clarity

New opal

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS opal @mrs-b!!! I can't wait to see the ring when it's finished!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @ILikeShiny!

And - good choice, @Catmom :) How do you ever choose between all your gorgeous colored gems?? Your sapphire ring is TDF! Is there a photo anywhere of all your colored gem rings together? That would be worth seeing!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @LisaRN @qubitasaurus @HotPozzum and @Sparkles88

In Australia, in the 60's 70's and 80's - and possibly before then also - we all grew up with opal. They were sold in every jewelry store and souvenir or gift shop. Most of them were boring and repetitive, and they were almost all set in the cheapest, most appalling settings. Opals were the one piece of jewelry an Australian teenager or young adult DIDN'T want to receive! My father, for example, gave my mother a lovely black opal for their 25th wedding anniversary, set into a rose gold ring. I remember saying to my mother, when we were alone, "But wouldn't you have preferred a diamond??" She sort of shrugged, and said "Don't say anything to your father!"

But with time comes wisdom, I suppose, and the nature of the market has changed a great deal. People are seeking out opals who would never have considered them 30 years ago, and they're being set in far better, more tasteful settings. It's great to see this Australian staple gain some prominence for their beauty. I feel really lucky to have this glorious orange beauty, and its orange and blue combo reflects the colors of the Australian outback. I love that combo, and think it's captivating. I'll be so proud to wear this, with all of its memories of home.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @ILikeShiny!

And - good choice, @Catmom :) How do you ever choose between all your gorgeous colored gems?? Your sapphire ring is TDF! Is there a photo anywhere of all your colored gem rings together? That would be worth seeing!

LOL, I color coordinate with whatever I'm wearing for the day. I think there might be an old photo floating around but I've sold some of them. I should do an update photo some time.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I color coordinate with whatever I'm wearing for the day. I think there might be an old photo floating around but I've sold some of them. I should do an update photo some time.

<checks her watch>

<taps foot>

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @ILikeShiny!

Okay, here is a shot of the ring section of my jewelry box. It makes every single ring look horrendous, lol. PS, please disregard the cat hair all over it. My cat was rubbing on it when I was trying to take a pic.

IMG_3268[1].jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here is a shot of the ring section of my jewelry box. It makes every single ring look horrendous, lol. PS, please disregard the cat hair all over it. My cat was rubbing on it when I was trying to take a pic.

"Every single ring look horrendous"?? Lady - seriously - what are you smoking?! I GASPED when I saw this! Is that a ruby solitaire, middle right, or something else? Spinel? And - is that your original e-ring, bottom left? :) I LOVE that pearl ring! All your blues are magnificent, and of course your ruby ring is TDF. And then there's your yellows... :love:

Wonderful collection, @Catmom! And I don't think I've seen that 5 stone before! So pretty! And that sapphire top left is Just. Un. Real.

Thank you for sharing all of these - it was a treat! :wavey:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Every single ring look horrendous"?? Lady - seriously - what are you smoking?! I GASPED when I saw this! Is that a ruby solitaire, middle right, or something else? Spinel? And - is that your original e-ring, bottom left? :) I LOVE that pearl ring! All your blues are magnificent, and of course your ruby ring is TDF. And then there's your yellows... :love:

Wonderful collection, @Catmom! And I don't think I've seen that 5 stone before! So pretty! And that sapphire top left is Just. Un. Real.

Thank you for sharing all of these - it was a treat! :wavey:

Thanks mrs-b! That is a vintage ruby ring I purchased at an antique store years ago. No idea if it's real or not but I loved the setting so bought it. The lavender/pink with yellow halo is a spinel. Yes, that is my original ER and wedding ring. The diamond was my husband's grandmother's stone.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_3268[1].jpg
Gorgeous rings! What is the blue beauty in the middle of the top row?:love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings! What is the blue beauty in the middle of the top row?:love:
Thanks MrsKMB! That's a blue zircon.

mrs-b, when do you get your opal?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - I'm not sure. I've got it on layaway because I don't intend to set it any time soon. I'm currently doing a solitaire, 2 new pairs of earrings, and re-setting 2 pairs of earrings - all ahead of this ring. So it makes no difference to me if it sits with the store for a while. It's also currently in Australia, and I HATE shipping gems/jewelry. I have a friend coming over, end June, so she will probably bring it with her. I put a 50% deposit on it, but have been thinking I'd just pay it off and have it sent to my friend. Either way, if it sits at the store or sits with my friend till she comes over - it will be about 3 months till I get it.

