shape
carat
color
clarity

New pics of 2 OECs (chunky and checkerboard)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love checkerboard :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Your pictures are amazing! I am so in love with checkers! They are both great, enjoy them!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful stones!! They're very lovely!!

You say you got Chunky from eBay?? I'm pretty sure that I was going to bid on that one, but missed it by a few minutes. It ended up out of my price range, anyhow. Congrats!! Glad to see it went to a PSer who I can live vicariously through :naughty: :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nice pieces and nice pictures!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are SO beautiful!! The photos are fantastic, I LOVE the closeups of Checkers! I can't wait to see what you end up doing with Chunky. Are you keeping Checkers in her current home?

I'm giggleing at the quote from your little guy, that is SO CUTE!!! :love: :love:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Hi! Another checkerboard lover!!! :love: :love: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poor chunky, he needs some love. I love chunky!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I've been AWOL-my internet time had gotten a little out of control, plus family and work are busy, so I'm limiting PS to weekends...I miss you all, it's a little crazy how addicted I am/was ;))

Thanks so much purplesilk, dandiandi, pregcurious, manderz, christina, amysbling, diamondseeker, and minousbijoux.

Manderz, yeah it went beyond my budget too, but something happened with the winning bid, so I won it on a second chance kind of thing. :appl:

:cheeky: thanks DD-I love chunky too:)

going outside now to take a profile shot for you, it's not that high, though the table is pretty small which is nice:love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you get them looked at by a jeweler yet? I am very curious about their weights and measurements.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
They look lovely! Congrats, I bet a second chance offer was a fun surprise!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: DD, no I didn't make it to the jeweler yet. I want to go to ID and I can only go Saturdays which is an issue. If anyone has a great jeweler in Manhattan who is open on Saturdays and doesn't charge and arm and a leg please point me in the right direction.

Manderz-yeah, the second chance was a very cool ebay opportunity :cheeky:

Here are some more pics of chunky (not so great as it was starting to be dusk) but hopefully you can get a sense of crown height.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
profile views

DSCN0592.JPG

DSCN0593.JPG

DSCN0594.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it is so pretty and the yellow gold is :love: I am going to sell the setting to try and pay for my pendant setting, but it is kind of growing on my, frankenprongs and all:) and the finger presence is awesome! (FYI-i'm not in a morgue, just our building' basement:)

DSCN0595.JPG

DSCN0596.JPG

DSCN0602.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
last ones...

DSCN0598.JPG

DSCN0599.JPG

DSCN0600.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
BEEELLAAAA!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Not one but TWO OECs????? GORGEOUS!!!!! Lucky lady!

They are gorgeous! I especially love CHUNKY and gosh, they look huuuuuuge. Amazing finger coverage and very blingy!!!! Love love love the look with the 5-stone! I love BOTH settings...so pretty! Yellow gold is also growing on me more and more...I just think it is so pretty and classic. Oooooooohhhhhhh...bling bling bling!

YAY! What a great way to celebrate your success and also your family!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re: New pics of 2 OECs (chunky and checkerboard)-UPDATE

:appl: :appl: :appl:

I received a birthday check from my grandmother, so I am finally moving forward with setting Chunky as a pendant...(Checkers is just too gorgeous, she's staying a ring so I can look at her :cheeky: ).

I'll start a thread for the pendant once I have sketches, but it's going to be a custom setting by Sally that looks like a thin milgrain DBTY-style bezel from the front, but has some kind of interesting back--either Sally's lotus or some of her gorgeous, delicate carving.

More on that later, the big news is...

According to the jeweler a few doors down from ID Jewelry (ID was closed for vacation until Friday which I didn't know until I trekked all the way down there :knockout: ;( ) Chunky is a .92 ct, 6.5mm, "very good color, at least G probably better", SI2, Old Mine Cut. the jeweler was floored that I bought it on ebay and even more floored when I gave him a ballpark price.

I'm keeping Chunky's yellow gold and diamond setting for now while I decide whether to use it for a gem stone ring or sell it on the bistro...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great! The seller was pretty close in his estimates then, that is always nice to hear (though the diamond is bigger, right?)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
yep, it was sold to me as an "at least .8 ct, G, SI2" and I was hoping that it would at least be ".75 ct J eyeclean for a pendant" stone, so I am pretty happy:)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: New pics of 2 OECs (chunky and checkerboard)-UPDATE

Bella_mezzo|1341936989|3231642 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl:

I received a birthday check from my grandmother, so I am finally moving forward with setting Chunky as a pendant...(Checkers is just too gorgeous, she's staying a ring so I can look at her :cheeky: ).

I'll start a thread for the pendant once I have sketches, but it's going to be a custom setting by Sally that looks like a thin milgrain DBTY-style bezel from the front, but has some kind of interesting back--either Sally's lotus or some of her gorgeous, delicate carving.

More on that later, the big news is...

According to the jeweler a few doors down from ID Jewelry (ID was closed for vacation until Friday which I didn't know until I trekked all the way down there :knockout: ;( ) Chunky is a .92 ct, 6.5mm, "very good color, at least G probably better", SI2, Old Mine Cut. the jeweler was floored that I bought it on ebay and even more floored when I gave him a ballpark price.

I'm keeping Chunky's yellow gold and diamond setting for now while I decide whether to use it for a gem stone ring or sell it on the bistro...

What kind of pendant setting?

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
these are gorgeous!!! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results