shape
carat
color
clarity

New & engaged! My 1.76ct K OEC rose gold halo by Leon Megé

diabolicaldiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker around here for too long, but I can't stay in the woodwork forever! I'm newly (as of last Thursday) engaged to the man I've been dating for ELEVEN years, and I've finally made an account to share my ring with some fellow bauble lovers. (I fear I will bore my real-life friends to tears if I go on about it one second longer :lol: )

A little bit of back-story: I met my boyfriend (NO! fiancé!!) 11 years ago last Thursday while we were in college, and we've dated nearly consistently since then. We've been together so long that I had no reason to suspect a proposal on the week long Valentines Day/Anniversary trip that he'd planned for us. He knew I loved old cuts, and had an idea of the jewelers whose work I admire, but that's about all. The rest was his doing. That devious boy plotted with mother, my best friends...I am certain I was the last to know!

On to the good stuff :bigsmile: :

GIA 1.76ct OEC / K / VS2 / no fluor set in a halo with platinum stems and prongs and rose gold shank. Size 6.5.

Look at those OEC chunky flashes! :love:

Something about the contrast between the rose gold plain shank and the diamond is really satisfying to me. I love that it blends into my skin. Warmer colored diamonds and rose gold are my absolute favorite marriage. So yummy.

And of course, Leon's micropave is flawless! I know Leon has been a mixed bag for users of this forum, but for what it's worth my fiancé said that he couldn't have imagined a better experience. He was pleased at how accommodating Leon was while he waffled back and forth regarding certain ring designs and details. I wasn't personally involved in the process but I couldn't be happier with the result :love:

I will try to get some better photos with my DSLR later! I hadn't realized how blurry and mediocre the iPhone photos are. I am becoming a real weirdo; running around to different light sources snapping photos of my ring. YIKES! :oops:

_36493.jpg

_36494.jpg

img_10863.jpg

img_10862.jpg

day_dreamer

Rough_Rock
Re: New & engaged! My 1.76ct K OEC rose gold halo by Leon Me

Your ring is soooo pretty! That OEC looks great in rose gold. Congratulations!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome to PS and congrats on your engagement :wavey:

What a gorgeous stone and setting :love:
The chunky facets if your OEC are stunning. Did your fiancee source the stone via Leon as well?
Leon did such an amazing job on the setting. I love his eye for proportions. Enjoy wearing your ring. Will you combine a wedding band with the ring? Any ideas on the design yet?

And please post a lot more pics :appl:

diabolicaldiamonds

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the warm welcome Acinom and day_dreamer !

Acinom|1456253614|3994498 said:
Welcome to PS and congrats on your engagement :wavey:

What a gorgeous stone and setting :love:
The chunky facets if your OEC are stunning. Did your fiancee source the stone via Leon as well?
Leon did such an amazing job on the setting. I love his eye for proportions. Enjoy wearing your ring. Will you combine a wedding band with the ring? Any ideas on the design yet?

And please post a lot more pics :appl:

Yes, he did source the stone via Leon. I'm not sure if I'll combine a band with it or wear them on separate hands. I go through phases where I love the look of stacked rings and then there are other times when I prefer the simplicity of one ring on a finger. I also worry about the micropave getting damaged but I'm probably just being OCD because the ring is so new to me!

I have been drooling over French cut diamond eternity bands lately. I'd definitely wear that separately. I also love the idea of one of Leon's pink diamond/rose gold pavé bands paired with my ring. I have a while to decide, more reason to ogle pretty rings :naughty:

r910_2_wx7.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: If that were my bauble, I'd be snapping pics, too! :appl: :appl: :appl:
For my iphone, I got a cheapie clip on macro lens.
http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Supreme-Fisheye-Android-Smartphones/dp/B00QXT58JA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1456256307&sr=8-7&keywords=macro+lens+iphone

