shape
carat
color
clarity

New Eternity Wedding Band

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hi So the bad news is I lost my dad and I lost (or taken) my 3.8 carat marquis eternity wedding band. As shown in my Icon I have a 3.66 Emerald Cut engagement ring. I am working with Yekutal at ID Jewelry to make me a new band..
My old ring 3.8 graduated Marquis eternity band.

I am thinking that I would like to do emerald cut all same size stones eternity band. My question is that marquis shaped stones take up major real estate on ones finger will the Emerald do same.

if I do 26 pointers (19 stones) 5 carats will this give me enough real estate.

Also it also depend on budget if I get 4.00 21 pointers is it going to be to small on my fingers. I do not want round brilliant for sure what else would guys suggest if my budget only allows for 3.8 - 4 carats My ring size is app 6.25 ...( I think 6 but I was having to soak my finger to get my 6.00 off my finger )
image.jpg
Please chime. 5 carats
https://idjewelry.com/5-00-ct-class...e-yellow-rose-gold-or-platinum-is-yge500.html

4 carats
https://idjewelry.com/4-00-ct-class...e-yellow-rose-gold-or-platinum-id-yge400.html

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I believe as long as you keep your EC’s consistently between 1.45-1.50:1 l x w ratio, the EC’s should take up the length of your finger, like marquise. They should also be narrow enough to give you the elongated appearance the marquise did.
The immediate difference you will see is the step cut vs. brilliant cut sparkle/flash difference in cut.
Perhaps, an elongated Radiant Cut Eternity, or an elongated Cushion Cut Eternity would be more “sparkly” alternatives to a step cut switch? That is, unless, you’re interested in such a change.
I’m a step cut queen, but not everyone favors them.
Just thought I’d throw this out there, since brilliant cuts & step cuts are so different! A dream item of mine is a full EC Eternity!! If you decide to use EC’s, yours will be amazing!!! :love:
Another sparkly vs. flashy alternative would be an oval Eternity. Another brilliant cut, elongated shape. Similar to the Marquise, just not as pointed....

I’m a size 5.5 finger. I wear size 5.5, 5.75 and 6.0 sized rings. My wedding rings are 6’s due to swelling in the humidity, but I could prob get away with a 5.75.
I am building & creating a 3/4 Eternity Band of Vintage Cut Asschers. I have 7 0.25ct Stones. I would need approx 3-5 more to create a complete Eternity. This ring will also be a size 5.75-6.0.

Here is my thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-yoram-finkelstein-at-gemconcepts-ltd.235991/

I hope this is helpful!!! :kiss2:

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Is there a reason you do not want a marquis eternity band again? Perhaps ask Yekutiel for the width of each band under consideration? @Matthews1127 the oval eternity band is a great idea as it will tick the real estate issue!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a reason you do not want a marquis eternity band again? Perhaps ask Yekutiel for the width of each band under consideration? @Matthews1127 the oval eternity band is a great idea as it will tick the real estate issue!!

Thank you! :mrgreen2:
I believe the Oval Eternity is the closest to the Marquise; ovals are just more rounded at the “corners”. This would be a change from the original, but not a DRASTIC change.
Switching from brilliant to step cut diamonds, to my eyes, is a big deal. I believe that’s a tough adjustment, even to someone who appreciates both. They are just two different cuts, and perform so differently. It would be a tough transition...at least for me.
I’m a step-cut girl. I don’t know if I could ever cross over to the brilliant cut side, without having some step cuts mixed in for my “flavor”...lol!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to see you, Heidi! I am so sorry about the loss of your Dad, and it is very unfortunate that your band was lost! I will say that I really LOVE and emerald cut eternity, but I highly recommend going to try different bands on to see what carat size you need in emerald cuts (or any shape) to give you the appearance you want.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

My marquis has been a nightmare. Ive worn it for 30 years and have lost 12 stones and have had it recasted twice Platnium to 18 K to 14K for strenght. I had lost anotherstone and had it in my bag to print to replace and it went missing (after my dad funeral)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
It is very helpful I am so excited. I had the marquis made 30 years to minic my mothers. but I am ready for change. Thanks

I believe as long as you keep your EC’s consistently between 1.45-1.50:1 l x w ratio, the EC’s should take up the length of your finger, like marquise. They should also be narrow enough to give you the elongated appearance the marquise did.
The immediate difference you will see is the step cut vs. brilliant cut sparkle/flash difference in cut.
Perhaps, an elongated Radiant Cut Eternity, or an elongated Cushion Cut Eternity would be more “sparkly” alternatives to a step cut switch? That is, unless, you’re interested in such a change.
I’m a step cut queen, but not everyone favors them.
Just thought I’d throw this out there, since brilliant cuts & step cuts are so different! A dream item of mine is a full EC Eternity!! If you decide to use EC’s, yours will be amazing!!! :love:
Another sparkly vs. flashy alternative would be an oval Eternity. Another brilliant cut, elongated shape. Similar to the Marquise, just not as pointed....

