clarity

New opal

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! It's gorgeous @mrs-b. I LOVE the red and orange in there. Now that is an opal!:love:

@missy - I was hoping you might see it! I'm so happy with it - I've wanted a really good opal for a while now; I mean, I *am* Australian, an' all! :) I think I can only afford it because I'm getting it from Australia, where we really don't value opals, since they're so prolific and common - especially the bad ones! I'm so happy you like this one; I think it's extraordinary!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I was hoping you might see it! I'm so happy with it - I've wanted a really good opal for a while now; I mean, I *am* Australian, an' all! :) I think I can only afford it because I'm getting it from Australia, where we really don't value opals, since they're so prolific and common - especially the bad ones! I'm so happy you like this one; I think it's extraordinary!

You've done very well mrs_b! This is really a good one. I agree it's extraordinary.:love: The mix of colors and the liveliness and wow the red and orange glow. I love it!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is a museum piece. Beautiful!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg when I saw it I uttered an expletive lolol "oh f me!"

It's unbelievable!:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww - thanks folks! I've looked for a while and wanted something special. It was the video that won me over. When he started moving it around, I said out loud - "That's the one!"

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is phenomenal! top top top! You are so lucky! Congrats!!!:appl:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Awwww - thanks folks! I've looked for a while and wanted something special. It was the video that won me over. When he started moving it around, I said out loud - "That's the one!"

Is it going in a ring or a pendant?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I about near collapsed in green jealousy, then I remembered I like you and LOVE LOVE your jewelry, I cannot wait to see this stone set.. it's going to be a knockout.. would love an opal like yours, I can't wait to see it..

banana_smiley_21.gif
loveshower.gif
loveshower.gif
loveshower.gif

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
67E977E5-99B7-40C9-AD93-BAE0FCA05D9E.jpeg 42227BEA-DD42-4E75-B7CB-F62F200E3589.jpeg BACABDAC-A384-4596-B22B-B0554ADB187C.jpeg :appl:Gorgeous!! I love the out of this world colors of your stone!! There is such a colour explosion going on.

Have you seen it in real life or will it be set directly? The setting sounds divine. Which jeweller will set it for you?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that might just be the single most beautiful opal I've ever seen! Love, love, love it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Acinom :wavey:

I'll get DKJ to set it. I'm going to set it into a setting very like my Holly ring; diamond shoulders, milgrain 'boxes' down the sides, satin finished in the boxes. This won't be till next year; I have the next 5 projects lines up ahead of it. I'm really pushing to get all my projects done this year; I've done a bunch recently, and this is in that vein.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :appl:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The video was phenomenal, but it looks like the listing may mention your name. If this is the case then can you get the vendor to cut that bit out?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see it set!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooh I saw this on Justin's Instagram account not long ago and was drooling over it then! :lickout:

What a STUNNER! :clap: Cannot wait to see it set.....

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing opal, It’s so lively, I could stare at it forever!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see it set!!

I'm going to do a setting similar to my 'Merry' ring. i think that setting would make the whole thing feel like more of a band, assuming I set the opal east/west. That setting has 3 diamonds on each side, but I would cut it down to 2 on each side; it would just be too large otherwise. it would be just over .8ctw of diamonds on the sides, then the bezeled opal in the middle, then the satin finished yellow gold etcetcetc.

Pretty, right? I'll attach some photos of 'Merry' and if you can imagine the opal in the middle, give me your opinion on this whole idea? I wouldn't have a garland basket, nor the holly decal on the back, and only 2 side stones on each side - but the rest would be essentially the same. Your thought? Thanks @Catmom!

DKJPV_MSC--2.jpg

DKJPV_MSC--3.jpg

DKJPV_MSC--5.jpg

DKJPV_MSC-3.jpg

Attachments

• DKJPV_MSC--2.jpg
    DKJPV_MSC--2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 18

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful opal! I can't wait to see it in its setting.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely gorgeous :love::love::love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to do a setting similar to my 'Merry' ring. i think that setting would make the whole thing feel like more of a band, assuming I set the opal east/west. That setting has 3 diamonds on each side, but I would cut it down to 2 on each side; it would just be too large otherwise. it would be just over .8ctw of diamonds on the sides, then the bezeled opal in the middle, then the satin finished yellow gold etcetcetc.

