shape
carat
color
clarity

New honey Zircon!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly apologies for lack of photos - I promise they are on their way! ;))

My darling hubby gave me a beautiful 3.2ct emerald-cut honey Zircon as an Easter gift. :love: It's from a local reputable gem/opal store.

It sparkles like mad and is a lovely sunny yellow colour in the sun, tad more champagne colour in the shade resembling a yellow diamond. Apparently it's untreated. It's eye clean with a teensy veil at the end which is only visible under a loupe.

I am totally smitten BUT I seem to recall that zircon should show some sort of double refraction thingy? I'm sorry I not sure what its called but I just cannot see it. Maybe it's due to the cut but I am now worried perhaps I have something else...?

Any ideas/help? He has the receipt so I will take it back if it is not what they claim. I want to set it but am worried if it is not a real Zircon then it might be too soft.

I will borrow a camera and get pictures tomorrow.

Thanks in advance! :wavey:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any advice, but I cannot wait to see pictures of your stone!! It sounds yummo! :lickout:

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It depends on the orientation the stone is cut at. If the same stone were cut with the table rotated 90 degrees, the you would see what looks like a double image of each facet. Some people prefer this, some don't. With zircon rough it's often very hard to determine the axis of the stone, and normally you just cut them for the best orientation to create the largest stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results