shape
carat
color
clarity

New Rings for Fly Girl and her Guy

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A favorite local jeweler is sadly going out of business so DH and I went to the sale today. We purchased a new wedding band for DH, a George Sawyer Mokume Link ring. His is a 6 mm combo of green, red and white gold. The ring is lined with 18k red gold and has a narrow 18k red gold band around the outside. The pattern of the different gold colors is amazing. He loves it.

SVRings9819.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I picked up this half-eternity band in 18k red gold with 0.55 ctw of cognac diamonds. I love the red flashes in the diamonds.

SVRIng9807.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A hand shot of DH''s new ring. I was noticing that he wasn''t wearing his wedding band much and he finally admitted that it was too tight. So, a great excuse to select a pretty new one.
2.gif

SVRing9812.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And, a hand shot of my new band.

SVRing9811.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of his and her new rings. I think you can see the red gold better in this photo.

SVRings9820.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m planning on primarily wearing my new ring as a RHR. Here it is stacked with a 7 mm red gold scatter band made several years ago by the same jeweler. The scatter band has white, yellow and orange diamonds.

SVRings9801.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely new rings!! And your husband''s ring is very cool, I''ve seen that type of pattern on silk before.

I like your new diamond band too. TFS!!
21.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Very cool rings!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty rings.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly girl, Those bands are awesome! Love the pattern of the DH band, very cool! Sorry you are losing your jeweler, do you have someone else local to use or are you going to have to start searching?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 8:54:36 PM
Author: lcom
Fly girl, Those bands are awesome! Love the pattern of the DH band, very cool! Sorry you are losing your jeweler, do you have someone else local to use or are you going to have to start searching?
Thank you Stone Hunter, chiquitapet, marcyc, and Icom. I used to stop into this jeweler''s shop about twice a week for over 20 years to check out the eye candy. I call them one of my guilty pleasures. They would have regular wine and cheese gatherings, and fundraisers for charity. Fortunately I have other local jewelers, but this place was special and is truly the end of an era for a lot of people. It was fun to pick out another lasting memory today.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new bling! I''m a fan of mokume and my husband loves his mokume band too!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
lovely bands -I especially love your husband''s new mokume band. it''s beautiful :)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 6:58:14 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I''m planning on primarily wearing my new ring as a RHR. Here it is stacked with a 7 mm red gold scatter band made several years ago by the same jeweler. The scatter band has white, yellow and orange diamonds.

Wow! These look great together! I''m sorry this very talented jeweler is going out of business.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
very
30.gif
the tri-colour gold is very pretty

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings. Very unique.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you MTG, Maevie, SaraPJ, Blackpaw, and oddoneout. The real test will be if he wears the Mokume band tomorrow, or goes without. I''m guessing he will remember to wear it, because it really does look nifty.
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow Fly Girl, I really like both rings! I''ve never been into guy''s bands much, but that one is awesome - I especially like the red gold band around the outside, and it gives the ring a lot of interest in an understated way. I don''t think I''ve ever seen cognac diamonds before, but I love how warm and delicious they are - very evocative of the drink, lol! And I have to admit being a little pleased that women aren''t the only ones who suffer from rings getting too tight as the years go by. So sorry to hear about your beloved jeweler - after 20 years, I''m sure they had become good friends to you!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
your two bands together are so well coordinated - like you planned it! I love it! congrats :) Sorry about your fav jeweler though
7.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! Sorry to hear about your jeweler though.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, love the new ring!
36.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool pieces!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Great pieces!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! I love that mokume ring!!!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
What wonderful rings. I am glad you both got something so unique before the talented jeweler disappeared. That part is too sad.

I love the cognac diamonds. I normally do not care for colored diamonds, but your ring is delicious.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty rings! Your cognac band looks great with your diamond band!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much cellentani, Cehra, luv2sparkle, Tuckins1, stepcutgirl, princessplease, Bella_mezzo, lweber, and Neverendupgrade.

First of all, I''d like to report that DH did wear his new ring today.
9.gif
He really does like it. Cellentani, he''s had some thyroid issues over the past year, and I''m not sure if that is part of the swelling problem, or if knuckles just get larger with age in general. I know I have arthritis, but I don''t think that he does.

I worn my new diamond band today, and I''d like to report that it has really neat sparkle and is very comfortable. I definitely prefer half-eternities. No worrying about diamonds and prongs rubbing on steering wheels or door knobs. There is nothing quite like diamonds for sparkle, and these send off pretty much just red flashes. Probably because of the dark color. If anyone is wondering, the diamond color is not natural, although the stones are. They also had a green diamond half eternity at the sale and the stones were bright green. It was a tough choice. I''m kind of hoping does''t sell and I can pick it up later in the sale.
3.gif

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/8/2010 6:58:14 PM
Author: Fly Girl

That is a really cool combo!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Those are both beautiful. The cognac diamonds remind me of garnets which are one of my favorite colored stones - I''m sure they must sparkle more than garnets since they are diamonds though! Your husband''s new band is so gorgeous and unique. Sorry your jeweler is going out of business, but congrats on 2 great finds!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
FG-lovely bands! Sorry to hear about your jeweler closing.

I saw on your link, that Art-A-Whirl is this coming weekend-I have a couple of friends that attend and have really enjoyed it---is this something that you've attended? It sounds fabulous!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results