shape
carat
color
clarity

New sliding bezel pendant

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Having worn a cheap Etsy CZ bezel necklace nearly daily for years, I finally decided to practice my fledgling PS skills to buy myself a real diamond version. It was fun! I filtered the site to death, had a whole notepad of possibles, asked JA to send me all the certificates for the finalists, and checked HCA scores.

The winner is a petite .32 carat J SI2 from JA set in their yellow gold sliding bezel setting. I want to say it scored .8 on the HCA but don’t quote me. The only inclusion was “clouds”, so at SI2 I knew it could have haziness. As far as I can tell, it’s just as sparky as my ring diamonds. And it’s so tiny I’m not sure I could see haziness even if it was there. And, tbh, I wasn’t that invested in getting better specs because I didn’t want to, well, invest.

I had the chain shortened to 16” because that’s the length that works for me. Man, am I bad at diamond pics! This was the best I could do but I included the link to the diamond. The pink tones are coming from my phone case. The back has a flower detail that I didn’t love online but is super delicate and smooth in real life.

So anyway, that’s my new bling! I loooooove these necklaces because I think they look so classy with everything.

B62C6643-6D91-4410-BA3B-BB65E85C834C.jpeg 712D58AA-5E73-4C0D-BD55-C727FD189CEA.jpeg B2728692-C384-4C59-87F0-B21CBACE49E6.jpeg 53A8C1C7-3F93-43A4-9773-EED5EFD07EE9.jpeg

Congrats on the new bling! It looks great on you. I especially love the metal work on the back of the pendant. And yay for Team Bezel!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely! This was probably very happy "homework"!

cheers--Sharon

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
ahhhhhmazing! this is one of my all-time favorite, classy looks. Goes with everything, and you can wear it every day! Love it!

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Looks wonderful! So you know what width the chain is? Do you feel it's sturdy for the size? Wondering as I'm contemplating what size chain I'd like for a pendant.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Looks wonderful! So you know what width the chain is? Do you feel it's sturdy for the size? Wondering as I'm contemplating what size chain I'd like for a pendant.
Gosh, no, I’m sorry. It’s very delicate but feels ok for such a tiny stone. If the length were longer (like 20”+) or the stone heavier, I’d probably want something a little thicker.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo lovely, I have one of a similar size, and it‘s such a wearable piece.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Oooo lovely, I have one of a similar size, and it‘s such a wearable piece.

It is! What's interesting is that my CZ version was always sliding around so that the clasp was in front, which didn't bother me a ton but I did always adjust it. This version is actually heavier, so I'm finding the clasp stays in place more reliably. Added benefit, who knew?

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Having worn a cheap Etsy CZ bezel necklace nearly daily for years, I finally decided to practice my fledgling PS skills to buy myself a real diamond version. It was fun! I filtered the site to death, had a whole notepad of possibles, asked JA to send me all the certificates for the finalists, and checked HCA scores.

The winner is a petite .32 carat J SI2 from JA set in their yellow gold sliding bezel setting. I want to say it scored .8 on the HCA but don’t quote me. The only inclusion was “clouds”, so at SI2 I knew it could have haziness. As far as I can tell, it’s just as sparky as my ring diamonds. And it’s so tiny I’m not sure I could see haziness even if it was there. And, tbh, I wasn’t that invested in getting better specs because I didn’t want to, well, invest.

I had the chain shortened to 16” because that’s the length that works for me. Man, am I bad at diamond pics! This was the best I could do but I included the link to the diamond. The pink tones are coming from my phone case. The back has a flower detail that I didn’t love online but is super delicate and smooth in real life.

So anyway, that’s my new bling! I loooooove these necklaces because I think they look so classy with everything.

B62C6643-6D91-4410-BA3B-BB65E85C834C.jpeg 712D58AA-5E73-4C0D-BD55-C727FD189CEA.jpeg B2728692-C384-4C59-87F0-B21CBACE49E6.jpeg 53A8C1C7-3F93-43A4-9773-EED5EFD07EE9.jpeg

I absolutely love that. Wear it in good health!

itskcc

Rough_Rock
One of my favorite pieces of jewelry! I have a bezel set sliding pendant that I got when my first son was born almost 22 years ago and I can count on one hand the number of times I've taken it off. Congrats! Yours is beautiful!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
It's very pretty !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results