shape
carat
color
clarity

New here, need an opinion on a stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for some time. I'd really like your opinion on a stone I've been looking at - and I need to decide soon:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=1007254

There seems to be quite a few inclusions, albeit at the edges. Would this effect how the diamond would show once it is set? Also there seems to be a brown shadow at 2'oclock?

Do you think I should wait for a cleaner stone to come around? The other stones I have seen have less inclusions, but the inclusions are right in the middle. What's better?

Thank you!!! I really appreciate it!!!

The other one I am looking at is: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=1007251 (but it might not be available anymore - on hold for someone else?)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't find the inclusions....both look pretty clear. I prefer the .91-better cut.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I am almost sure Dave Atlas aka oldminer addressed this in an older post and said it was a reflection of the photographer''s hair (cause an E would be white for sure!)
1.gif

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 4:04:23 PM
Author: lisaC
I am almost sure Dave Atlas aka oldminer addressed this in an older post and said it was a reflection of the photographer''s hair (cause an E would be white for sure!)
1.gif
Would you have a link, if this specific stone was discussed already, thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that specific stone

it''s really not something to worry about. but in teh case of the .98, you see it under the table, and that''s a problem.

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 4:22:24 PM
Author: JulieN
Not that specific stone

it''s really not something to worry about. but in teh case of the .98, you see it under the table, and that''s a problem.
So the brown "smudge" at 2''oclock right at the edge isn''t part of the diamond but just bad photography? If I am understanding correctly...

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
The post I was referenced was not about the stone you posted but the problem. If you search Brown facets in RB posted by Bunnifer 11.26.06 it may put your mind at ease.
Sorry -the 14 yr old son is not available to make me a link.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the brown itself is not part of the stone; no part of the stone is brown.

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Here is the photo attached with RED marking where I wasn''t sure whether there''s a problem or not.

Many thanks!

DR038PICed.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mint, you picked a great stone there. As to what that dark area is, best just to call Jim and ask.
28.gif

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, thanks so much for your opinions.

We did clarify that it was indeed a feather which just happened to show up "brown" due to the photography. But otherwise the diamond is very clean, except for slight inclusions around the edges.

We went for it!!!
36.gif

We went through Martin at USA Certified Diamonds (cuz we''re in Canada)!!! He''s been an absolute pleasure to deal with, but I''ll write a full review once the deal is all done and I actually see my diamond! Woohoo!!! So excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results