and finding love again. Your ring is unique, compelling, dramatic and so different from the norm. I love it and everything it stands for.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome ring, but more importantly, congratulations!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on reconnecting and finding love again. Your ring is unique, compelling, dramatic and so different from the norm. I love it and everything it stands for.

I want to affirm the sentiment and congratulate you on your love and your ring, but I think that natasha said it best.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is wonderful that you are finally happy.
The ring is unique and interesting. Garnets are lovely, aren’t they?
(One a side note - I wonder how many relationships FB has created. You start to respect this social platform, don’t you?).

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is gorgeous and I am very happy for you.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Wishing you many many years of happiness together!

That ring is gorgeous...the color is to die for!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks everyone for your kind words!! Thank you thank you. It's true when they say life begins at 40 :))))) I will definitely be sure to post pictures when I get the gold band! I am beyond grateful for my fellow and so happy with my ring.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
It's so refreshing to see something a little different, and it's absolutely stunning!

My desire for oxidized/antiqued silver is never ending and your yummy spess is just lush!
It will be really cool to see how the oxidation wears over time and in which places, just lovely.

I'm gonna be cheesey and say it; The stone is on fire just like your love life! (Lol but in a good way!)

Thanks for posting it and sending well wishes your way!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, unique and cool! It looks like a glowing ember on your finger. Congratulations on your engagement!!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love cheesy, lol!! :D

Thanks everyone, I'm really touched over the response to my ring and your well-wishes!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous, happy new start! I adore how unique your ring is. It has a intensity and strength about it which is so much a different kind of beauty. Extremely refreshing . It does look old, but also very modern and urban. Love it and congratulations!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement! Fortune favors the bold- in life and in your e-ring. It's beautiful.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your cool, unconventional e-ring, it rocks (pun intended)! May you and your partner have many happy years together :)

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you thank you!! Truly touched! :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rustic setting is perfect for the spess! Congratulations and glad you've found happiness and love!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool congrats.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The wedding was this past Thursday, so I now have a set pic!! I ended up not using the gold band I'd bought originally, and instead went with a matching band of heavy, hammered darkened silver. I LOVE how it looks!! No filters on that baby. Thanks for looking :D IMG_20181027_134041.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! :D

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Yay, I love your ring!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful and I love the matching band, it’s just perfect. What a wonderful story and I’m sure your union will be all the more cherished for what it took for the two of you to be together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results