shape
carat
color
clarity

New ebay OEC - should I keep..?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:42:10 AM
Author: coatimundi
Looks like the reflections of a little crystal. Very cute.
1.gif
ditto

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:30:46 AM
Author: strmrdr

1.gif
ditto
Thanks Strm! Any ideas on the "flat spot" I pointed out? As far as I can tell, there''s no difference/damage to the girdle there..Was it just cut wonky?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:33:20 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 2/12/2009 6:30:46 AM

1.gif

ditto

Thanks Strm! Any ideas on the ''flat spot'' I pointed out? As far as I can tell, there''s no difference/damage to the girdle there..Was it just cut wonky?
could be or it could be someone polished out a chip at some point.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely!! Great price too. Flatish spots like yours are not unusual in stones of that era. I love the color. I''ll be on a lookout for a match for you! They''d make some kicka** dangles like Piccolascimmia had made.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could ask for a partial refund, no harm in that, but I think you still got a great price on that stone. Great job on your diamond hunting!!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hiya AJ,

At that price, its gotta be a keeper...BUT definitely NOT a K/L though.. Looks to be a top-brown stone but glad it faces up white!!!

Girl, if you keep this up, you just may run out of appendages to wear them all (not necessarily a bad thing, mind you....
3.gif
3.gif
2.gif
)..

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty, you gotta keep it! If not, I''ll take it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:37:59 AM

Date: 2/12/2009 6:33:20 AM

Thanks Strm! Any ideas on the ''flat spot'' I pointed out? As far as I can tell, there''s no difference/damage to the girdle there..Was it just cut wonky?
could be or it could be someone polished out a chip at some point.
Cheers Strm for the info.

Thanks Up! And yes, keep an eye out on your ebay travels for me ok
2.gif

Thankyou TL!

Hiya Grace
35.gif
Ha ha, I know its pretty bad atm - but call me when I need an intervention like Uppy, lol
2.gif

Cheers Addy
5.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m likin'' it:) Yellow, brown, white, whatever, I think it''s lovely. For that price you gotta keep it and I think it would make a beautiful side stone. Now get looking for that other one!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 10:15:27 PM
Author: Kelli
I'm likin' it:) Yellow, brown, white, whatever, I think it's lovely. For that price you gotta keep it and I think it would make a beautiful side stone. Now get looking for that other one!
Hey Kelli, thankyou! Ha, I know finding the other one will be the challenge - I almost wish I had more patience in creating my new RHR, as I think these would look stunning with my umbalite
30.gif

Here is another shot that shows a more accurate picture of the stone - those earlier shots were really intended as analytical, not glamour pics
2.gif

(pls excuse the non-moisturized hands)
emembarrassed.gif

DSC02618-resize.crop.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I agree the color isn''t K-L. DH bought my e-ring diamond as a K and it is clearly an L, but I love it all the same. Love the warmer colors. If you don''t keep it, I want it!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely stone, AJ! I envy your eBay abilities! It''s a keeper for sure!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AJ, would you please please allow me to call you my Ebay Queen now?
31.gif
31.gif

*snort*
9.gif
11.gif
3.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 6:48:39 AM

I''m likin'' it:) Yellow, brown, white, whatever, I think it''s lovely. For that price you gotta keep it and I think it would make a beautiful side stone. Now get looking for that other one!
Hey Kelli, thankyou! Ha, I know finding the other one will be the challenge - I almost wish I had more patience in creating my new RHR, as I think these would look stunning with my umbalite
30.gif

Here is another shot that shows a more accurate picture of the stone - those earlier shots were really intended as analytical, not glamour pics
2.gif

emembarrassed.gif
Wow, it really does face up pretty white for how it looks from the side. And yeah, those would look GREAT with your umbalite. On the other hand, you could get your umbalite ring made now, then find the match to this one, then find ANOTHER colored stone and get a whole new ring out of it!
31.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a lovely stone!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:14:03 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
AJ, would you please please allow me to call you my Ebay Queen now?
31.gif
31.gif

*snort*
9.gif
11.gif
3.gif
Bwaa Ha ha !!
9.gif

Hrmm..I dunno, thats a pretty dubious title, not sure if I want it rofl!

...but I will take "your ebay hero.."
31.gif

ha ha, I kid I kid!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:36:16 AM
Author: Burk
I love it! I agree the color isn''t K-L. DH bought my e-ring diamond as a K and it is clearly an L, but I love it all the same. Love the warmer colors. If you don''t keep it, I want it!
Hi Burk, thankyou hon. Unfortunately my appraiser went home early on Fri, so I will have to wait until monday to find out for sure..
5.gif

Thankyou Loves Vintage! I did take a bit of a risk on this one, as the vendors pics were terrible
14.gif
But thankfully it paid off
1.gif

Thanks Diamond Dana!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:43:00 AM

Date: 2/13/2009 6:48:39 AM

30.gif

2.gif

emembarrassed.gif
Wow, it really does face up pretty white for how it looks from the side. And yeah, those would look GREAT with your umbalite. On the other hand, you could get your umbalite ring made now, then find the match to this one, then find ANOTHER colored stone and get a whole new ring out of it!
31.gif
I Like your thinking woman! ...but I don''t think my bank balance does, lol..
This will have to be a long term project, for sure.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I have all kinds of crazy ideas!
11.gif

I had to go and buy a house, so I have to live vicariously for a long time! I even stopped visiting the colored stones section for a while because I was too afraid I''d buy something!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, AJ! Somehow I missed this, but I have to say, I love it! Faces up much whiter than it looked in the original pics - the crystal reflection pattern is awesome!

I say KEEP, though I know your mind is made up!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:17:28 PM
Yeah I have all kinds of crazy ideas!
11.gif

I had to go and buy a house, so I have to live vicariously for a long time! I even stopped visiting the colored stones section for a while because I was too afraid I''d buy something!
Not crazy at all, its a great idea!
Lol, I know what you mean - CS is dangerous - actually so is ebay for that matter ! Everything seems just so darn affordable
41.gif
But I''ve found setting them, thats where the expense is
39.gif

I may have to try and embrace playing with my pet rocks loose for some time I think, after my garnet project
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:22:13 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Oh my gosh, AJ! Somehow I missed this, but I have to say, I love it! Faces up much whiter than it looked in the original pics - the crystal reflection pattern is awesome!

I say KEEP, though I know your mind is made up!
Hiya Lauren! I''m glad you like his "teeth marks", ha.. must admit between that and the kozibe, it makes for an interesting stone.
It is on the small side, but fortunately *just* big enough that the facet pattern can still be made out, and it doesn''t look "ordinary"
1.gif

I think my mind has been made up for me - how could I argue with a thread full of yes''s, lol !
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So,
went to the appraiser today - and was pleasantly surprised. She said the stone is not far off the K/L it was sold to me as - likely L/M. I must be too hard on the little guy, after being used to my ideal K, lol.
Also, it turns out its actually 39 points and not the 37 I bought it as - I think she said about 4.4mm...?
So I happy
1.gif

And now, it was time for a proper photo shoot, ha! Look away now if you don''t like Lots of photos!

DSC02708resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hand..

DSC02699resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
neon diamond !

DSC02715resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I just like the way the next few look..*shrugs*
5.gif

DSC02742-resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
showing off high crown..

DSC02743resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC02746resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC02738resize.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

DSC02748resize.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results