shape
carat
color
clarity

New RHR Pictures

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I just took a couple of pictures of my new RHR to show it's current setting. I had to take pictures of it on my left hand as I couldn't get a clear picture on my right. I'm debating whether to keep this simple setting or change it. I really do like the simplicity and the fact that I can change the look by changing the bands it wear with it but don't know if it's too chunky. :confused: Thoughts?!?!?

lmf2502.jpg

lmf2501.jpg

lmf2504.jpg.JPG

lmf2503.jpg.JPG

stci

Ideal_Rock
For me, it look too much like an engagement ring to wear it on the right hand but the ring is really beautiful!

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock
What a great RHR...I think it's lovely! Is it a Transitional cut?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! :love: But I agree, a solitaire really looks like an e-ring so I would reset it if I were lucky enough to have it!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303520162|2903050 said:
Beautiful stone! :love: But I agree, a solitaire really looks like an e-ring so I would reset it if I were lucky enough to have it!

I appreciate the feedback. I was afraid it might be too much like an e-ring. Any suggestions on how to re-set it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, now that could be a fun project! Let me think a little. What color is the stone?

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303521249|2903069 said:
Hmmmm, now that could be a fun project! Let me think a little. What color is the stone?

The stone is an 2.5 ct. M colour

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here are my first two thoughts for a reset considering that your e-ring is a three-stone. If your e-ring was a solitaire, then I would have suggested a 3 stone for a RHR.

This is a split shank that I think would make a gorgeous RHR:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-229']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-229[/URL]

Or, a cushion shaped halo would be beautiful as well (this pic has a small center stone, though):

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/grace-diamond-engagement-ring-by-vatche-256.htm

Now that I know the color, I think a halo of white diamonds would really accentuate the beautiful M color the most!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303521745|2903075 said:
Okay, here are my first two thoughts for a reset considering that your e-ring is a three-stone. If your e-ring was a solitaire, then I would have suggested a 3 stone for a RHR.

This is a split shank that I think would make a gorgeous RHR:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-229']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-229[/URL]

Or, a cushion shaped halo would be beautiful as well (this pic has a small center stone, though):

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/grace-diamond-engagement-ring-by-vatche-256.htm

Now that I know the color, I think a halo of white diamonds would really accentuate the beautiful M color the most!

I do like the idea of a cushion shaped halo. I really need to be sure about the setting as I only get one shot at it. I have to get it right the first time as this is my LAST big project. I do appreciate the feedback an always welcome setting suggestions so if you find any more, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share them.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303522890|2903086 said:

OMG.....Dee Jay's ring is :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love: I love it. I wonder how my lower colour stone would look in a setting similar to that. Yum!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Farleysmom|1303523822|2903104 said:

Wahoooooo! I agree! This Dee Jay's ring is to die for and I think your diamond would be adorable in it! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your stone would look fabulous in it; just brace yourself for the price of a setting like that! It is very beautiful, though!

I love it! I would keep it as a solitaire for a bit but I think a nice halo would be pretty :)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a gorgeous diamond Farleysmom!!! I really like it in its current setting but it's true that it looks more like an ER. The settings that have already been suggested are very beautiful! The Jack Kelege setting is to die for but it looks a little chunky and overwhelming to me! I guess i'd like it better with a center diamond in a smaller size!
I am attaching pics of my own diamond RHR, which is also an M color but much smaller than yours (1.22ct). The setting is a custom made round halo, in 18ct white gold, with white diamonds (if i remember well, they're F-E color). We tried to set the stone in yellow gold, both with yellow and white diamonds and it didn't look good at all, but when we set it in WG and with white diamonds, it looked amazing!
I can't wait to see how you will finally have your beauty set!!! :appl:

Attachments

• hbffbvd.bmp
    776.3 KB · Views: 1,485
  • fjngkjfdnvg.bmp
    446.3 KB · Views: 1,488

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring but it does look like an ering. Perhaps switch your three stone to be your rhr and wear your new beauty as your ering?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1303555958|2903275 said:
Beautiful ring but it does look like an ering. Perhaps switch your three stone to be your rhr and wear your new beauty as your ering?

