shape
carat
color
clarity

New Pistachios

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I recently purchased a mini lot of pistachio Tahitians from Jac. I enquired about pistachios after seeing light gold ones being listed on his etsy store. After several email exchanges, I settled on a small lot of AAA round/off round pistachios ( he sold them as mini lots only).
Iam very excited about getting these and thought I'd share with you all.
Those from Jac are not set. The earrings were purchased at a jewellery fair last year. In terms of colors, only his smallest ones are close to what I had. But given the great difference in price, I have no complaints.

20160512_162450-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The pearls under different lighting.

20160512_163007-1.jpg

20160512_162651-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
My photos tend too be a little dark. The actual pearls are a touch brighter.
The next headache is how/ what to set them into. Right now I am clueless.

icm_fullxfull_90510583_j8d1fdlvkb48k8s8s0c0.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Do you have enough for a tincup?

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I might have found a possible driller / setter who's willing to help drill and set at a modest fee if you provide all the parts in Singapore.
If it works out. I'll let u know.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy jade, I bought only 5 & had them half drilled. And they are of different sizes. A variant of tin cup is multiple pendants dangling off a chain, which is still potentially doable.
Kalmen22, if that drilling/ setting works out for you, can you please share the info with us? Setting is not difficult. It is the drilling which I find problematic so it will be great if I can find a local person to do it.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes pls let me know as well!

Btw what glue are you ladies using? Do you think the 2 part epoxy sold by Daiso can work? I just got some cheap findings off etsy n eBay and am gonna try to fix some earrings whenever I feel brave enough to try...

P.S. Am gonna drop by Golay next week. Will ask if they have contacts for drilling n stringing n let u know if they have...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC said:
Icy jade, I bought only 5 & had them half drilled. And they are of different sizes. A variant of tin cup is multiple pendants dangling off a chain, which is still potentially doable.

Or a charm bracelet? That would be doable with 5 pearls as well.

Btw Golay just brought in a beautiful strand of round pistachios (up to 13.9mm). Pm me on the other forum if you want details...

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes will update. I'm waiting for my parts to come in from the states.
Will be the end of the month.

Do let me know stringing info. I would need to get 1 strand done. Bought from Jac as well.

And pistachio sounds oh tempting.... I'll pm you.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yc how bout cluster pendant.. like a bunch of grapes?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade, I use Araldite - the 60 minute one, not the 5 minute one. Have not had problems. Can find at hardware stores.
I just received my purchase from Bella findings. They have a variety of basic pendant / earring settings and the 14k/18k gold ones are reasonably priced. Can check them out. One word of caution - it can be difficult to gauge the sizes of some findings, as minimal info is available on the website. But having said that, most of what I bought meet my needs. If you do order from them, just be aware they added my shipping charges to the value of my package, resulting in me having to pay GST .... sigh...

I don't wear bracelets though it is a great way to display the pearls. :)
Kalmen, your multipearl pendant is a good idea but I will first need to find THE pendant. Any suggestions? Do share photos of your strand when it is ready.

Icy jade, I will PM you tomorrow or over the weekend about the pistachio strand. Currently not in the market for more strands but I certainly love to "see" nice ones.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I have lots of ideas! There have been a few PS pearl girls who created pearl station necklaces with gemstone beads, "inspired by" Gellner creations. We've seen sapphire beads, labradorite beads, topaz beads, black spinel, some really interesting color combinations!

If you have five pearls, you could create a tin cup, but the trick is to space the pearls near the front.

You could make a "bar" necklace, with your pearls in a line.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: New Pistachio

YC they look gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you end up making!

kalmen22 said:
Yes will update. I'm waiting for my parts to come in from the states.
Will be the end of the month.

Do let me know stringing info. I would need to get 1 strand done. Bought from Jac as well.

And pistachio sounds oh tempting.... I'll pm you.

Kalmen is this your order?? I noticed one of the strands had sold then saw your post. If so, your pearls look amazing! The colours!!

_3583.jpeg

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
siameseroo: Sharp one you. Guilty!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: New Pistachio

Wow! Congrats kalmen, please share lots of photos when they arrive! I'd love to see how the colours compare to Jac's photos.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Kalmen, the colors are amazing! Must share your photos after you receive them.

Ennui, the Gellner strands do look lovely.But I am not keen to full drill these pearls as they are really clean. I may use the Gellner idea for other pearl projects instead.
I am quite keen to set one of them into a ring simply cos I do not have a pistachio ring.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
YC: Yes will do.

Also I found a pic of the grape like cluster pendant... i'm not sure if i can post here.
Pm you on the other forum?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
How about using the earring pearls also and making a tin cup? If you have long hair, though, five pearls may be enough -- I have a seven-pearl tin cup but the ones on either end don't show much with my hair loose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results