I used to have an ollo clip, but A) it was specific to my iphone 4, and B) I packed it away so well when we moved that I can't locate it ;( , even if I were to resurrect my iphone 4 for picture taking purposes. This new cheapie lens clip set is pretty versatile.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome to PS! :wavey: Your ring is stunning in every way and looks amazing on your lovely hand! Your fiancé did an incredible job!
Congratulations to you both. We encourage a lot more pics, snap away!! :lol:

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous combination! I'd love to see a photo from the side...love those plump OECs! CONGRATULATIONS! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS. Those chunky facets TDF. :love: And may I add you have the most beautiful hands. Congratulations on your engagement. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh! That Leon band with rose diamonds is such a beauty!!!
What you could do is go to the nearest Tiffany or a local jeweller to try various bands. That way you can see whether you prefer your beautiful ring as a stand alone ring or stacked. It's also easier to determine which type of bands are the best match for your ring.

It's great that your fiancee had such a great experience with Leon by the way. I have a Leon ring with a Paraiba tourmaline from him and he is a master of proportions. How special to have an engagement ring from him!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AH, I LOOOVE your ring!!!! :love: I just adore warm colored stones and a halo with a plain shank is one of my all time favorite looks. The stone is simply stunning and with the rose gold, it's just a dream.

And the eternity band you posted would be heaven with your e-ring (pink diamonds with rose gold?!?!?? :love: :love: :love: ). Totally agree with Acinom to go to a Tiffany or other jeweler and try on some bands with your ring and see what your heart fancies. One nice thing with a nice eternity band is that on days where you don't want to wear your e-ring, you can wear the eternity as a stand alone.

Oh and you are not a weirdo for running around to different lighting snapping photos of your ring.....you are one of us, LOL!! :lol:

Congratulations on your engagement!! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations!! It's absolutely beautiful!!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is a real beauty!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is stunning. Can you post a profile/side view?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

What a gorgeous engagement ring!! :love: :love: He hit it out of the park with the stone & beautiful setting! :appl: :appl: It looks great, congratulations & welcome to PS! :wavey:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats on the engagement! Your ring is beautiful! Looks fantastic on your hand.

diabolicaldiamonds

Rough_Rock

missy|1456260842|3994549 said:
GORGEOUS. Those chunky facets TDF. :love: And may I add you have the most beautiful hands. Congratulations on your engagement. :appl:

Thank you everyone! And TRUST ME when I say that no one has ever complemented my hands! I'm always a little self conscious about my knobby knuckles. You gals/ guys are great for the ego :D

Acinom, that's a great idea. Any opportunity to try on new jewelry :naughty: I looked for your Paraiba thread and WOW your paraibas are marvelous. I could get lost in that thread. Paraibas are on my short list of stones I'd love to have in my collection one day.

I'm going to try to take some profile shots tomorrow in the day when I have better lighting/once I get my camera charged up.

Downsy

Shiny_Rock

What a beautiful ring and GREAT job by your fiancé! I agree with the others, your hands are so cute and young looking!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Your ring is gorgeous! I love your OEC and paired with the rose gold is pure perfection!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring with the pink band would be heavenly! Beautiful hands!!!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring on beautiful hands. Congratulations!

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement!!! Your ring is divine!! :love: :love: :love: Your OEC is gorgeous and the delicate halo frames it so beautifully. And the rose gold is just yummy! :appl: Many best wishes!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Completely lovely!!! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations!!!

Shimmer45

Rough_Rock

Beautiful!!! Best wishes to the Bride. :love:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations! I love your beautiful engagement ring! Looks so lovely on your hand. :appl: :love:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

The ring is gorgeous! The proportions are perfection! Congratulations! May I ask what color the pave diamonds are?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Your ring is stunning! I adore warm diamonds in rose gold! I'd be snapping a zillion pictures, too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love your ring, it's really beautiful! Perfectly done, congrats to you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring!!! :love: I think it will be gorgeous with a thin diamond wedding band! I would choose rose gold but the diamonds matching the ones in the halo.

bugbear

Shiny_Rock

I love the combination of your OEC, the halo and the rose gold shank! Beautiful. Congrats!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The rose gold and the halo are perfect matches for your new diamond :) Congratulations and welcome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results