shape
carat
color
clarity

new setting for me 3 carat stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 12:25:58 AM
Author: lienTN
It all depends on what you want, Harriet. It is certainly cheaper here, but the quality is so variable. I have mine set here or in HK out of convenience more than anything else. I wish we had masters like Leon or MM here.
For inexpensive gemstones.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LienTN,

After seeing your fantastic 3 carat RB, I prefer the first one to show off that great stone!!!!

But hey, if money is not object, buy another 3 carat stone and get both settings!!!!! Best of Both Worlds!!!

Congratulations
MWG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
MWG,
Better not let your fiancee hear you speaking that way!
1.gif

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 12:32:10 PM
Author: Harriet
MWG,
1.gif

Well, in actuality, all the rings and diamonds that we will purchase for the future are bought with the intent to become HEIRLOOM pieces to be handed down to our children and their children etc.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The more pieces, the merrier then!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 12:36:17 PM
Author: MWG
Date: 4/22/2007 12:32:10 PM

Author: Harriet

MWG,

1.gif

Well, in actuality, all the rings and diamonds that we will purchase for the future are bought with the intent to become HEIRLOOM pieces to be handed down to our children and their children etc.

I always tell my hubby that too, with three sons I need to have some nice gifts for daughter in laws, though it might go to any granddaughters first!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first Leon. I don''t think Leon will make it w/out your stone though. snapdragon had her ring made by Leon and she''s in Singapore too. Of course, Lynn''s set is fabulous too.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, everyone, for your helpful input and suggestions.

After much (painful) deliberation, I;ve decided to go with a "Lynn B" style setting. I am going with a local jeweller, am too nervous abt sending this stone back and forth btw the US and S''pore. They''re making both the eternity band and the setting for the e-ring. The bands for each rings should be 2.1mm but i understand it could be very slightly thinner or thicker. They''ll be made in platinum. They won''t be exactly the same as Lynn B''s [sigh], but the shank/ band (not sure what it''s called) will be sharper at the edges and not nicely rounded/ organic-looking as Lynn''s. I''ve been very specific in wanting the head to sit as low as possible and for the two rings to sit flush together.

I am rather nervous but their pieces are quite magnificient. I''m keeping my fingers and toes crossed. If mine turns out half as beautiful as Lynn''s, I''ll be very happy.

Should be ready in abt two weeks!! Yah!!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to it.
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ll be waiting for hand shots!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Harriet and Ellen. I can''t wait myself!

Incidentally, I think I''m going to have a couple of RHR''s made with Leon''s styles no 2 and 3 above. They are so gorgeous and I think would look particularly nice with coloured diamonds or coloured stones. Watch this space!!
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, it''s going to be gorgeous!!! Please come back with lots of pictures, I can''t wait to see it!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 7:46:26 AM
Author: lienTN
Thanks so much, everyone, for your helpful input and suggestions.

After much (painful) deliberation, I;ve decided to go with a ''Lynn B'' style setting. I am going with a local jeweller, am too nervous abt sending this stone back and forth btw the US and S''pore. They''re making both the eternity band and the setting for the e-ring. The bands for each rings should be 2.1mm but i understand it could be very slightly thinner or thicker. They''ll be made in platinum. They won''t be exactly the same as Lynn B''s [sigh], but the shank/ band (not sure what it''s called) will be sharper at the edges and not nicely rounded/ organic-looking as Lynn''s. I''ve been very specific in wanting the head to sit as low as possible and for the two rings to sit flush together.

I am rather nervous but their pieces are quite magnificient. I''m keeping my fingers and toes crossed. If mine turns out half as beautiful as Lynn''s, I''ll be very happy.

Should be ready in abt two weeks!! Yah!!
36.gif
Well, aren''t I just as pleased as punch and busting at the buttons?!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
I am SOOO excited for you and I cannot WAIT to see the finished product! Must. Post. 1,000. Photos. At. Least!
36.gif

Just curious, why couldn''t (wouldn''t?) they do rounded shanks? That was one of the things I really wanted with my rings. Although I have seen some less rounded shanks that were absolutely GORGEOUS, too - so don''t worry. But it just sounded from your post like you wanted the round shank, and I am of the firm opinion that a girl should GET what a girl WANTS!
12.gif

I have every confidence that your rings will be beautiful!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Can''t wait to see that lovely ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results