That's a great idea too!!! :wacko:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
natyLad|1303541633|2903240 said:
Wow! What a gorgeous diamond Farleysmom!!! I really like it in its current setting but it's true that it looks more like an ER. The settings that have already been suggested are very beautiful! The Jack Kelege setting is to die for but it looks a little chunky and overwhelming to me! I guess i'd like it better with a center diamond in a smaller size!
I am attaching pics of my own diamond RHR, which is also an M color but much smaller than yours (1.22ct). The setting is a custom made round halo, in 18ct white gold, with white diamonds (if i remember well, they're F-E color). We tried to set the stone in yellow gold, both with yellow and white diamonds and it didn't look good at all, but when we set it in WG and with white diamonds, it looked amazing!
I can't wait to see how you will finally have your beauty set!!! :appl:

NatyLad.....your ring is stunning :love: :love: . I really like setting, it' beautiful. I also like the idea of a bezel around the diamond for a RHR. Hmmmm......so much to think about.

I think I'll take my time with this decision and not rush it as I want to make sure I get it right. You've all given me some great suggestions. I'll have to go out and try on a ton of settings to see how they look on my hand.

Stci....thank you as well for your kind words and feedback.

lknvrb4...I thought about changing hands with my rings but my 3-stone is set up quite high so I'd be afraid of knocking the stones about. This new stone is set low for just this reason. I do appeciate the idea though. Thank you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a GORGEOUS stone!!!

I love it just as it is. It does look more like an Ering, but who cares?! But.. I also love the idea of a bezel - and goodness, that will be a substantial piece, though it's not like your wedding set can't hold its own :bigsmile:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1303607272|2903757 said:
Oh, what a GORGEOUS stone!!!

I love it just as it is. It does look more like an Ering, but who cares?! But.. I also love the idea of a bezel - and goodness, that will be a substantial piece, though it's not like your wedding set can't hold its own :bigsmile:

Oh, thank you Yssie. I am really enjoying the look of this stone. My 3-stone has a more "splintery" look and this stone has bolder, chunkier flashes. I was told it was an older stone so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Here is a couple of pictures of it with two of the bands I alternate wearing with it. I do like the look of the full eternity with it. I think the side view compliments the setting.

lmfband3.jpg.JPG

lmfband2.jpg.JPG

lmfband1.jpg.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it! in that substantial solitaire setting, I do like a halo for a RHR, it will look amazing :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the side views too, with the matching scallops :love:

It does look chunky! Hopefully LGK will see this thread soon and shed some light on what exactly it is 8)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new diamond is gorgeous and looks great in that setting but I too think it does look like an ering. I like the idea of a 3 stone, halo or maybe setting is with some gemstone side stones. I can't wait to see what you do with this beauty!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
marcy|1303674616|2904150 said:
Your new diamond is gorgeous and looks great in that setting but I too think it does look like an ering. I like the idea of a 3 stone, halo or maybe setting is with some gemstone side stones. I can't wait to see what you do with this beauty!

Thank you Marcy. I'm going to take my time to ensure I get the perfect setting as I'm not sure exactly what I want. As my ering is a 3-stone, I think I want something different for my RHR -- possibly a halo or bezel setting. It is going to be fun trying on a variety of different settings. :twirl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
love that diamond, it's beautiful~ :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom, it is always fun to try new settings. I really like halos but I sure don't like them on me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the solitaire and would leave it as is and wear it sometimes on my left hand instead of the three-stone! Or wear it on the RH, who cares if it looks like an e-ring??

I would not halo it, but that is my preference because it would not match the color.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the feedback. I've been wearing this ring now for a couple of weeks and am growing fond of the plain solitaire setting. The stone is substantial enough to stand on it's own in a plan setting and I'm afraid that a halo will be a little overwhelming on the hand and that it may take away from the stone. I think, for once, I'll just leave it as it is, wear it for a few months and then decide if I want to change it.

I just had to post these last 2 pictures as I liked the way the small culet was reflecting in the stone. :naughty: Again, I'm hoping if someone can tell me if this is a transitional cut stone.

lmfrhr22.jpg

lmfrhr23.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...we finally got some sun so I snapped a couple of pictures with my blackberry. I really like the different colours -- blue fire in one and red in the other. I thought it was neat to get the red fire shot as there was nothing remotely red in the area of the picture.

Sorry for the photo overload :bigsmile:

lmffireshot.jpg

lmffireshot1.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to post a few more pictures :bigsmile: This is my RHR with my ering as a colour comparison. My ering center stone is an L and my new RHR is an M. I love the subtle warmth.

lmfrhrclr.jpg

lmferngclr.jpg

lmf2rngclr.jpg

lmf2rngclr1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results