shape
carat
color
clarity

New opal settings

Discussion in 'Colored Gemstones' started by Gale, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. Gale
    Shiny_Rock

by Gale » Jun 29, 2006
    These two opals are being set for my wedding. The white gold one is for me, and the yellow gold is a gift for my best friend who happens to have a thing for dragons. Both are 18K, and are being made by a wonderful custom jeweller, Pawel. Sorry for the blurry photo on the yellow gold one - it''s the best I have at the moment. The pieces are not quite finished yet - there remains some polishing on the white one and neither stone is set in. The opals really are much nicer than they appear in the photos as well.

PawelOpal1.jpg

2. Gale
    Shiny_Rock

by Gale » Jun 29, 2006
    The second one...

PawelOpal2.jpg

3. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Jun 29, 2006
    HI:

Gale!! Well done--they are wonderful opals in wonderful settings. Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

4. movie zombie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by movie zombie » Jun 29, 2006
    i love the simplicity of both settings....and despite the blur, the quality of workmanship shows. very very nice!

movie zombie

5. Gale
    Shiny_Rock

by Gale » Jun 29, 2006
    Thank you very much for the nice comments Sharon and Movie-zombie. I forgot to mention that both pieces are pendants. The white gold one will have an attached chain, and the yellow gold one will have a chain that goes through the top of the leg, for lack of better wording. Now that the pics are posted, I see my grubby finger prints all over the white one.

6. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Jun 29, 2006
    HI:

Gale, opals are such magical jewels....these photograph very well, but F2F, I''ll bet they are firecrackers....[​IMG]

cheers--Sharon

7. portoar
    Brilliant_Rock

by portoar » Jun 30, 2006
    These are very pretty! I love the simplicity. Would love to see more pics when they are finished!

8. Linda W
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Linda W » Jun 30, 2006
    Beautiful Opals. Please post more pictures when they are completed.

Linda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.