Pretty, right? I'll attach some photos of 'Merry' and if you can imagine the opal in the middle, give me your opinion on this whole idea? I wouldn't have a garland basket, nor the holly decal on the back, and only 2 side stones on each side - but the rest would be essentially the same. Your thought? Thanks @Catmom!

DKJPV_MSC--2.jpg

DKJPV_MSC--3.jpg

DKJPV_MSC--5.jpg

DKJPV_MSC-3.jpg

I think it would be gorgeous in that setting [with two diamonds on the sides]. I'm just not sure how the bezel would look. Are you going to keep the milgraining? Would the bezel be milgrained? I have to admit that I'm not a bezel person. The thought of double claw prongs makes my heart flutter...or maybe that's just my palps, lol. My opal is prong set and I really like being able to see the sides.

After thinking more about it, I could see a bezel with double milgraining like in my pendant. I could see that. That would be so cool!

DSC_0029.JPG

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be gorgeous in that setting [with two diamonds on the sides]. I'm just not sure how the bezel would look. Are you going to keep the milgraining? Would the bezel be milgrained? I have to admit that I'm not a bezel person. The thought of double claw prongs makes my heart flutter...or maybe that's just my palps, lol. My opal is prong set and I really like being able to see the sides.

After thinking more about it, I could see a bezel with double milgraining like in my pendant. I could see that. That would be so cool!

DSC_0029.JPG

Double milgraining?? Oh - HELLO! My only concern is that I've seen double milgraining go beautifully - and I've seen it come out huge and lumpy. This opal is 10.55 across; with a bezel I was allowing 11.5. Double milgraining - especially done badly - might prohibit side stones. And I *definitely* want 2 stones on each side; I want a 5-stone feel.

And...you have an opal?? I can't recall that! Got a link/photo that you can lay your hands on easily and share?

The idea of the bezel is to make it more band-like - so the rails of the side stones sort of join up with the center stone; I'm not after another e-ring here.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double milgraining?? Oh - HELLO! My only concern is that I've seen double milgraining go beautifully - and I've seen it come out huge and lumpy. This opal is 10.55 across; with a bezel I was allowing 11.5. Double milgraining - especially done badly - might prohibit side stones. And I *definitely* want 2 stones on each side; I want a 5-stone feel.

And...you have an opal?? I can't recall that! Got a link/photo that you can lay your hands on easily and share?

The idea of the bezel is to make it more band-like - so the rails of the side stones sort of join up with the center stone; I'm not after another e-ring here.
Well, I highly doubt DKJ would do a lumpy job but I do understand about the width factor. You're gonna need some bigger diamonds to get that 5 stone look. First world problems, lol. I do have an opal and another opal project in the works. I fell in love with an art deco opal pendant that my jeweler has but the opal doesn't match my ring stone so I'm having her find one that's closer to my ring. Here is the link to my ring...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opal-ring-of-my-dreams.231136/

And this is a really bad store pic of the pendant as it is today.
IMG_2985[1].jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring opal is a stunning, stunning stone! WOW!

And the opal in the pendant above is no slouch either! Originally, those were the colors I was looking for. I just LOVE that turquoise color; reminds me so strongly of the Whitsunday Islands - my favorite place in the world. Makes me homesick!

Whitsundays_a.jpg

Attachments

• Whitsundays_a.jpg
    Whitsundays_a.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 17

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring opal is a stunning, stunning stone! WOW!

And the opal in the pendant above is no slouch either! Originally, those were the colors I was looking for. I just LOVE that turquoise color; reminds me so strongly of the Whitsunday Islands - my favorite place in the world. Makes me homesick!

Whitsundays_a.jpg
Aww thanks mrs-b!! It is those colors almost exactly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results