I’m a size 5.5 finger. I wear size 5.5, 5.75 and 6.0 sized rings. My wedding rings are 6’s due to swelling in the humidity, but I could prob get away with a 5.75.
I am building & creating a 3/4 Eternity Band of Vintage Cut Asschers. I have 7 0.25ct Stones. I would need approx 3-5 more to create a complete Eternity. This ring will also be a size 5.75-6.0.

Here is my thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/“a-suite-of-7”-courtesy-of-yoram-finkelstein-at-gemconcepts-ltd.235991/

I hope this is helpful!!! :kiss2:[/QUOTE]

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker2006 nice to hear from you. Yes the crazy thing is there isnt one jewelry store where I live that has anything other than round brillant so on my way to IDJ I will walk down 47th street and try stuff on :) Even fake at Nordstroms was unavailable. I also had graduated stones so the smaller ones didn't bother the back of my finger. I am so curious to try one one I really think I want the EC

Nice to see you, Heidi! I am so sorry about the loss of your Dad, and it is very unfortunate that your band was lost! I will say that I really LOVE and emerald cut eternity, but I highly recommend going to try different bands on to see what carat size you need in emerald cuts (or any shape) to give you the appearance you want.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I want finger coverage what is the difference between regular eternity band the his with airline

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Met”Y” at ID jewelry today. Selected their fabulous 4.00 ctw emeral cut regular eternity band. Size 6.25. I loved the Asschers cut but it wasn’t in my price range. It is going to be beautiful. I am a little disappiointed that there isnt’ a lot of finger coverage like the marquis. I know he makes beautiful rings so now I join the two week club. Photos to follow when it is complete and mailed.
I want finger coverage what is the difference between regular eternity band the his with airline

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Met”Y” at ID jewelry today. Selected their fabulous 4.00 ctw emeral cut regular eternity band. Size 6.25. I loved the Asschers cut but it wasn’t in my price range. It is going to be beautiful. I am a little disappiointed that there isnt’ a lot of finger coverage like the marquis. I know he makes beautiful rings so now I join the two week club. Photos to follow when it is complete and mailed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
So met with "Y' and after leaving I asked him if you can do 4 carats with .20 pointers instead of .17 as in there special . Does any one know any one on price scope that has .20 emerald cuts even in a 4-5 stone Im hoping for 19 stones with .20 pointers. Help thanks

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
I am thinking about getting this same ring! I can't wait to see photos!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Update I believe that we have decided to go with platinum 5 carat .20 pointers 24 stones in size 6.25 I know will join the 2 week club. So excited I can’t wait and yes there will be photos

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Update Yekutiel called today my eternity band ended up being 4.80 total with each of the 25 stones is .1925 and ring size is 6.25.

Am I silly that I wished it was 5.00 and 22 stones. I will see. I trust IDJewelry and Yekutiel so I will send photos tomorrow. :)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker2006 nice to hear from you. Yes the crazy thing is there isnt one jewelry store where I live that has anything other than round brillant so on my way to IDJ I will walk down 47th street and try stuff on :) Even fake at Nordstroms was unavailable. I also had graduated stones so the smaller ones didn't bother the back of my finger. I am so curious to try one one I really think I want the EC
Diamondseeker2006,

The anticipation is killing me. The band is going to be 25 .1925 pointers for a total of 4.80. I can hardly wait. I've been googling for hours and no one tube or anywhere can show me what this will exactly look like . Usually you see .20 pointers 5.00 or .17 pointers for 4.8 the anticipations is killing me. Will the stones be too small. Will I be happy ? I am so excited and nervous at the same time.

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker2006,

The anticipation is killing me. The band is going to be 25 .1925 pointers for a total of 4.80. I can hardly wait. I've been googling for hours and no one tube or anywhere can show me what this will exactly look like . Usually you see .20 pointers 5.00 or .17 pointers for 4.8 the anticipations is killing me. Will the stones be too small. Will I be happy ? I am so excited and nervous at the same time.
I am sure it won't make any difference visually, it's just a mental thing! I went through the same thing... the anticipation is killing me too! I need check in with Jonna tomorrow ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker2006,

Hoping you will be over the moon happy with your new ring...I don't think the stones will be too small...I think it's going to be spectacular! So excited for you @heididdl :love:

I am very sorry about your dad.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image1 (4).jpeg I got my ring today. I think it is a little large on my finger. It is really pretty. I am not sure it is exactly what I want but it is exactly what I asked for and more. I think I am just used to something else. I feel selfish feeling this way. Here it i with my old wrinkly fingers. Yekutiel did a great job and delivered exactly what I asked for the ring itself it really beautiful, sparkly. I am so appreciative of what he did for me. Thanks a million.
Total 4.80 total carat weight 25 stones .192 pointers platinum :)

Last edited:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hoping you will be over the moon happy with your new ring...I don't think the stones will be too small...I think it's going to be spectacular! So excited for you @heididdl :love:

I am very sorry about your dad.

Thank you so much.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring :love::love::love:

Is it comfortable?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yes it’s Comfortable I just think it looks too big on me

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Too big size not too bling. I’m getting used to it it . I am really falling in love it is just different than what i’m Used to. Thanks Yekutiel :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results