shape
carat
color
clarity

New drops for my studs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea -- I love the way they turned out! (Even though I had commented in your original thread I couldn't resist telling you again how much I like them!)

widget

Ideal_Rock
....when I did this, I ordered two extra pairs of gizmos/jackets, and recently had some stones I already had mounted on them: a pair of opals, and pearshaped diamonds out of an old semi-mount.

Whadya think?
1.gif

widget

Udtdpstched1.jpg

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love it! So many versions of earrings from one pair of studs.

Gives one many ideas... hmm...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh widget, I love them! And HOW versatile is that??

You did good!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oooohhhh, I love them. all of them.
30.gif
Great idea, Widget.

shay

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome idea! They''re all so pretty!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE THEM! Diamondseeker and I were talking about how we would love detactable pears for our studs. Such a classic look!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
WOW so MUCH FUN!! I love that you have all those options from one pair of studs - that''s such a great idea, and they are all gorgeous (although the emeralds are especially nice...then again, the diamond pears are pretty stunning as well)! All around a fantastic idea - ENJOY!!
36.gif
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea!!
36.gif
Have fun with all of them!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cool idea Widget! I especially love those opals!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
super beautiful
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2007 3:40:44 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
LOVE THEM! Diamondseeker and I were talking about how we would love detactable pears for our studs. Such a classic look!
We sure did say that! And here they are! Now we''re all going to have to find out about where to get the gizmos! Lol!

They are so pretty Widget! Now if only someone will invent a ring setting with interchangeble stones!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, I love the creativity and resourcefulness of this design!!!! All the different mixing and matching makes my heart flutter! Of course I ADORE your pear drops but the emeralds and opals are simply divine as well!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, I love all of them! They are all gorgeous and what fun being able to change them out. Great idea!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! You are always so creative, love them!!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them, I really want pears to drop from my round studs...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great job Widget--they all look great!

cheers--Sharon

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
OMG- I love the pear dangles! They are like baby-Oprah earrings!

After reading about how you got your studs I am now on fire
29.gif
to get my recycling into stud project going!

Did you buy your "bargain" studs online or did you go there in person?

from their website it looked like they didn''t have stones for the bargain studs that were below .55 ct, not that I wouldn''t love to have studs that = 1ctw, but I already have 1 stone that I would like to use.

I am in NYC and would love to swing by there and see if they have a match for the .35 stone I already have- that would make my studs a serious bargain!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Widget you smartie pants! Not only are they gorgeous, but you have oodles of options! I now have a new project. LOL!

Love them!

Jeannine

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everybody!
1.gif

The sad news, sort of, is that I''ve decided I''m going to give these to my DIL who turns the big Four-O this month. Actually, I''d sort of had this in mind right from the beginning, (athough giving them up is proving harder than I expected LOL) The emeralds and opals are especially meaningful because her daughters are May and October babies.

Oh, there''s one more pair of dangles in the works. These pink sapphires are the last of my "orphan gemstone pairs". The local jeweler is making another set of gizmos (and a few more for his shop...he''s really enamored with them) but they won''t be done before her birthday:

Pink sapphires 5X7mm.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 7:04:30 PM
Author: dtnyc
OMG- I love the pear dangles! They are like baby-Oprah earrings!

After reading about how you got your studs I am now on fire
29.gif
to get my recycling into stud project going!

Did you buy your ''bargain'' studs online or did you go there in person?

from their website it looked like they didn''t have stones for the bargain studs that were below .55 ct, not that I wouldn''t love to have studs that = 1ctw, but I already have 1 stone that I would like to use.

I am in NYC and would love to swing by there and see if they have a match for the .35 stone I already have- that would make my studs a serious bargain!
Hi dtnyc! I just saw your post. I''m in california...did it by phone, and bought the studs sight-unseen. David has a great eye for picking out really nice, non-ideal, "mutt" stones. I''m sure he''d be able to help you. I think he has lots of stuff that isn''t listed online.

It''s great you live in NYC...you could drop off your stone with them and I bet they''d find a good match easily. Give him a call!

....and of course, let us know how it goes!

widget

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a nice mother in law you are. All I get from MINE is a migraine!

I love the pink stones. Is gizmo a technical jewelers term?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 7:19:59 PM
Author: diamondfan
What a nice mother in law you are. All I get from MINE is a migraine!
LOL I probably give my DIL a few headaches, too. (There's no free lunch..)

Nah, "gizmo" is the term I use for them because they're different from any jackets I'd seen before. (90 deg turn to bring dangle under the stud rather than behind it...)

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 7:15:46 PM
Author: widget

Hi dtnyc! I just saw your post. I'm in california...did it by phone, and bought the studs sight-unseen. David has a great eye for picking out really nice, non-ideal, 'mutt' stones. I'm sure he'd be able to help you. I think he has lots of stuff that isn't listed online.

It's great you live in NYC...you could drop off your stone with them and I bet they'd find a good match easily. Give him a call!

....and of course, let us know how it goes!

widget
whoo hoo! I might have to take a long lunch next week and take a walk down to 47th Street!

ETA- did anyone else ever notice that PS is a community of enabling?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure you are a perfectly lovely and wonderful mother in law.

I hope I will be too, after learning what NOT to do from mine. I have three sons...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 7:31:28 PM

whoo hoo! I might have to take a long lunch next week and take a walk down to 47th Street!
Great! Let us know how it goes! (You probably should call first so they're expecting you...I don't think they're set up for walk-ins...)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 7:31:28 PM

ETA- did anyone else ever notice that PS is a community of enabling?
Yes....and there are actually a few threads about that!!!

Widget, those pink sapph pears are so YUMMY.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink sapphires on gizmos will be a really stunning gift for your daughter-in-law. As I have said in at least one other thread, I love the earrings you designed. I love the drops. My only fear was that I might one day want to wear one of the colored stones I was using as a drop as a stud...and, if I did, that I could no more do that than if I had the stone permanently affixed to the diamond. Once one chooses to have the colored stone made to work with your "gizmo", it can no longer be worn as a stud. That''s a commitment :).

Deb
34.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Deb...how have you been? Long-time-no-see!
35.gif

That's not a problem for me. I had those emerald studs FOR YEARS and hardly ever wore them. I have this theory that unlike diamonds, colored stones tend to disappear, or at least fade out a bit, as simple studs.

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results