shape
carat
color
clarity

New Project - anyone wanna help?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I finally have a new project in the works (yay for me) ::) - it is still early days, but my plan is to re-set my 2ct Ceylon sapphire custom cut from Jeff White:

And it will be done by RDG, NZ :appl:

As I haven't been around much, I'm sure I've missed lots of lovely new rings.
Does anyone please know if any of our members have used GOG AVC's for a 3 stone? More specifically, using some of the smaller AVC pairs Jon has been cutting as side-stones?
If so, I would loooovvvee to see any links or pics, please!!

I did try the new search, but it was kinda...ummm..unhelpful :wink2:

Cheers in advance for anythings folks can share!

AJ

SAP048%20aj%20JW.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry aj I can't offer advice re. the three stone AVC question, but AHHHHH it's so exciting to hear from you, especially when you have a new project!!!! Squeeeeeee! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

AVC sidestones, what an amazing idea! Especially seeing as I'm lusting after an AVC myself :lickout:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not too sure acute your AVC question, but can't wait to see what you so with your latest project!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant remember anyone using AVRs for side stones but I think they would be lovely! Gorgeous stone you have!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,

Glad you are back, AJ! It is great that you are working with RDG, I can not wait to see the masterpiece they will create with this gorgeous stone!

Hopefully this will help! http://www.vimeo.com/9217376

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone and a great idea for a soon-to-be amazing ring!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
wow! that is an awesome stone- I love the color! I think it would look amazing in either a slpit shank with a halo - micropave, or with some half moons or shields on the sides....I have a blue ring and have had it re-set like 5 times and my favorite is what it is now- the halo- it just sets off the blue color

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi AJ! Congrats on your upcoming project. That JW stone is deeeeeeeeevine.

:love:

Before my ring's current iteration, I had a three-stone AVC. It doesn't have a colored center stone, but might give you a vibe for the look. Setting is by James Allen.

Hope that helps! Can't wait to see your beauty! :))

Kathy

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
kathleenmv|1312343251|2982827 said:
Hi AJ! Congrats on your upcoming project. That JW stone is deeeeeeeeevine.

:love:

Before my ring's current iteration, I had a three-stone AVC. It doesn't have a colored center stone, but might give you a vibe for the look. Setting is by James Allen.

Hope that helps! Can't wait to see your beauty! :))

Kathy

Kathy, thank you! This is just what I needed to see - do you have a thread for this ring?

May I ask what size were the smaller AVC's, and what made you change?

thanks
thanks!!
:appl:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your posts for far and lovely comments!

Running out the door at the moment, but will have more time tonights..

Cheers, keep any others coming!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Ebree also did and all AVC three stone. Couldn't find pics though.

I have always loved that sapphire.

And the jeweler's you've chosen do some seriously stop traffic profiles on their three stones so I can't wait to see this project... from the profile as well as head on. You know how much I love a nice profile.

Kathleen I really like the angle your side stones are set at in relation to the center in that setting.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, AJ!

I don't have a thread for this ring. (I know...I'm terrible.) I'll see if I can round up a few more photos before I leave town today.

The side stones were, I think, .40 carats each. I believe they measured a smidge over 4mm. The center stone is 6.9mmx6.7mm.

I did love the ring and only changed because I wanted the visual oomph of a halo. I think your sapph with AVC sides would be absolutely stunning. I'm already drooling! :lickout:

Thank you, Gypsy, for the kind words. :))

Kathy

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
kathleenmv|1312378521|2983044 said:
Thanks, AJ!

I don't have a thread for this ring. (I know...I'm terrible.) I'll see if I can round up a few more photos before I leave town today.

The side stones were, I think, .40 carats each. I believe they measured a smidge over 4mm. The center stone is 6.9mmx6.7mm.

I did love the ring and only changed because I wanted the visual oomph of a halo. I think your sapph with AVC sides would be absolutely stunning. I'm already drooling! :lickout:

Kathy

Thank you Kathy for that reply.
That is actually just the size I was considering - either 0.30's or 0.40's ; and your centre stone has similar dimensions to mine, so this is a great help!

I know what you mean..I am currently doing the decision making between a 3 stone or a halo..

Can you tell me, did the small AVC's throw around the same pastels, rainbows, fire etc as the larger one? And could you make out the unique faceting pattern? I'm just really curious for details as I wouldn't have the opportunity to see them in person (only of course a video), before they would be set, most likely..

Any more pics are always appreciated, thanks! :appl:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Do we possibly have any photoshop whizzes around who could ever so kindly put my sapphire into Kathy's ring?

here are some RL pics of my sapphire in its current home, if that helps (I also kinda like showing off my gem) :rodent:

sap aj4.jpg

sap aj3.jpg

sap aj1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi|1312275754|2982173 said:
Sorry aj I can't offer advice re. the three stone AVC question, but AHHHHH it's so exciting to hear from you, especially when you have a new project!!!! Squeeeeeee! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

AVC sidestones, what an amazing idea! Especially seeing as I'm lusting after an AVC myself :lickout:

shimmer said:
Hi,

Glad you are back, AJ! It is great that you are working with RDG, I can not wait to see the masterpiece they will create with this gorgeous stone!

