shape
carat
color
clarity

New Longines watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started a thread about Longines watches and actually found some on Saturday! This is a belated Mother's Day present. I bought two because I got a great price!

Here is the BelleArti (Mother-of-pearl dial and diamond bezel, gray silk strap)
I will probably order the metal bracelet for this one.

watches_004.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Longines Dolce Vita (MOP dial and diamond markers)

LonginesDolceVita1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
DS, I LOVE both of them. Now you have dressy and everyday watches. love the pic of your watch with your wedding set and flowers!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats DS !!! 2 in one day
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great watched, DS!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone! I do have one funny story that only PSer''s can appreciate. Those flowers were for Mother''s Day, and I thought that since I had never done any flower shots with my rings, I try a couple since I had the camera out. So I sat my rings on the big yellow flower and took a picture. Then I got the bright idea that I''d sit the watch on that big yellow flower. Well, I did, and the watch proceeded to fall into the vase!
23.gif
I could see that it hadn''t fallen into the water, so I stuck my hand down into the vase to try to rescue the watch. I was barely able to get my fingernail on part of it, but then it slipped right down to the bottom!!!
6.gif
So I stuck may hand all the way down and pulled it out and immediately rinsed it with water!!! Thank goodness it is supposed to be water resistant. That was a scary feeling, though!!! So no more flower shots with watches!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE them. One is great for day and the other for night. Get a black satin strap if you can for the first one, it is a stunner.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 7:44:39 PM
Author: diamondfan
I LOVE them. One is great for day and the other for night. Get a black satin strap if you can for the first one, it is a stunner.
Thanks, Caroline! I really wish it has the black satin instead of the gray silk, but that was the only one they had left. But I can definitely order the other bands the next time I go visit my parents. I still hope to eventually get one great watch like a Rolex, but I want to take my time to be sure what I want. Too bad this jeweler didn''t sell Rolex!!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both, you are a lucky lady!

That is a cute story about the watch falling into the vase...yikes!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH DS, I love them both. They are gorgeous, you lucky lady you!!!! Enjoy them!!
30.gif
30.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, they're both gorgeous. I especially lust after the Dolce Vita.
30.gif
I adore Roman numerals and classic tank styles.

ETA: Doh! You didn't get the roman numerals one, but my eyes are bad, sorry! I personally have been considering the tank stainless one without diamonds, *with* roman numerals. I don't know though, which face colour looks better: white or ivory?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Two new watches?!!
6.gif
Lucky you diamondseeker! I love them both, but prefer the second one a tad bit more, probably because I''m a metal bracelet kinda gal. Are you planning on wearing the metal one daily and the silk strap one for more dressup occasions?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Dana and Lisa!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS that DV looks a lot like the Baume Mercier Hampton to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 8:15:34 PM
Author: lyra
DS, they''re both gorgeous. I especially lust after the Dolce Vita.
30.gif
I adore Roman numerals and classic tank styles.

ETA: Doh! You didn''t get the roman numerals one, but my eyes are bad, sorry! I personally have been considering the tank stainless one without diamonds, *with* roman numerals. I don''t know though, which face colour looks better: white or ivory?
I adore Roman numeral ones, too. They just didn''t have the regular size Dolce Vita with roman numerals. But I loved the MOP and diamond markers, too. I have my eye on the small Evidenza with roman numerals, though!

http://www.worldlux.com/cgi-bin/navigate.cgi?brand=LONG&model=Evidenza%20Diamond%20Mini%20Roman&dept=WATCH

I am kind of crazy, because I''d like to have one of their watches in every shape almost! I really have always wanted one with roman numerals because it reminds me of Cartier. Most of these have ivory with the roman numerals.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 10:20:56 PM
Author: diamondfan
PS that DV looks a lot like the Baume Mercier Hampton to me.
I seriously tried on the Hampton! I was undecided, and my daughter came in and I tried on both and asked her which she liked the best. She chose the Longines DV (and I didn''t tell her the prices). The Hampton I tried was a little smaller than the DV. They were almost exactly alike but the B&M cost a little more. Both really pretty, though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 10:14:09 PM
Author: CareBear
Two new watches?!!
6.gif
Lucky you diamondseeker! I love them both, but prefer the second one a tad bit more, probably because I''m a metal bracelet kinda gal. Are you planning on wearing the metal one daily and the silk strap one for more dressup occasions?
Yes, the DV is for everyday. The other is a little more dressy with the diamonds on the bezel. I''ll either get the black satin strap or the metal band for the BelleArti.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is reminiscent of it, the shape and the little circle on the lower part of the face!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, those are great watches! I really like them both! I actually like the grey silk strap, but I''m sure it''s harder to wear than a metal band is. They both look great on you! Wear them in good health and happy Mother''s Day!

P.S. Yikes about the vase!
23.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I looked at them again and you''re really making me want the first one! Wow...it''s so vintagey looking. I just LOVE it. Yum! I''m off to scour the internet to ogle Longines watches!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous DS, congrats on two fabulous choices!!!
30.gif
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful watches, I love Longines, and those are fab choices! Enjoy!!
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
DS - Your watches are so beautiful and the DV looks so nice on your wrist. When i was watch shopping last year, I really liked the DV style you selected, but was not sure how it would look IRL. The BelleArti is also so pretty and I cannot wait to see pictures of that one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2008 12:39:11 AM
Author: thing2of2
Okay I looked at them again and you''re really making me want the first one! Wow...it''s so vintagey looking. I just LOVE it. Yum! I''m off to scour the internet to ogle Longines watches!
Thanks! I just found that BelleArti the night before and loved it! I hadn''t seen anything else with a vintage feel to it in the better watches. I wanted something that would look complimentary to the Legacy wedding band which has milgrain. I''ll keep the gray silk strap for awhile. It is pretty and I may as well get some wear out of it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei, Monnie, and Omie!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!!! I LOVE the BelleArti! I haven't seen that one before. MUST HAVE IT. Seriously, that may be my next watch when I can afford it! It's just perfect!! And of course the Dolche Vita is just the perfect everyday watch. Handsome and classic and versitile. And it's actually very slim nad delicate too! Looks PERFECT on your wrist. Can we get a wrist shot of the Belle?

Happy belated Mother's Day! Wear them in the best of health... and in love and laughter!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2008 7:50:17 PM
Author: Gypsy
OH WOW!!! I LOVE the BelleArti! I haven''t seen that one before. MUST HAVE IT. Seriously, that may be my next watch when I can afford it! It''s just perfect!! And of course the Dolche Vita is just the perfect everyday watch. Handsome and classic and versitile. And it''s actually very slim nad delicate too! Looks PERFECT on your wrist. Can we get a wrist shot of the Belle?

Happy belated Mother''s Day! Wear them in the best of health... and in love and laughter!
Thanks, Gypsy! I remembered we had similar taste in watches! I had been indecisive for months, and all of a sudden, I found the BelleArti on the Longines site Friday night! I knew right then that I LOVED it! So the next morning I called and found the closest dealer, and she happened to mention they were going out of business and had everything marked down! So I got dressed and went there immediately!!! I got the regular size DV, but the BA is the smaller version. I''ll go look up the serial number so you have a reference point for the size. I''ll try to get a wrist shot. Might be too dark right now, though. (They only had one BA, and that is why I have the one with the gray silk strap. But I can order a metal or black satin strap for it.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results