shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New diamond pendant

binky5450

Rough_Rock
I wanted to share with everyone my new diamond pendant! I have been on the hunt for something that “spoke to me” for quite some time, and finally found great success with Wink and Melissa at High Performance Diamonds. I found the Rocky Talky forum incredibly helpful in getting ideas and learning about all the pros and cons of the various styles, so I thought it only fair to share the end result. First, the specifics: the center diamond is an Infinity diamond, .82, F, Si1. The melee totals .48, F-G, VS ideal cuts. The setting was custom made in platinum, and the chain is 15” 1.55 mm wheat, also in platinum. Below are two glamour photos from Wink, as well as a not-so-great neck shot from my phone camera, but you can get the idea.

I also wanted to share my experience in working with Melissa and Wink. I had never had any dealings with High Performance Diamonds, but they were a recommended vendor on this forum, and many posts were highly complimentary, so I went to their website to see if there might be any pendant styles I liked. Interestingly, they had only one pendant, but it caught my eye immediately. I loved it at first sight; but honestly, I was still a little undecided thinking it was probably unaffordable and potentially too formal for everyday wear. It took me 3 days to decide to send an inquiry, and then it was the warm response I received from Melissa (within an hour of sending the e-mail) that set me on the path to this amazing piece. She promptly provided me with all the specifications of the pendant shown on the website, but readily assured me that it could be reproduced in a smaller size and would still be lovely. She understood that I wanted something unusual and sent me links to other potential styles, but I kept coming back to the original pendant, and I knew it was the one for me. Melissa came up with a perfect center diamond recommendation, and provided the cost estimate to have the pendant recreated to proportionate size. She was extremely responsive to all of my questions, and all emails were answered promptly. Since I did not have an appropriate chain, she also made recommendations about the style and weight that would look best with the pendant and then spent a considerable amount of time diligently researching the best option at the best price. As with any custom piece, the CAD was sent for approval prior to fabrication, and that included exact measurements for every part of the pendant. Everything looked perfect, and it then became a matter of waiting for the bench to craft the final piece. It was ready in only 3 weeks, and before it was shipped, Wink sent some gorgeous photos as well as a video, which were breathtaking. While he insisted the actual piece was even more beautiful in person, I found that hard to believe. It arrived by overnight FedEx the next day in a lovely padded pendant box, and it was PERFECT! It’s just what I wanted—totally unique, simple yet elegant, and unbelievably sparkly. I think it looks fabulous with everything, and I hate to take it off—the only downside is that I have to look in the mirror to see it! I have gotten many compliments on it, including from total strangers. I could not be more pleased with the pendant and my experience working with Wink and Melissa at High Performance Diamonds, and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I never dreamed I would end up with such an amazing custom pendant for a (relatively) affordable price! Thank you to everyone on this forum for posting such helpful information, and thank you to Wink and Melissa for creating the pendant of my dreams.

_36580.jpg

_36581.jpg

_36582.jpg

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's just beautiful and it looks great on you! I love that it's different and classic all at the same time! And it was lovely to read your story of finding just the right pendant. Thanks for sharing!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! It's like a brilliant white sun and a perfect little moon overtop, both set in a sparkling universe. I just LOVE it! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty pendant! It looks very elegant on you too.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
15in chain and it hangs so low I admire your tiny tiny neck that would not do up round my neck I would be strangled lol

I also admire your very very beautiful pendant :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
One of my favorite pendants that I've seen. Really beautiful and wonderful story to go with it. Enjoy! :))

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :appl: :appl: :appl: It looks lovely on you! I bet it sparkles like crazy! HPD did a beautiful job! :clap: Congrats!

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous! Enjoy :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful, and I'm so glad you have warm memories of the whole experience to go with it!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Stunning! Well done! I took a screen shot for the future :) Lovely!

binky5450

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your many kind comments. It's so nice to have a place to share my jewelry obsession with like-minded people!

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the CBI family and what a beautiful pendant. As always Wink and Melissa deliver every time and I have had that same 1st class service from them also!! It looks stunning!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just amazing. I love it!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results