shape
carat
color
clarity

New setting advice

honor

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Its been a long time since I have posted, however I still visit from time to time to admire the beautiful stones, rings and stories.

For our 10 anniversary, my husband bought me the opportunity to buy and design the ring of my dreams. I worked with Mark from ERD
(when ERD was still ERD) and as you could imagine he was able to source an amazing stone and design a beautiful HW inspired side baguette ring. The ring is divine and I really love it, however I just don't feel like it's really me. Up to the point of making the call on the ring design I had wanted a halo, who knows what compelled me to go with an entirely different design but I did and now I think I might regretting it.

I was wondering, if anyone has advice I how to go about pricing/selling my setting, trading in my setting, or some other option I haven't thought of...I'm thinking that the center stone would just look incredible in a very delicate halo made by Mark at BE. advice , thoughts and stories are greatly appreciated.

here is some info and images of the stone and setting...
The center stone is a 2.08 chunky cushion brilliant - 7.81x7.25x4.97
color- I
clarity-VS2
polish- excellent
symmetry - very good
fluorescence - none

_36304.jpg

_36305.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well your diamond is gorgeous hence would look great in any setting!

Here is a recent thread about a halo from Mark. Good advice provided.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/handforging-halo-questions.219375/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/handforging-halo-questions.219375/[/URL]

FWIW, I wold keep the old setting a put a colored stone in it. If not, I am sure you could sell it through LT/or on our pre-loved forum. Consigning might also work.

Let us know how it unfolds.

cheers--Sharon

honor

Rough_Rock
thank you,
I'm feeling rather guilty about changing my setting and hoping to keep the cost down for the reset by selling the setting. I would love to keep the setting but I'm hoping I can use the funds to lessen the $$$l blow.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can ask Mark if he'd take the setting in trade. He may have a stone to put in there and sell as a complete ring.

It's worth the ask.

I adore the setting for what it's worth. But I totally get the "it's gorgeous, but it's just not ME." of it all. I've done it too.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Honor, I adore your setting! I may be interested in purchasing it but will need to check to see if the stone would fit. Could you please message me on Loupetroop? If you search 3.15 marquise you will find me. :)

honor

Rough_Rock
I've decided to love my setting and maybe down the road I'll reset. It's a lovely setting and I rather spend the money on a different project for right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results