shape
carat
color
clarity

New Gem Case - Perfect for my small collection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 3:27:58 PM
Author: VapidLapid
Cellentani, I envy you your organization not to mention your stones. But now that I''ve mentioned them, especially that new sphene! I just think they''ll suffocate in that box.
Surely there is a talented jewelry artist in your area who could set them so they could... um...join your on your adventures!
I know, haha! I''m planning to take a jewelry trip with a good PS friend next month, so I''m hoping to find a few things then! But by god, I''m loving that sphene too!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 3:48:12 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Cellentani, what a great thread!

love your box of happy!

During this year of hell at work for me, I rotate my individual boxes of happy right by my monitor. Because I telecommute, I don''t have to worry about sticky fingers...

I need one of these right now!

Going to check RioGrande!
Yikes - sorry to hear about work! I often have some individual gem boxes near my computer too - it''s so nice to look over and see a little sparkly! Hope your year gets better, and have fun browsing!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The OCD organization-junkie in me LOVES this thread!
30.gif

Awesome finds, Cellantini!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2010 3:20:37 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 2/28/2010 8:47:15 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Cell,
Do you also own a gem scale? I need one of those too. I want an affordable one though. Thanks!
I don''t have a gem scale. My jeweler has one, so I just go there if I need it. Are you looking for a portable or table-top one?
Something small and portable. Thx

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Stonie, just so you know, Rio Grande only sells to the industry. They don''t do retail sales.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 6:22:45 PM
Author: Revolution
Stonie, just so you know, Rio Grande only sells to the industry. They don''t do retail sales.
Actually, they do sell to the public - both boxes were purchased from Rio Grande, and I''m not in the trade. I can see why you would think that though, because you won''t see any prices until you make an account, but once you do, all the pricing info is available.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 6:30:59 PM

Actually, they do sell to the public - both boxes were purchased from Rio Grande, and I''m not in the trade. I can see why you would think that though, because you won''t see any prices until you make an account, but once you do, all the pricing info is available.

Hmm . . . this is weird, b/c I never sign in, and always see the prices . . . I even checked just now and nope, not signed in, prices there. I buy gem boxes and ring cases . . .

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 6:52:20 PM
Author: fierypyropixy

Hmm . . . this is weird, b/c I never sign in, and always see the prices . . . I even checked just now and nope, not signed in, prices there. I buy gem boxes and ring cases . . .
Oh, you''re right - I just checked, and when I looked at gem cases, the prices were all listed. However, when I looked at 14K necklace clasps, I needed to log in to see the prices. I don''t know why it''s different.
33.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm, I wonder if they have changed their policy. I always thought they were trade only...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 3:14:31 PM
And this is for all of you with the BIG collections: a five-drawer case with customizable inserts.
Hi Cell!
35.gif

Where did you find this case???

Lori

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 7:11:59 AM
I''ve already switched out some of the wide boxes for the smaller ones.
These boxes and organizers are great, cellentani! Thanks for sharing the ideas and the photos with us.
1.gif
Your collection is so lovely.

But, I gotta say, your hot pink spinel really stands out in your boxes of happy. It is begging to be set, IMHO.
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 7:23:11 PM
Author: loriken214

Hi Cell!
35.gif

Where did you find this case???

Lori

Great to see you Lori! I got the case here. Rio Grande has mostly black inserts (and in packs of 12), so I got mine from jemcousa.com. Not only can you buy them individually, but you have a choice of 3 colors. I was lucky to pick them up from their booth at the last Intergem show, and avoided the shipping fees.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 8:17:46 PM
Author: Fly Girl
These boxes and organizers are great, cellentani! Thanks for sharing the ideas and the photos with us.
1.gif

But, I gotta say, your hot pink spinel really stands out in your boxes of happy. It is begging to be set, IMHO.
9.gif
oh Fly Girl, I know! It''s crazy that such a nice stone is still just sitting in my box. Have you been wearing yours much?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 9:16:03 PM

Date: 3/1/2010 8:17:46 PM
Author: Fly Girl
1.gif

9.gif
oh Fly Girl, I know! It''s crazy that such a nice stone is still just sitting in my box. Have you been wearing yours much?
Yes, quite a bit. It is such an amazing color.
1.gif
I enjoy it a lot.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I signed up and they sell to me.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
That looks like it would be so much fun to play with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results