shape
carat
color
clarity

New Kitten!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend found her!!!! She was in the bookcase behind all the books (where I DID check this morning, but apparently she was further over? or further back? not sure). He managed to lure her out with some food and she ate half a can of food!!!! (The first she''s eaten since she''s been with us) So we''re very excited to have, you know, located her.
1.gif
And that she''s okay and everything, and starting to feel a little bit more comfortable maybe?

If she goes back into hiding again for this long though, we might try the keeping her in one room for a while suggestion, because that does sound like a great idea.

In the meantime, here are a few pics my boyfriend just took on his cameraphone!
9.gif

albi_bookcase.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
and one more! SO CUTE!!
9.gif

albi_hiding.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you found her. Look at that face she is just precious. I bet she would be more comfortable in a confined space until she gets used to things.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a little darling, bless her!! She will settle in just fine, that is good that she came out and had a meal, excellent progress - sometimes it can take a little while, but use the confinement method if she makes a habit of hiding.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
She is SO darling!!!!! I would go ahead and not wait to confine her...she seems to need to feel safe and the confined space will provide this for her...I''m so glad you found her and that she is eating! That is a great sign!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
She''s so adorable!
30.gif
I''m so glad you found her! Please post more pics of that cutie when you get the chance!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW Achio( sorry quick hijack Albi
31.gif
) how are BB and Smokey doing?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 2:17:53 PM
Author: Lorelei
BTW Achio( sorry quick hijack Albi
31.gif
) how are BB and Smokey doing?

They''re doing fine...getting along "better" but that''s relative....BB broke one of the ornaments off the tree last night...I heard a "light bulb" pop and realized it was an ornament...I ran to see what happened and there was BB looking "innocently" at the broken glass!!!
19.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOPTH! Wasn''t me Mommy honestly........
31.gif
My tree is looking rather sad, depleted and lacklustre now, thanks to my kitty monsters taking the ornaments for their own personal use, and it isn''t even Christmas yet
39.gif
Glad to hear they are doing ok Achio!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, I was worried about Albi and our tree, but so far, seeing as she''s been hiding the whole time, she hasn''t realized what fun it could be. Luckily, we just have plastic ball ornaments (which surprisingly look very classy) and when I dropped one the other day it just bounced right back up. So they really would make good kitten toys if she does get it into her head to try it.
4.gif

My cats growing up always used to go crazy with ornaments though, so we had all the nice pretty classy ornaments on the top half of the tree and the little paper ones that my brother and I made in school on the bottom. They somehow always managed to knock down a few of the good ones too though.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Albi, I think I can pretty much guarantee you she WILL get it in her head to try playing with the ornaments!
9.gif
I also bought plastic ornaments this year for kitty safety as I cannot keep them on the tree and they love them!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve been finding lights on the ground....beaded garland on the ground....BB is QUITE the instigator....we never had these problems when it was Sasha and Smokey!!!
19.gif

On a different note, DH became sad when we put up the tree as he saw a lot of the ornaments of past years of our "family," which included Sasha. So this year, I ran out and bought our new yearly ornament and made sure BB''s name was on it so we could show off our "new" family!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
40.gif
I''m soooooo jealous - my boyfriend just got Albi to purr for the first time!!! She was under the sofa so he was just kind of reaching his arm back there and petting her and she rolled over on her back and let him rub her tummy and she started purring!!! And then batting playfully at his fingers!!!! IIIII wanna bond with the kitten!!!!!
7.gif

But it is actually good that she''s getting more comfortable, even though I''m not there to be a part of it...so hopefully she''ll be feeling confident enough by the time I get home that she''s not super scared of me?? I just have to keep reminding myself it''s all good for her, and not get toooo jealous that I''m missing out...
7.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Pearcrazy/Albi, both your kittys are adorable.

