shape
carat
color
clarity

New Project - anyone wanna help?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I've asked for this thread to be moved to CS, as I realise its not really suitable for SMTR..

However in the meantime, has anyone ever seen, or can link me to - a halo ring with a Mokume Gane (MG) band??
I have to admit, I have always desired a Mokume band, and Aeoliarnarpa's amazing new AVC ring has really cemented that desire :love:

I think that the creativity shown on Krikawa's website demonstrates that the combo of Mokume, diamonds and sapphires can work, especially if one keeps the mokume colours delicate and to a minimum (ie. silver on grey).
However I can't find a Mokume and halo ring anywhere..

Do people think this is because it won't work? Does anyone else like the idea? If you can find me a photo or link I'd be really grateful (I've scoured all the M.G. jeweller sites I can think of).

Alternatively, if someone can photoshop my sapphire with halo onto one or both of the following bands, I would be super appreciative!
(please let me know if you need alternate sapphire/halo pics to make the p'shop work).

MG K1.jpg

MG K2.jpg

pal WG and SS.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Here is a larger cushion halo to help, and my sapphire again..if anyone is happy to do this in p'shop for me, I would appreciate it ever so much!

At the moment, this is my fore-running idea for my re-set, but being able to visualize it would help so much more :))

canera U cut.jpg

SAP048%20aj%20JW.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't photoshop but your stone would be absolutely amazing in that setting!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
AJ, it's great to see you back in CS!

I think your sapphire would look amazing in any of the halos you've posted, although the LM image--with the blue sapphire-- is my personal favorite. Could you explain what it is that you are not enjoying about your current setting? That might help a bit as people make suggestions and give feedback.

Edited for clarity.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife|1312727817|2985832 said:
AJ, it's great to see you back in CS!

I think your sapphire would look amazing in any of the halos you've posted, although the LM image--with the blue sapphire-- is my personal favorite. Could you explain what it is that you are not enjoying about your current setting? That might help a bit as people make suggestions and give feedback.

Edited for clarity.

Ditto all the above !!!
I really like your current setting though ~ is it the prongs that bother you?
I personally adore the milgrain ...... :love:

sap aj.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mokume gane is incredibly beautiful. I checked krikawa's sale section and they are pretty expensive, though. I assume the technique itself is expensive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results