Re-setting probably won't happen till Christmas at the earliest. I am seriously in no rush, and I get 'project-ed out' when I do a bunch in a row. I've done a bunch over the last year, and the end is in sight - but this one is the very last on the list.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. "Re-setting won't happen till Christmas at the earliest"? Oy - what was I thinking?

Here are the final CADs:

44104-QUAD.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. "Re-setting won't happen till Christmas at the earliest"? Oy - what was I thinking?

Here are the final CADs:

44104-QUAD.jpg

Talk about the waiting game. :confused2: Love the look of this ring. It’s going to be gorgeous! :D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here are the final CADs:

44104-QUAD.jpg

Hahaha, I knew it. Can't wait to see it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, I knew it. Can't wait to see it!

Lol - I know! And I even had the opal shipped over - which is a thing I truly hate! I have a bunch of jobs with DKJ right now, so I'm not sure which order they're doing them in, but I'm thinking 4 weeks should see it with me. I might be being optimistic, but it won't be mcuh longer than that.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about the waiting game. :confused2: Love the look of this ring. It’s going to be gorgeous! :D

I am so not good at delayed gratification. Once I've decided I'm going to do a thing, I normally get from there to "well, get on with it!" pretty promptly. :)

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ahhh @mrs-b that opal reminds me of a firey summer sunrise, I love it! Considering how rainy is been here it really was a beautiful ray of sunshine to start my day. And the setting looks absolutely stunning!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh @mrs-b that opal reminds me of a firey summer sunrise, I love it! Considering how rainy is been here it really was a beautiful ray of sunshine to start my day. And the setting looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks, @metall! It's a departure from the norm for me, so I'm really looking forward to getting it!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa Catmom! You have a gorgeous ring collection!! Do they all get playtime? Do you have favorites?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa Catmom! You have a gorgeous ring collection!! Do they all get playtime? Do you have favorites?

Thank you so much chatoyancy! I must admit they don't all get a lot of play time. As I'm getting older the smaller ones have gotten replaced by the larger ones. Maybe because I'm so old I need larger ones to be able to see them, lol.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much chatoyancy! I must admit they don't all get a lot of play time. As I'm getting older the smaller ones have gotten replaced by the larger ones. Maybe because I'm so old I need larger ones to be able to see them, lol.
You’re welcome! I agree. You defininitely want to see what you are wearing. I’ll have to think about that as my bifocal prescription gets stronger.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd get stuck rotating between your yellow diamond e-ring, your new ruby and diamond ring, your opal, and that herking great sapphire in the top left corner. I'd never get past those 4. Frankly, I don't think I'd even try. <3

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd get stuck rotating between your yellow diamond e-ring, your new ruby and diamond ring, your opal, and that herking great sapphire in the top left corner. I'd never get past those 4. Frankly, I don't think I'd even try. <3

Well, the yellow diamond ER is a given on any day, the right hand rotates pretty much depending upon what I am wearing that day. Hahahaha.....herking great sapphire. Love it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! So glad we do not have to wait until Christmas whahahaha.
Looking forward to see the result: the cad looks great. What metal and metal colour are you going for?
Are your solitaire and Earring projects with coloured stones or with diamonds?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_3268[1].jpg
Your collection is gorgeous. All your pieces have such a royal quality and elegance. Thanks for allowing us to take a peek in your jewelry box!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! So glad we do not have to wait until Christmas whahahaha.
Looking forward to see the result: the cad looks great. What metal and metal colour are you going for?
Are your solitaire and Earring projects with coloured stones or with diamonds?

Thanks, @Acinom! All yellow gold for the opal.

The solitaire is a 4ct ACA, and the earrings are diamond clusters, set in platinum, 4.64ctw.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Acinom! All yellow gold for the opal.

The solitaire is a 4ct ACA, and the earrings are diamond clusters, set in platinum, 4.64ctw.
Such luxurious projects!!!
And I love YG for your stunning opal. My opal is also set in YG and I love the warmth.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results