shape
carat
color
clarity

New leuco garnet

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've been pretty quiet in the past few years due to work taking over my life, but I haven't entirely given up shinies!

I still love garnets and recently acquired a new leuco garnet, it's even more colorless than my leuco asscher. The sparkle is impressive.

Info from cutter (Dan stair)
STONE: Leuco Grossular Garnet
CUT: Barion Arrowhead
TOTAL WEIGHT: .94 Cts.
DIMENSIONS: 7.36 x 6.37mm
ORIGIN: Tanzania
TREATMENT: None

YOutube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2GICnF4nFk&authuser=0

However the shape is so odd! I love it but could really use some help with design ideas or inspiration pics! Side stones? Gold color?

Will try take some pics when I have time. Sorry for the bad iphone one but just using it for size reference!

_37122.jpg

leuco.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the shape! To me, it begs to be a pendant but I am sure it would make a stunning ring as well.

Its lines have an air of Art Deco about them, so I would use that as inspiration - thinking Chrysler building, for example.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I've learned about myself and pendants is that I'm too lazy to take them on and off lol. Rings for me !

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wise is the woman who knows herself (and her gems). :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the shape and facet pattern!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like the shape and the cutting, thanks of sharing.

DK :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gemstone is really beautiful. Stunning cut.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the kind words!
Seriously though I need help! I don't even know where to look for inspiration pics. Maybe looking at marquis ring designs? Sort of a similar shape right?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a shield or trilliant in a pinch?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Superman symbol? Will it look good in yellow gold?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1462646516|4028681 said:
I love the shape! To me, it begs to be a pendant but I am sure it would make a stunning ring as well.

Its lines have an air of Art Deco about them, so I would use that as inspiration - thinking Chrysler building, for example.

This shape makes me think of Arwen's pendant (from LOTR) , the Evenstar, so amazing. :love:
Congrats, MakingTheGrade, you have such a beautiful gem!

S

SparkliesLuver

What a unique and lovely shape! :) Personally, I'd stick with a thin bezel or mico halo of brads or colored stones or whatever you're drawn to. I'd probably shy away from diamonds or something colorless because I wouldn't want it to take away from the center stone. And I don't think I'd do side stones because I'd want to emphasize (and focus on) the shape of the stone. But that's all just my two cents. :) Can't wait to see how you end up setting it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone. The shape is amazing. Looking forward to see it set.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE this stone -- the cut is so awesome. I love shield-type shapes and I think this one is so interesting. I agree with SparkliesLuver that I would stay way from diamond side stones. Other than that I'm totally worthless for any other suggestions for how to set it though. I would think I'd want to keep the setting simple to focus on the unique shape and cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think shield or bullet sidestones will be the perfect pair but diamonds may not be right match up.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, maybe shield shapes in the gold working? I imagine shield side stones in colored stones might be tricky...lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, maybe shield shapes in the gold working? I imagine shield side stones in colored stones might be tricky...lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
posting some more pics cause i LOVE the cut

fullsizerender__2_12.jpg

fullsizerender__3_8.jpg

_37161.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results