color
clarity

New Hanadama Studs

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And you sure don’t seem to be having any difficulty at all photographing them

Actually, I did!
As my husband the photographer tells me, The object being photographed (a luminous sphere) is 3 dimensional. It has length, width and depth. The human eye can perceive all three.
But the camera can only see 2 dimensions, length and width.
So the pearl will never look in a photo as it does to the human eye.

And my bad cell phone camera isn't helping matters!

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
After seeing your thread on your new hanadama studs I couldn't help myself & bought a pair of 7.5-8.00mm Hanadama pearl studs in the pink over tone from Pearl Source.I just hope I love them as much as you love yours. I have lots of pearl studs including Akoya's which leave me cold.I am looking for that mirror lustre which is lacking in my Akoya studs I will share pics when they arrive

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After seeing your thread on your new hanadama studs I couldn't help myself & bought a pair of 7.5-8.00mm Hanadama pearl studs in the pink over tone from Pearl Source.I just hope I love them as much as you love yours. I have lots of pearl studs including Akoya's which leave me cold.I am looking for that mirror lustre which is lacking in my Akoya studs I will share pics when they arrive

Ohh wow! Really? That's great! They will look so good with your beautiful hair!
I really hope you like them! Did you take advantage of the discount?

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh wow! Really? That's great! They will look so good with your beautiful hair!
I really hope you like them! Did you take advantage of the discount?

I didn't see the discount so no, sadly I missed out on it

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't see the discount so no, sadly I missed out on it

I guess because I signed up to their email list a few weeks ago, I was notified of a discount.
But still, having researched prices, Pearl Source prices are better than most other vendors!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I picked up a pair too.
Very lovely studs.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I picked up the 7-7.5 Hanadama. I was going to match a vintage akoya graduated strand. I took a gamble with the Ivory overtone and it came in just right. I cannot get over how lovely the pearls are. The match is pretty close.

20201124_135816.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up the 7-7.5 Hanadama. I was going to match a vintage akoya graduated strand. I took a gamble with the Ivory overtone and it came in just right. I cannot get over how lovely the pearls are. The match is pretty close.

20201124_135816.jpg

Yay! I'm so glad you like them! They are gorgeous!
We need ear shots ........please?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sure...here you go :) Although it is ivory, it "reads" white.

Attachments

• 20201126_072817.jpg
    20201126_072817.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20201126_072551.jpg
    20201126_072551.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 23

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure...here you go :) Although it is ivory, it "reads" white.

Fabulous!! I'm so glad you like them.
They are gorgeous on you!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous!! I'm so glad you like them.
They are gorgeous on you!

Oh no, thank you! you let us know about the sale and showed us how lovely they are. These are my first Hanadama earrings. Thank YOU!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, thank you! you let us know about the sale and showed us how lovely they are. These are my first Hanadama earrings. Thank YOU!

They were my first Hanadamas, too. Of course, I have numerous pairs of pearl studs of all kinds(as I'm sure you do, too), but these are the best. I researched for weeks before making this purchase, and The Pearl Source has the best prices, even without the 20% discount.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They were my first Hanadamas, too. Of course, I have numerous pairs of pearl studs of all kinds(as I'm sure you do, too), but these are the best. I researched for weeks before making this purchase, and The Pearl Source has the best prices, even without the 20% discount.

These are the best quality Akoya I have by far. I could tell the difference beside the vintage Akoya necklace in that picture.

Hubby just asked what I wanted for Christmas, He picked up the caged pearl pendant in yellow gold with the upgraded Akoya. That gives another option for a set. These prices are amazing. I do wonder if the gold cage will damage the Akoya.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the best quality Akoya I have by far. I could tell the difference beside the vintage Akoya necklace in that picture.

Hubby just asked what I wanted for Christmas, He picked up the caged pearl pendant in yellow gold with the upgraded Akoya. That gives another option for a set. These prices are amazing. I do wonder if the gold cage will damage the Akoya.

So pretty!
I looked at that necklace the other day. It's a good way to use an undrilled pearl. As you may know, I do silversmithing as a hobby, and I may try to do a cage thing with one of the loose pearls that are rolling around on my workbench!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!
I looked at that necklace the other day. It's a good way to use an undrilled pearl. As you may know, I do silversmithing as a hobby, and I may try to do a cage thing with one of the loose pearls that are rolling around on my workbench!

What a cool thing to be able to do. Sounds like a great project! I would love to see a thread on it when you're done. That's a dream hobby...making jewelry :). I did take a jewelry making class in high school. We used the lost wax method. It was so much fun.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool thing to be able to do. Sounds like a great project! I would love to see a thread on it when you're done. That's a dream hobby...making jewelry :). I did take a jewelry making class in high school. We used the lost wax method. It was so much fun.

I will start a thread if I do it. It might end up looking like one of those horrible Wish Pearl cages!!!o_O

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I will start a thread if I do it. It might end up looking like one of those horrible Wish Pearl cages!!!o_O

You never know until you try. It might be a fun challenge!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You never know until you try. It might be a fun challenge!

Looking at this pendant again, I don't think it is loose in there.
It looks like this may be a fully drilled pearl. There looks to be a top portion with the bail attached, and a bottom portion that is separate.
I wish I could see all angles, to get a better understanding of how it is assembled.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Looking at this pendant again, I don't think it is loose in there.
It looks like this may be a fully drilled pearl. There looks to be a top portion with the bail attached, and a bottom portion that is separate.
I wish I could see all angles, to get a better understanding of how it is assembled.

I'll post pics for you when it arrives. That would be good...not rattling around.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I am officially obsessed!
Maybe I need good quality Tahitian studs, too. My current pair is lacking!
IMG_20201120_142537565.jpg

They look so perfectly proportional to your lobes & face! & Your hair looks so silky and healthy!

Congrats! Wear them in good health!!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3228.JPG IMG_3224.JPG Here are my Hanadama pearls.They are lovely & I'm really pleased with my choice of the rose overtone.Next purchase will be the matching necklace

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3228.JPG IMG_3224.JPG Here are my Hanadama pearls.They are lovely & I'm really pleased with my choice of the rose overtone.Next purchase will be the matching necklace

They are beautiful! :kiss2: I was wondering if you got them yet.
I'm glad you like them!
I'm really bitten by the pearl bug right now. Last night I ordered Tahitian studs from The Pearl Source.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful! :kiss2: I was wondering if you got them yet.
I'm glad you like them!
I'm really bitten by the pearl bug right now. Last night I ordered Tahitian studs from The Pearl Source.

Oooh I can't wait to see them!!!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been thinking about buying Hanadama studs for ages but can’t decide where to buy from! I’m usually a PP girl but all these posts are making me want to try Pearl Source.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been thinking about buying Hanadama studs for ages but can’t decide where to buy from! I’m usually a PP girl but all these posts are making me want to try Pearl Source.

Give them a try,you can always send them back, but I bet you don't!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results