shape
carat
color
clarity

New Mahenge Spinel Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 10:06:58 PM
Author: Cind11
The color of that stone is just GORGEOUS! Two great rings!!!
Thank you, Cindy! I''m going to enjoy wearing both of them.
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow that stone glows and it looks great on your hand!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 10:25:37 PM
Author: innerkitten
Wow that stone glows and it looks great on your hand!
Thank you, innerkitten.
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a little glowing raspberry! I would like one of those mehenge stones one day, they are really special.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
That beauty would look great in anything, but I have to say you really did good with the setting choice
36.gif
I''m usually not a fan of premade settings, but this one really suits the stone.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 1:06:31 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
It looks like a little glowing raspberry! I would like one of those mehenge stones one day, they are really special.
Thank you, dreamer! I hope you get a Mahenge soon, too. They are gorgeous.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 4:58:06 AM
Author: ma re
That beauty would look great in anything, but I have to say you really did good with the setting choice
36.gif
I''m usually not a fan of premade settings, but this one really suits the stone.
Thank you, ma re. You are such a dear to say the setting suits the stone. I''m not a fan of premade settings either. I asked DH what he thought of my new ring, and he said it looked like cheap costume jewelry!
6.gif
I really debated going this route with such a pretty stone, but decided it would be best to get it set sooner, rather than later. If and when my ship comes in, the Mahenge would certainly be on the short list for an upgrade!
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Pretty ring against cool backdrops! Love the pics!

cheers--Sharon

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and ring! I love the raspberry shots.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 12:10:28 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Thank you, ma re. You are such a dear to say the setting suits the stone. I''m not a fan of premade settings either. I asked DH what he thought of my new ring, and he said it looked like cheap costume jewelry!
6.gif
I really debated going this route with such a pretty stone, but decided it would be best to get it set sooner, rather than later. If and when my ship comes in, the Mahenge would certainly be on the short list for an upgrade!
2.gif
My DH doesn''t mince words either, and it''s kinda funny when he doesn''t like something that I do, lol. Seriously, though, your photos of the spinel are gorgeous, and they sent me trotting off to get mine out of the box. I swear, those Mahenge''s are so photogenic! And you''re right, you can enjoy that beauty on your finger right now, but the option to reset is always there. Did you consider any other gold colors for yours? Just curious, because I''m still debating.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and brilliant placement of the prongs to hide the inclusion! You''d never know it was there. Your spinel looks lovely and glowy - not sure that''s a word but you know what I mean!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a lovely ring! The cut on the spinel is really awesome!
36.gif

-A

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I LOVE it, gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Sharon, Kismet, Arcadian and Skippy!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 3:08:47 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 12/20/2009 12:10:28 PM
Author: Fly Girl
6.gif
2.gif
My DH doesn''t mince words either, and it''s kinda funny when he doesn''t like something that I do, lol. Seriously, though, your photos of the spinel are gorgeous, and they sent me trotting off to get mine out of the box. I swear, those Mahenge''s are so photogenic! And you''re right, you can enjoy that beauty on your finger right now, but the option to reset is always there. Did you consider any other gold colors for yours? Just curious, because I''m still debating.
Hi cellentani - I know what DH means. The ring style isn''t my usual. I generally go for more sleeker and modern looks.

I really felt that white gold was best for this hot pink color. I always put my rubies in yellow gold, and I''ve put red garnets in yellow, rose and white golds. It really depends on the shade of red. I love yellow gold with my reds and purples and deep greens, but I felt the Mahenge would pop better against a white background. This particular LOGR had the prongs in the right spots, and provided a nice backdrop for Gene''s cut. I was sure that I didn''t want to bezel this stone. I often prefer solitaires, but I wanted something around this one. It works and the price was right.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 3:09:38 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Very pretty and brilliant placement of the prongs to hide the inclusion! You''d never know it was there. Your spinel looks lovely and glowy - not sure that''s a word but you know what I mean!
Thank you, LD. Yes, you can still see some of the white inclusion around the black spot, but the black spot is gone. When I picked up the ring, I asked my jeweler if "the Ugly was gone?". He looks all surprised, "What Ugly??" and then smiles. I really appreciate what a good jeweler can do. Other than that, it is a gorgeous stone. I''m lucky that Gene was disgusted with the spot and put it up on his site at regular spinel prices.
9.gif
Most of the Mahenge spinels were private sales and never made his site and I wasn''t on the list to get one by that route.

I hope the pictures were worth the wait.
1.gif
I was able to take a lot more pictures yesterday. And, I hope everyone who has a Mahenge will post lots of photos. I''m a real fan of these stones, and can''t get enough.
3.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I love those raspberry shots! What an amazing color! And I want to ditto LD, the placement of the prong is incredibly well done!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Looks expensive and classy.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone! I love the color and the cut, and the inclusion fails to detract from its beauty. And the setting is perfect - there''s just something about a colored stone surrounded by diamond baguettes.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Novel, crasru, and Kim Bruun.

I wore the ring to work today, and I am amazed by this spinel. It looks great in every light. I remember being disappointed in how spinel often looked bad in some lighting situations, or would grey out. But these Mahenge, WOW, they truly are exceptionally beautiful stones.
1.gif
My stone is small, but such a vibrant pop of color. I''m loving it!
3.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Love them, especially the spinel

More beautiful additions to an already lovely collection

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Your spinel ring is really lovely and I enjoyed your interesting photos too. Your Chrissy decorations are cute too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Ltlfirecracker and klewis!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
WOW - that stone is absolutely breathtaking - lovely piece!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning color!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Lori

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, AmberGretchen, B.E.G, and Lori.

And, a very Merry Christmas to Everyone!
35.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
The colour of the spinel is amzing, it''s looks fantastic
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2009 2:56:41 AM
Author: bling addict
The colour of the spinel is amzing, it''s looks fantastic
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you, bling addict!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results