shape
carat
color
clarity

New imperial topaz...

Hello friends,

Thought I'd share my new 7.21ct. imperial topaz. I don't think they get enough love, frankly! But, then again, I am an "autumn" girl, and just love these warm, cozy colors that conjure images of changing leaves in the fall. It's a 10.5mm precision, clipped-corner radiant by the late, great Wayne Emery. Untreated from Ouro Preto, Brazil. This is the vendor's vid... hoping to receive it soon. She said it's even better in person, so fingers crossed!

**edited by moderator, a reminder that we do not allow selling outside of preloved**

Autumn

Last edited by a moderator:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous! It could slide right into your current profile pic!

And what a great size and shape!

OK that's an even truer "butterscotch" than the 10-ct yellow/orange sapphire from @Mjay. (Can't believe I am using this word twice in the same decade.)

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I absolutely love this! Beautiful stone! Please share a million pictures when you get it.

That's gorgeous! It could slide right into your current profile pic!

And what a great size and shape!

OK that's an even truer "butterscotch" than the 10-ct yellow/orange sapphire from @Mjay. (Can't believe I am using this word twice in the same decade.)

Yes, I think I've finally captured my love of decomposing leaves in a gem!
jitteryfooguy.gif
Actually, as a kid, I remember looking up why leaves change in the fall. "Chlorophyll in the leaves breaks down and the green fades away, allowing the yellow, orange, and red carotenoids to blaze forth, giving autumn its splash, dash, and panache." Poetry. lol

Omg I absolutely love this! Beautiful stone! Please share a million pictures when you get it.

I had been coveting him for a bit, and then once I saw your sapphire, I knew it was meant to be. lol Of course, this stone is but a wee nib in comparison.
parent.gif

Ah, beautiful color, but pears are not flattering on my stubby fingers, alas.

lol I can relate! They do tend to elongate the finger though, which is nice. But I really wanted a 5-stone ring, and couldn't find a way to make it work with the flame cut, unfortunately. A nice $2,800 fail. :roll2:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love it! The cut is perfect and obviously I love the color. I can’t wait to see what you have planned for it!

It‘s beautiful!! :love: I can’t wait to see what do with this gorgeous stone!

Thank you, my friend! I think it will just be your basic 5-stone with traps and bullets. We shall see! Wondering about the metal though... not sure if I should do plat, 18kyg, or a mix. I was even thinking of a peach gold head and plat shank. :think:

I absolutely love it! The cut is perfect and obviously I love the color. I can’t wait to see what you have planned for it!

Aww thank you! Did you send your rock out to the GIA? :appl: Shipping this one shortly.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely cut and color! Congratulations!

It must be fun subjecting it to every imaginable type of lighting!

Lovely cut and color! Congratulations!

It must be fun subjecting it to every imaginable type of lighting!

Thank you! Surprisingly, it looks best under daylight and not incandescent. We face north, so the light that enters my home is fairly cool. I was sure it would make it look drab, but she held her own.
thum12.gif

It’s there right now! My anxiety is through the roof.

I will truly be astonished if it comes back as anything more than heat. So let's keep thinking positive thoughts!
hi501.gif

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it! So autumnal and the cut is fab (I have a tourmaline cut by Wayne Emery and I love it)! This and the garnet thread by @mellowyellowgirl is making me covet a yellow/orange gem!

Love it! So autumnal and the cut is fab (I have a tourmaline cut by Wayne Emery and I love it)! This and the garnet thread by @mellowyellowgirl is making me covet a yellow/orange gem!

I'd love to see your tourm sometime if you're inclined to share, @Eli22! Wayne passed away in 2020, so it's nice to see his talent continuing to be celebrated. ❤️

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd love to see your tourm sometime if you're inclined to share, @Eli22! Wayne passed away in 2020, so it's nice to see his talent continuing to be celebrated. ❤️

I think I shared this in the rainbow gems thread (you recognized a checkerboard cut that I didn’t even notice), but here it is unset and in a two-tone ring. I purchased the stone from Dan Lynch - he has a bunch of gems from the Wayne Emery estate!
9FEAE5CC-1DFF-4C98-9A94-F2304D9E7B33.jpeg
52CF0978-F15F-4631-A7D1-3C2476A7932C.jpeg
528DF9B7-2627-48AE-B180-DC06366643F3.jpeg

I think I shared this in the rainbow gems thread (you recognized a checkerboard cut that I didn’t even notice), but here it is unset and in a two-tone ring. I purchased the stone from Dan Lynch - he has a bunch of gems from the Wayne Emery estate!
9FEAE5CC-1DFF-4C98-9A94-F2304D9E7B33.jpeg
52CF0978-F15F-4631-A7D1-3C2476A7932C.jpeg
528DF9B7-2627-48AE-B180-DC06366643F3.jpeg

I recall it!! I personally love checker crowns on CS. This guy's so rich in color, he looks like a tsav. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results