shape
carat
color
clarity

New Leon Mege Three Stone Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
That''s sheer perfection! Congratulations on your beautiful ring!
30.gif
30.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
That ring is magical! The side stones are perfect. Congrats.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a great ring. I love radiants. It looks beautiful on your hand.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring!!! Congratulations on your engagement!

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
wow
23.gif
that is stunning!
30.gif
it''s gorgeous! congrats!!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That. Is. FANTASTIC. Those side stones just suck you right into your center stone. Stunning!!!
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
beautiful, gorgeous ring
Leon''s work is awesome!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
FABULOUS!

The sidestones are sheer perfection.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
This is definitely my new favorite ring. It''s beautiful!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the combination of the center and side stones!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is magnificent! Congratulations!!
36.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice. This is one ring design that I would love to have. Photo goes to my folder for drooling everyday. (I keep a folder of most beautifyl jewelry, so I can look at the contents from time to time.)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your new 3 stone. Those sidestones look GREAT with your center stone. Congrats!!
9.gif

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
B-auuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-tiful! proportion''s great! huge on you... and love them side stones... i think it''ll look perfect with leon''s pave eternity band...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LAradiant

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/28/2010 5:16:19 PM
Author: acebruin
B-auuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-tiful! proportion''s great! huge on you... and love them side stones... i think it''ll look perfect with leon''s pave eternity band...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love yours, acebruin, it''s so so so unique! Do you have the eternity band?

LAradiant

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/26/2010 9:35:41 PM
Author: bebe
beautiful, gorgeous ring
Leon''s work is awesome!
I L-O-V-E your leon, Bebe! I love the look of mixing the step and brilliant cuts!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS ring and stone - I can see why you are so thrilled with how it turned out!!
36.gif
36.gif

niki_trips

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! The setting is just perfect and so unique with the side stones! Wear it in good health
2.gif

hundredwaters

Rough_Rock
This is quite a nice ring... You are a lucky lady!!!

I am just starting to look for a ring for my girlfriend/possible future fiancee and was fairly set on a 2.0-2.4 carat old mine cushion with the Leon Mege solitaire setting. However - I think I like this better - looks unique (and bigger!). However, does this sparkle as much as the old mine? I looked at a Radiant diamond offered on Good Old Gold and one of the spectral analysis pictures has a lot of green (vs. red), which my understanding means it''s less brilliant, although I dont think I understand the analysis particularly well. This may have to do with the cut of that particular diamond however...

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether this a nicer/more unusual ring than the increasingly popular Old Mine Brilliant Mege solitaire? Ladies opinions are greatly appreciated. Also - it appears that the Radiant diamonds are a bit cheaper for the same size (2.0-2.4 carats) vs. a modern recreation of the antique Old Mine cut. I showed this ring to a male friend of mine and he said... "looks too big... a little gaudy"... that''s certainly not my impression... Is that just a man trying to justify not having spent more money on his wife''s ring or does it strike some people that way?

Also - if I got this ring made I would request Leon to have a band that is flat on the sides and has a center ridge going along it (basically if you were to cut the band and look at the a profile it would look the prototypical picture of a peaked two-story house that kids always draw...). Any thoughts if Leon would be open to this and if it would look good with this setting. The thought is that I would continue the line in the middle stone and side stones in the ring...

Where does one find "cadillac diamonds"? I can''t seem to find them...?

thanks!!!

LAradiant

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/6/2010 4:38:31 PM
Author: hundredwaters
This is quite a nice ring... You are a lucky lady!!!

I am just starting to look for a ring for my girlfriend/possible future fiancee and was fairly set on a 2.0-2.4 carat old mine cushion with the Leon Mege solitaire setting. However - I think I like this better - looks unique (and bigger!). However, does this sparkle as much as the old mine? I looked at a Radiant diamond offered on Good Old Gold and one of the spectral analysis pictures has a lot of green (vs. red), which my understanding means it''s less brilliant, although I dont think I understand the analysis particularly well. This may have to do with the cut of that particular diamond however...

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether this a nicer/more unusual ring than the increasingly popular Old Mine Brilliant Mege solitaire? Ladies opinions are greatly appreciated. Also - it appears that the Radiant diamonds are a bit cheaper for the same size (2.0-2.4 carats) vs. a modern recreation of the antique Old Mine cut. I showed this ring to a male friend of mine and he said... ''looks too big... a little gaudy''... that''s certainly not my impression... Is that just a man trying to justify not having spent more money on his wife''s ring or does it strike some people that way?

Also - if I got this ring made I would request Leon to have a band that is flat on the sides and has a center ridge going along it (basically if you were to cut the band and look at the a profile it would look the prototypical picture of a peaked two-story house that kids always draw...). Any thoughts if Leon would be open to this and if it would look good with this setting. The thought is that I would continue the line in the middle stone and side stones in the ring...

