shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring is here, but it's just not love

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I think it's gorgeous but imo diamonds do tend to be way too small! I mean, I would not be interested in anything much under 5 carats in any other stone because I just feel like it doesn't look like much on my finger. And even five carats would need a halo around it for me.

But a five plus carat diamond is out of my comfort zone, financially and otherwise. As has been mentioned, another option is a setting with additional diamonds or a surround/guard. Good luck with it!

I like this go big or go home attitude! Makes me curious about what you usually wear? Can you direct me to any threads?

Friendly

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have been sucked in by your story - I am truly curious where this goes. Following with keen interest :)

Friendly

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks all! I shipped her back tonight. I also had a conversation with my husband about it. About five years ago I lost my original engagement ring down inside center console of my old car. It wasn't able to be retrieved. I've tried a few times to replace this ring but none of them have felt right. My husband to this day is a bit salty about it because he paid what was a lot of money at that time for him during a point in his life where he didn't have much. He picked it out himself. I want him to be part of the replacement process, so I have set some goals for myself and when the time is right I will have him choose from a couple of stones. I think this will help me feel whole about wearing a different ring.

I think I might have torn that car apart looking for it. Did you consider borrowing the jaws of life from the nearest fire station? :razz:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand you’ve already returned this ring and if you bought it all together that’s the route you should have taken anyways but I wanted to chime in and give you a personal experience you might relate to- and my findings were counterintuitive
I wear a 7.25 ring and a few years back I bought myself an antique diamond that faces up about a 1.5 ct (she’s a little bigger though my girl is thicc)
Anyways I set it in a temporary setting that had a thin band delicate prongs everything I thought would make the ring shine. Oh man did it look tiny!
in a community where 1ct is large- I felt like my “sausage fingers” made the thing look awful and I was upset. “What do I have to do to look nice get 3 cts!!” I’d complain.
I loves the diamond though and I had a very specific style I was looking for in a setting - plus it was all my money - so I did not size up any bigger.
I managed to find the setting I wanted - somewhat serendipitously- and the two were completely different. It had a very thick band and say very low to my finger. Despite being so think the setting actually complimented my diamond and finger so much better.
I think skinny bands have their place- but I also think people fear a thick band will make a diamond look smaller. What we think about perspective *should* mean a skinny shank makes a diamond pop- but I think there’s other factors that play a role

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I think I might have torn that car apart looking for it. Did you consider borrowing the jaws of life from the nearest fire station? :razz:

LOL, unfortunately it would have cost more than the ring was worth to take the console apart and put it back together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results