shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ring...Prongs Seem Off?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Molly said, he would have ordered the setting in your case and had a bench set it. I haven't seen any of his custom rings turning out with this problem, so I think he needs to send it to his best bench to fix your prongs. Don't let the bench who set it touch it again.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
As Molly said, he would have ordered the setting in your case and had a bench set it. I haven't seen any of his custom rings turning out with this problem, so I think he needs to send it to his best bench to fix your prongs. Don't let the bench who set it touch it again.

Yeah, I will not accept that. They lost my trust when they let this ring leave their possession in the state that it’s in. He said he contacted the manufacturer which doesn’t make sense since the past few responses have said that the manufacturer (Stuller in this case) isn’t responsible for setting the main stone.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! The only reason I asked you that question was that it might appear to most people reading the thread was that Jonathan was responsible for the problems with your prongs, and I don't think he really handled settings at that time. I know I was always referred to someone else at that point and he only helped me with the diamonds. I just didn't want him to get the blame for our issues in the past! However, it looks like he didn't check this ring closely before sending it out. The buck stops there in this case, and I am sure he will take care of the problem!

yes, i understand how it could seem that way by answering the OP's question. Truth be told, my intent was to try to help OP feel better and that she is not alone in that she is having major prong issues.

Initially, I did not provide any specific names. It could have been any pricescope or non pricescope vendor.

And even when she asked what came of my prong issues. I still tried to be specific about the issues but vague in identifying who or what entity it was.

So attempting to take the higher road by not pointing fingers and naming names and being by vague, I might have, unintentionally incriminated jonathan. That is, most certainly, not my intent.

So to simply answer the op, I had to pay twice for the terrible work of a bad bench when i shopped for diamonds at good old gold 5 years ago.

Hopefully, OP won't have to furnish additional funds to get her prongs fixed. As the responsibility belongs to the bench and vendor for the state in which her ring was delivered to her.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Big Fat Facets I am SO sorry!!! When I read you where you said "the exact same thing happened" to you, I thought you meant it was the same vendor! I apologize because I now see that you weren't intending to name anyone. I just thought others would assume it was Jon and that's why I asked you! I have never mentioned my prong problems in all these years either. But I am very sorry I misunderstood your intent. I can ask for my posts to be removed if you'd like, but you'd have to request yours to be removed.

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Big Fat Facets I am SO sorry!!! When I read you where you said "the exact same thing happened" to you, I thought you meant it was the same vendor! I apologize because I now see that you weren't intending to name anyone. I just thought others would assume it was Jon and that's why I asked you! I have never mentioned my prong problems in all these years either. But I am very sorry I misunderstood your intent. I can ask for my posts to be removed if you'd like, but you'd have to request yours to be removed.

Dear @diamondseeker2006

Thank you for your most gracious apology. Although, it is not neccessary. I, was in no way, bothered by your question, whatsoever.

And yes, like you, I never clearly and publicly shared my awful experience at gog. Often times, I find its just better and kinder to not rip apart a business, if i don't have to. I just remained quiet about that entire experience. And focus on the positive which are getting to enjoy beautiful diamonds.

When i came across this thread, I just had to respond to op. Because i know exactly what it feels like to have allocated lots of resources towards a luxury purchase such as diamonds and then have the piece arrive, largely, unwearable. Its such a bad, bad feeling.

diamondseeker, I don't feel there is a need to remove posts as i found the discourse was of good intent and what transpired was mutually respect and conducted with civility. To me, there was not any unkindness nor ill intent.

Again, I am humbled by your graciousness.

GatsbyGirl

Rough_Rock
I just received my ring from Jon at Distinctive Gem and I love everything except for the prongs

They’re supposed to be claw prongs, but seem rather bulky and come up pretty far on the stone (maybe it’s just me). Also,I checked the side profile close up since they felt pretty rough and most of them definitely aren’t sitting flush against the

Did you ever get a solution? I ordered an AV Heritage Oval and am deciding on whether or not to have the Master Bench do the setting or do it locally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results