shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring renderings are here!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Hey ya'll I'm getting a new ring made from an emerald I bought plus some stones from old jewelry. It'll be in platinum...I can't decided if there is too much space underneath the hearts in the basket. I feel like the bottom of the bezel needs to be flush with the bottom of the ring.

At any rate, I am excited, but I want to make sure everything look right before I let the jeweler start work.

4.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm no CAD expert, but I think if the hearts were lower it would make them appear smaller compared to the emerald. You also want to be able to clean them well, which this design will allow you to do. There is a recent thread about trillion sides that were difficult to clean dur to the setting being more closed up.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I am also no CAD expert — but how deep is the center stone? Maybe there’s a way to bring it down a little bit which will close up the opening for the side hearts a little also?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm no CAD expert, but I think if the hearts were lower it would make them appear smaller compared to the emerald. You also want to be able to clean them well, which this design will allow you to do. There is a recent thread about trillion sides that were difficult to clean dur to the setting being more closed up.

I saw that trillion post and yes you want room to clean! I’m also not a CAD expert. but it looks like it’s going to be a showstopper! One thing you might think about is bezel the hearts? So that the heart shape is more defined?

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input ladies. That makes sense with needing to clean the hearts. I did a crappy tweaking of the rendering and sent it to the CAD designer to get her input. Pretty much raised up the bottom so the hearts are in the same spot. Proportionally, I feel like it looks better.

CCEditBasket.jpg

At any, rate, I think they did a great job capturing my sketch. I realize now, I drew a pretty big gap under the hearts and the space under the bezel, so that's why she put that in. For reference here's the pencil sketch I sent them.
sketch.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the input ladies. That makes sense with needing to clean the hearts. I did a crappy tweaking of the rendering and sent it to the CAD designer to get her input. Pretty much raised up the bottom so the hearts are in the same spot. Proportionally, I feel like it looks better.

CCEditBasket.jpg

At any, rate, I think they did a great job capturing my sketch. I realize now, I drew a pretty big gap under the hearts and the space under the bezel, so that's why she put that in. For reference here's the pencil sketch I sent them.
sketch.jpg

Yes I like your revised look better and it still looks like there's plenty of room to clean!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!

How deep is your stone? You'll be able to clean no matter what since you have some openness - I wouldn't worry much about that.

If it were me, I would prefer that they drop the stone as low as possible. It should leave less of a gap b/w the hearts.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
It's a little on the deeper side. I forgot to measure before I sent off, but my friend had the cut the stone for me and wanted to emphasize the color.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
The CAD designer got back to me with a new rendering. Apparently my diamond studs are later than what was depicted. She didn't think lowering the hearts as a good idea. I think it looks better!

8.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results