shape
carat
color
clarity

New engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh teagreen,
It''s just fabulous and the setting is perfect. Congratulations on your engagement, Enoy!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Teagreen, that ring is BEAUTIFUL! It looks huge on your finger, and I love the dainty band. Just gorgeous!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!! It''s such a beautiful ring!!
18.gif
36.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the comments and the well wishes! Such an exciting time of life, and I feel so very lucky to have this ring. I think it actually looks bigger in pictures than in real life, for some reason (not that I''m complaining)! I''m still getting used to having it on my finger (and checking it out every few minutes which makes it extremely hard to concentrate on my work).

About the setting: it''s custom, and the band is modeled after a Vera Wang design, but the prongs are modified to be metal instead of pave, and the prongs are tapered to points at the top of the stone, which I like better than the original Vera Wang design.

Not sure about what kind of wedding band yet - I think anything thicker than this band, like an eternity band, would look odd with it, and I don''t know if I would like the look of another thin pave band (haven''t tried any bands on with the e-ring yet). It''s possible, bc the sides of the band are completely metal so no rubbing issues. I might get an eternity ring to wear on my right hand. Now I get to try on wedding bands! But I thought I should spread around the excitement a little and hold off for awhile. I dragged fiance into Tiffany''s on Friday so I could look at my ring under the lights (and compare it to the ones over there, which I''ve tried on before)
1.gif
I wasn''t expecting a stone with arrows, but I love it!

Fiance''s brother-in-law was responsible for the making of the ring, and he''s in the jewelry industry, so I trust that the stone is secure - part of the reason I wouldn''t want to change it to my right hand after getting married is that I think there would be a greater chance of me knocking the stone around that way.

As for the pave band, I gather from this forum that you never really know about how secure the stones are, but when I brought this up w/fiance, he said "that''s ok, they shouldn''t cost too much to replace" - because they''re so small - fine with me! I''m not too rough on my hands, so hopefully I won''t cause any damage, and a portion of the inside is plain metal so pave abrasion should be minimized when I grab things. I don''t have any specialized diamond-cleaning products yet, and an ultrasonic seems like a bad idea; yesterday I used an electric toothbrush & Dawn on the main stone and just rinsed the band, it seemed to work fine.

I''ll try to post closer pics of the prongs and profile shots later, but my camera isn''t cooperating at the moment!

Thanks again everyone! I love this place and being able to share diamond obsession!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
TeaGreen I love it! Fantastic!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful and looks much bigger than 1.73!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! It''s huge and gorgeous! Congratulations of your engagement.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Ok, as requested, here are some closer profile pics and pics of the prongs!

prof1.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

prof2.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

prof3.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

prof4.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

prof5.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

prof6.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
somebody stop me!

prof7.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
ok one more headshot for good measure.

Regarding the prongs, I think they are actually a bit asymmetrical, as in the thickness of the tips and the curvature varies, but it doesn''t bother me.

head21.JPG

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
teagreen - congrats and a fabulously beautiful ring!!!!!!! wow!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love the thin look of the band and the prongs! btw - fron the pics it looks like the cutlet of the diamond is at the bottom of the setting? is it resting on the bottom of the ring?! I''ve never seen that before!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! Your ring is absolutely breathtaking!!
30.gif
Tell your FIANCE well done!!
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
WOWeeeee!!!! Soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! and E-VVS1 too.... what a lucky lucky girl!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Teagreen: First off, congratulations on your engagement. Second, I love your ring!
30.gif
It really quite beautiful. The thin band of pave makes your ring very classy looking and makes your center stone look huge!!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Love your ring!
30.gif

It looks so delicate and dainty...totally my taste. And with E VVS1 you will certaintly have nothing to pick at. Enjoy it!
31.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 8:52:57 PM
Author: flopkins
teagreen - congrats and a fabulously beautiful ring!!!!!!! wow!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love the thin look of the band and the prongs! btw - fron the pics it looks like the cutlet of the diamond is at the bottom of the setting? is it resting on the bottom of the ring?! I''ve never seen that before!
Thanks! The culet is actually very slightly suspended above the top of the band - it''s so slight that it''s hard to see unless I look for it!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

I love your ring...that's exactly what I want.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
yeah, this ring is definitely one of my all time favorites. i waaaaaaant it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. There really just are no words.
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

shay

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW it is HUGE! I love the prongs! Gorgeous! Congratulations!

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everyone! I''m a lucky girl.

I swear, though, that it looks much bigger in pictures than it does on my hand! Has anyone else noticed that with your own ring & pictures?

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Are you sure that''s not more like 3 carats?! How beautiful and breathtaking! Congratulations!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations !!

I really like the claw setting on your ring.

dyanne

pookiebear

Rough_Rock
Congrats!! Beautiful ring!!!!!!!!
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2005 7:21:47 PM
Author: teagreen
Thanks again everyone! I'm a lucky girl.

I swear, though, that it looks much bigger in pictures than it does on my hand! Has anyone else noticed that with your own ring & pictures?
yes.. you are a lucky girl.
2.gif
congrats !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results