Where does one find ''cadillac diamonds''? I can''t seem to find them...?

thanks!!!

Thanks so much for the compliment! You can''t go wrong with getting your future fiance a Leon! I don''t know much about old mine cushions so I don''t want to give you wrong advice. In terms of radiants there are a ton of really bad ones out there. My husband looked a ton online and said that it wasn''t until he had 10 or so stones actually in front of him that he was able to find the one. My radiant has a ton of fire, more than a lot of round brilliants I''ve seen it next to. It also sparkles like mad in the dark, which I love. I don''t know anything about the price difference b/w a radiant and cushion. Have you seen Boston Jeff''s leon cushion? It''s a gorgeous ring and the solitaire is very timeless. It''s all relative on what you and your GF like, solitaire vs. 3 stone. As someone that had more of a solitaire type setting before and went to a 3 stone, I do love the finger coverage and the sidestones don''t detract from my center stone at all, they actually make it pop more. Before my reset, my ring was a thin pave band with just the solitaire (not done by Leon) and now my stone doesn''t even look the same as it used to. I think that can be attributed to Leon''s amazing work. As he says, the setting is like clothes for your diamond. You wouldn''t wear a poorly tailored expensive suit so why would you put an expensive stone in a poorly tailored setting?

If I hadn''t met with Leon face to face I would have probably just submit the work order over the phone/online and had a 3 stone with tapered baguettes which is what I was adamant I wanted. So meeting with him helped a lot because I think he was able to get a feel for both my husband and he didn''t think I seemed like the tapered baguette type (really, he said that). And at the end of our meeting he said he was surprised that I went with the Cadi''s because I seemed so sure that I wanted the baguettes when we first started talking. When he showed me the cadillac cuts, and I had the 3 stones loose, I just really liked the way they looked and so did my husband (who has never been a fan of 3 stone rings). He told Leon he just didn''t want my ring to look like a big shiny mess and it doesn''t :) I also don''t think it looks gaudy at all, but again, that is all relative to people''s own opinions - everyone has different tastes!

When I was anxiously waiting for the return of my ring, I started looking into the cadillac cut since I didn''t know anything about it. I was a little nervous especially since it was never something I specifically wanted and there I was getting sidestones that I had never even heard of. This was a link I found about them:
http://www.israelidiamond.co.il/English/news.aspx?boneId=1319&objid=1856
Also, the only other ring I could find that used cadillac cuts is the Tacori 2628 and there are a few of them here on Pricescope.

I''m not quite understanding what you mean about the band and how you''d want it to be designed, but Leon is definitely open to anything. He will give you his opinion though, and the answer could be "absolutely not." He is strong minded, but very knowledgeable and I respect people that are experts at their craft.

I really hope this helps you, and if you have any other questions don''t hesitate to ask!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, this is stunning. I love how the smaller stones make it look like the ring just seems to grow out of the bands. So nicely proportioned. I''ve always preferred the curvy shapes like rounds and ovals, but this just might convert me!

ooohdiamonds

Rough_Rock
AMAZING!
30.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

congratulations on your Leon masterpiece! it''s just incredible and love, love, LOVE those cadillac cuts. to be honest, i''ve never seen them before so thank you for sharing. enjoy that beauty!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LA- I love your ring!!!! I love those cadillac cuts! I thought only tacori could get them! What a find! Your ring is beautiful! I was just going to do like you were planning, and send Leon a work
order as well, but after hearing your story, DH and I may just have to fly out to NY and meet with him.

Your ring is stunning, congratulations! Wear it in the best of health and happiness. Thanks for sharing it with us. Can''t wait to see the band with it! Aren''t those tiny bands amazing? LOOOOVE THEM!

LAradiant

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/24/2010 9:23:47 AM
Author: luv2sparkle
LA- I love your ring!!!! I love those cadillac cuts! I thought only tacori could get them! What a find! Your ring is beautiful! I was just going to do like you were planning, and send Leon a work
order as well, but after hearing your story, DH and I may just have to fly out to NY and meet with him.

Your ring is stunning, congratulations! Wear it in the best of health and happiness. Thanks for sharing it with us. Can''t wait to see the band with it! Aren''t those tiny bands amazing? LOOOOVE THEM!
Thanks, luv2sparkle! I DEFINITELY recommend going to NY to meet with him. I would have ended up with a different ring if I hadn''t. I''m sure I would have loved it, but I''m glad I got to see him sketch options and we got to look through various stones in person! I had never even heard of a cadillac stone before going in there. I can''t wait to have a tiny Leon band!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
amazing! Leon is such an artist - I am soo envious :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results