shape
carat
color
clarity

New Mokume bands arrived :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 7:13:01 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Thanks Suzy!
My uncle LOVES them. He collects antique swords, including some gorgeous damask steel katana swords that were forged with mokume-type techniques. I used to have pictures...can''t find them now, but they were amazing!! So he''s a big fan of my mokume bands :) Wouldn''t be surprised if next time I see him he has one himself!
Yes, I am a big fan too. I''ve been trying to get my dear husband to get one, but he''s just a "plain gold band" kinda guy. I really liked the three colored metals forged together (white, yellow and copper colors). Sunset, I think the combo was called, anyway, I think Mokume''s are fabulous!

It will be fun for you to explain the craft and history behind your rings to people who normally would never have a chance to see anything like them. I''m sure you will get many questions through the years and plenty of chances to tell the "story" behind the ring.

Again, those are really beautiful rings!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the photos. The seam is really barely noticeable. Fantastic work!

I want a mokume band for a rhr, but I have other projects on the list right now. I hate having to prioritize.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 9:29:14 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Thank you for the photos. The seam is really barely noticeable. Fantastic work!

I want a mokume band for a rhr, but I have other projects on the list right now. I hate having to prioritize.

Haha...I can sympathize. I just got my malaya ring done, still waiting on my setting for the pad sapphire, and right now I''m thinking of treating myself to a Barry or Dan gemstone for surviving first year of med school..hehe. So many pretties, so little money!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME....VERY UNIQUE!!!
36.gif

Lori

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh beautiful ring set
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great! I love mokume rings.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
They are so cool, MTG!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
Very original, I love them .

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!
I''m seeing the mokume bands featured more and more in various magazines, hopefully they won''t become TOO common, hehe.

I want to wear it now as a RHR stacked with my diamond semi-eternity band, but my fiance won''t let me, lol. So I"ll have to be good...
It''s funny, I actually was thinking about putting the E-ring away and just wearing the two bands for everyday wear (the diamond catches on the latex gloves I wear for labs sometimes), but the fiance gave me sad puppy eyes when I mentioned it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results