Hopefully this will help! http://www.vimeo.com/9217376

Hey Andi & Shimmer,

thanks so much for the lovely welcome backs ::)

Shimmer, I don't think I could work with anyone else these days but RDG if the jeweller paid me ! That's how much I enjoy our working relationship and respect their customer service and craftsmanship.

Yup, I :love: RDG, its true :bigsmile:

eta: thank you shimmer for the link; I just checked out that 3 stone Vatche from GOG - yum!! How I wish I could afford those sizes, ha!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Almost can't believe I'm posting this, but I'm leaning very heavily toward a halo for this reset - something along the lines of this (in terms of proportions of diamonds to centre gem), but without the pave on the shank:

I only say that as - not that I don't love admiring the beautifully crafted halos on PS - but I never thought I'd desire one.

diamondtifff said:
wow! that is an awesome stone- I love the color! I think it would look amazing in either a slpit shank with a halo - micropave, or with some half moons or shields on the sides....I have a blue ring and have had it re-set like 5 times and my favorite is what it is now- the halo- it just sets off the blue color

just as you say, diamondtiff - nothing really sets off a strong blue sapphire like a bright white halo.

Such as, exhibit A:

sorry folks, I just realized this isn't entirely the correct forum for this thread - shall I move it to hangout..? does anyone mind?

LM sapph.jpg

LM pinky.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Here ya go AJ

IMG_1726.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I know this does neither Kathy's ring nor my gem any favours - but kinda a start..?

ha ha, wow that's a bad chop-job!

Slide1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1312384431|2983105 said:
Here ya go AJ

oh Davi, we were posting at the same time - thank you, yours is a *massive* improvement!

If I can source a suitable halo pic, would you be kind enough to do one more..?

cheers!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1312384431|2983105 said:
Here ya go AJ

Davi, would you be so kind please..?

LM halo.jpg

sap aj.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
quick and dirty, not perfect, but I think it does its job :D

LM halo.jpg

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane|1312381702|2983067 said:
kathleenmv|1312378521|2983044 said:
Thanks, AJ!

Kathy

Thank you Kathy for that reply.
That is actually just the size I was considering - either 0.30's or 0.40's ; and your centre stone has similar dimensions to mine, so this is a great help!

I know what you mean..I am currently doing the decision making between a 3 stone or a halo..

Can you tell me, did the small AVC's throw around the same pastels, rainbows, fire etc as the larger one? And could you make out the unique faceting pattern? I'm just really curious for details as I wouldn't have the opportunity to see them in person (only of course a video), before they would be set, most likely..

Any more pics are always appreciated, thanks! :appl:

I could definitely see the distinctive AVC facet pattern, even in the wee stones, and I found them to be just as fiery as the larger one.

I don't think you could go wrong with a halo or a three-stone. Either would showcase your magnificent sapphire beautifully. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice photoshop skills, davi!

Arjuna, I think it looks fantastic in the halo! :lickout:

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Oh here is the picture of my ring I wanted to show you..I just LOVE the halo and how it makes the blue color "POP"

IMG_5825.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm voting for the halo! You could even make it a 3 stone with the halo only around your stone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1312528168|2984671 said:
Just found this video w/ stones for an AVC threestone :sun: http://vimeo.com/19218760

thank you yssie for the link - this is certainly an idea I am going to stash away for a future project (the gem in my avatar immediately comes to mind).

But it looks like I have my heart set on a halo - who knew!? I think that p'shopped image sealed the deal..

I would love any and all help from posters for ideas for unique halos - either something about the band, or the profile, is a lil unique, different, interesting, original etc.
Of course, I have a mountain of ideas I've already heaped on Mike, and he has drawn up my first set of sketches..

But more ideas & inspiration are needed, please!
links to threads, websites, or individual pics etc are very welcome.

Cheers in advance - and I promise to repay with some fun progress pics down the track :tongue:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1312359998|2982945 said:
I think Ebree also did and all AVC three stone. Couldn't find pics though.

I have always loved that sapphire.

And the jeweler's you've chosen do some seriously stop traffic profiles on their three stones so I can't wait to see this project... from the profile as well as head on. You know how much I love a nice profile.

Kathleen I really like the angle your side stones are set at in relation to the center in that setting.

hi gypsy - cheers!

and of course re the nice profile, you and I share an affinity for interesting & unique profiles!
Mike knows this, he starts my drawings now from the profile view :bigsmile:

I'm sorry I'm not caught up on PS news; did I read somewhere you are changing your Ocean ring hon?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results