Albi, have fun with your new little furball!!! Cats are so entertaining at times....other times, they just sleep...other times they just want to be loved!!! They''re great!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 3:21:12 PM
Author: albicocca
40.gif
I''m soooooo jealous - my boyfriend just got Albi to purr for the first time!!! She was under the sofa so he was just kind of reaching his arm back there and petting her and she rolled over on her back and let him rub her tummy and she started purring!!! And then batting playfully at his fingers!!!! IIIII wanna bond with the kitten!!!!!
7.gif

But it is actually good that she''s getting more comfortable, even though I''m not there to be a part of it...so hopefully she''ll be feeling confident enough by the time I get home that she''s not super scared of me?? I just have to keep reminding myself it''s all good for her, and not get toooo jealous that I''m missing out...
7.gif

That''s great news!!! The fact that Albi is allowing your BF to pet her stomach shows a sense of security and trust!!! You''ll bond with the kitten. Your scent is all over the apartment and she''ll associate your scent with you as a person and come to trust you too. But I know how much fun it is to stay home with a new kitty as they learn and explore...we''re still amazed and laugh at BB''s new antics.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
She is soooooooo CUTE!!! I was cooing all over your thread. She is adorable. Don''t worry, she''ll bond with you too. It seems she''s getting quite confortable in her new home!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Ooohhh! What an adorable kitty!!! I had a lost cat situation one time while house-sitting and I couldn''t believe the tiny spaces the cat could fit in. I found her under a recliner that looked as if there was no possible way a the cat could be under there...but sure enough once I turned the house upside-down that was where I found her. Have fun with your new kitty! Hopefully she''ll get used to her new surroundings soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there Albi, I know it is frustrating when that little ball of cuteness wants your BF but she will bond with you honestly! Normally they will bond with one person more at first, so keep trying with her and feed her next time. I get jealous too, Mr Lorelei is something of a cat's pin up ( or so he likes to think
27.gif
) and it makes me so sick! Bluuuurgh! Enjoy these baby days, they grow up too quickly
8.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeeeah, I know - and this is my boyfriend''s first time living with a cat, so it''s more important for him to bond with her than it is for me (since there''s nooooooo way I could ever regret getting the kitten) so it''s nice for him to be the first one to get her to purr, etc. Only it sucks because tonight is my company holiday party, so they have all evening to bond together toooooo.
7.gif
But it''s all for the best, and I''m sure she''ll be nicely adjusted in a little bit! Thanks everyone for your support and/or compliments on how cute she is!!
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
what a cutie pie!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I esp love your avatar pic!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh albicocca, she is adorable!!!
30.gif

Congratulations!!
36.gif

I would definitely consider keeping her in a smaller room until she gets to know both of you guys. I have always done this with my cat (including when we moved several times). He quickly learns that he has a safe place in the house if he feels insecure, and it always make finding him easier since I know where to look
2.gif
. Even though he is eight now, he still "thinks" of our second bedroom as "his room."
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is so cute! Congratulations. Grayson is just a month younger. It is a fun age. She will be a purrr box before you know it!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Albi (love the name) is sooo cute!
9.gif
I agree with the advice that you''ve already been given here as far as keeping her in a confined space (with her litterbox, food and water) for a little while, at least until she becomes more comfortable. Introducing a kitten to the entire house right away can be overwhelming. The fact that she was purring for your husband and letting him rub her tummy (a sign of trust) are definite signs of progress!
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, Albi is warming up to us SO MUCH!!! Today she played with us for a long time, and then when she was all worn out, she let me pick her up and she actually PURRED in my lap!!! And she''s just been hiding very rarely, so we see a lot of her, mainly when she was playing with us or with the Christmas tree, which she has discovered with great delight.
4.gif
So here are a few more pictures of her from today!
9.gif

albi_feather1.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
and another!

albi_feather2.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
and squinting! hehe.

albi_squinting.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad to hear that she''s making such quick progress!
36.gif
Thanks for posting more pictures! She''s just adorable!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, she is so sweet!!!

I''m glad she is adjusting so well!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

She LOVES that feather thing so much, I think that''s what got her out of her shell. She was still hiding from us but when she saw those feathers twitching you could just see her whole body tense up with excitement. SO CUTE!
9.gif

But then after we played with that for a while, and she had dinner and used the litter box, she just went randomly crazy!! Hehe, just sprinting as fast as she could all around the apartment, running in circles in the bedroom, pouncing on bare spots of floor, climbing up chairs and jumping back down. It was sooo adorable, my boyfriend and I just kind of stood there in shock watching her run around for like a half hour. And then when she was done she let me pick her up! So she is definitely making DRASTIC progress! Yayyyy!
9.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww.....Albi is doing so wonderfully!!! Congratulations on being a great mom and dad to her!!!! She''s going to be a great addition to your family!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results