shape
carat
color
clarity

New pear sides for my engagement ring...opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just received a picture of my .92 RB and the new pears that WF got in for us. They are a little narrower, which is good, but is it my imagination or is the right one noticeably larger than the left one?

Here's the picture of the new look (I shrunk the image to 50%) to make it look a little more life size). What are your opinions? (I don't know the dimensions of the sides.)

ETA: I'm not sure shrinking the image worked. Oh well. You get the idea.

new pears.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
What are the pears'' carat weights? I''m sure WF wouldn''t give you two unmatched stones.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey zoe,

Looks great to me, and it''s your imagination.
2.gif

I love this style ring!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like these narrower pears better than the last ones-they''re very pretty! I don''t think one is bigger than the other, but if you''re worried about it, perhaps you can get Whiteflash to give you measurements?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t mean to imply that WF would do two different sizes. Each time I look at them, it changes, so as Ellen said, it must be my imagination.
1.gif

I love them! These should be about 1.50-1.55:1 L:W ratio, as that''s what WF said they''d try to get in. I had forgotten about that e-mail. All that''s left to do is show them to my boyfriend, then let WF know they can get the ball rolling. This is exciting!
1.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Zoe,

I''m no pear expert but they look the same size to me as well and very pretty! I really like the look of a RB flanked by pears it''s going to look great
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! We''re so excited about getting our ring. It''s going to be really hard to wait but definitely worth it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like these ones so much more than the last! Go for it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them a lot!!! To tell you the truth one of mine is fatter than the other, no one else sees it but me. I like it that way, as I know it's my ring especially if I have to have it sized, cleaned or whatever. The difference is miniscule. I say these are very nice, so go for it!!!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 7:26:40 PM
Author:zoebartlett
I just received a picture of my .92 RB and the new pears that WF got in for us. They are a little narrower, which is good, but is it my imagination or is the right one noticeably larger than the left one?

Here''s the picture of the new look (I shrunk the image to 50%) to make it look a little more life size). What are your opinions? (I don''t know the dimensions of the sides.)

ETA: I''m not sure shrinking the image worked. Oh well. You get the idea.
I'' d swear the one on the left side of my screen is bigger (fatter) than the one on the right. But, I don''t think it''s a deal breaker or will even be noticeable once set. Like Kaleigh said, it will make it your ring and you''ll always know it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zoe, i don''t think you''re totally off base here...after looking at my monitor several times i did notice that the center stone table is slightly tilted towards the right pear, could this be creating an optical illusion? Also, the left pear seems a bit narrower at the tip than the left, but i honestly think when the stones are all set there is no way one would be able to tell if they were actually a teensy bit differently sized whether they are or not.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:21:00 PM
Author: jayrenay9

Date: 4/12/2007 7:26:40 PM
Author:zoebartlett

Here''s the picture of the new look (I shrunk the image to 50%) to make it look a little more life size). What are your opinions? (I don''t know the dimensions of the sides.)

ETA: I''m not sure shrinking the image worked. Oh well. You get the idea.
I'' d swear the one on the left side of my screen is bigger (fatter) than the one on the right. But, I don''t think it''s a deal breaker or will even be noticeable once set. Like Kaleigh said, it will make it your ring and you''ll always know it!
So, I saved your picture to my file then printed it out. I cut out the pears and stuck them on top of it other and they are pretty much the exact same size!! Must be an optical illusion!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I e-mailed WF and told Bob that we love the pears and we can't wait for the ring to be made. Jenray -- thanks for checking on the size. You really didn't need to do that but I appreciate the effort. We're so happy with the look and we're so excited. So far, so good...this has definitely been the biggest purchase we've made and we're very impressed with the service we've gotten. I'll keep you posted! Thanks once again for you help everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:23:56 AM
Author: zoebartlett
I e-mailed WF and told Bob that we love the pears and we can''t wait for the ring to be made. Jenray -- thanks for checking on the size. You really didn''t need to do that but I appreciate the effort. We''re so happy with the look and we''re so excited. So far, so good...this has definitely been the biggest purchase we''ve made and we''re very impressed with the service we''ve gotten. I''ll keep you posted! Thanks once again for you help everyone!
Please do, can''t wait to see it!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:23:56 AM
Author: zoebartlett
I e-mailed WF and told Bob that we love the pears and we can''t wait for the ring to be made. Jenray -- thanks for checking on the size. You really didn''t need to do that but I appreciate the effort. We''re so happy with the look and we''re so excited. So far, so good...this has definitely been the biggest purchase we''ve made and we''re very impressed with the service we''ve gotten. I''ll keep you posted! Thanks once again for you help everyone!
You''re welcome. But honestly, it was for my own peace of mind!! LOL I kept analyzing the photo and my eyes were starting to hurt!!
40.gif

Good luck with the project!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just saw this thread...here's a shrunken picture. I prefer your first pair. ETA: actually, going back to the old thread, the first pair was too wide. These are better.

newpears101.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely proportions. It does look like the one on the right is slightly fatter, but then when firegoddess shrunk the image you would have to look *really* hard to ever notice that. With shapes like pears and marquise, I think it''s almost impossible to get the two perfectly matched and I think these two are definitely close enough.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
they are beautiful!! once they are set no one but you will ever notice if one is slightly fatter than the other...all people will see is a beautiful ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results