shape
carat
color
clarity

New cute Art Deco ring!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the culet is slightly off center but it doesn’t seem to matter. It’s interesting how you can see the culet facets reflected in the other facets when you look at it.

I noticed when I was looking at my photos that there are some blue flashes of light in the sun. Does this mean there is some fluorescence? I don’t think the stone turns blue all over but just wondering where that blue is coming from. It’s just so interesting!

Science!

Imperfect is perfect if you ask me. It's like your lovely new diamond has it's own fingerprint & you'll always know it's yours.

From your pictures I'm not picking up any flouro, just the odd facet flash of blue - is that what you're referring to? If it is, then this is just light refraction - it really is super pretty! If it had flouro you would see an all over glow effect rather than just flashes.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Imperfect is perfect if you ask me. It's like your lovely new diamond has it's own fingerprint & you'll always know it's yours.

From your pictures I'm not picking up any flouro, just the odd facet flash of blue - is that what you're referring to? If it is, then this is just light refraction - it really is super pretty! If it had flouro you would see an all over glow effect rather than just flashes.

Yes it’s just flashes of blue. I see mostly blue and yellow as opposed to red.

lkredhat

Rough_Rock
It's delightful, it's delicious, it's de lovely! IT'S ADORABLE!
(Excuse my shouting, I'm in lust ...)
Great buy! Contact me if you ever decide to let go of it ...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - it looks great on you.
The stone - the flowers- the head and prongs - the two tone - love it all! :love:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

I’m so glad you like it because it makes me feel like my impulse purchase was worth it. It was also (I think) a pretty good deal or I wouldn’t have done it.

The seller said he checked the prongs but I want to have them checked anyway before I wear it. It’s much more delicate than I was expecting which I think is how they were often made back then. All of that detail is in miniature proportions! It shows up enough to admire it but it’s a very delicate, cute little thing. I’m just a bit worried about damaging it.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring - it looks great on you.
The stone - the flowers- the head and prongs - the two tone - love it all! :love:

Thanks! I just need to have it checked so I will feel comfortable wearing it. It’s so dainty that I’m worried about it not holding up. It doesn’t even look like it’s been worn much so maybe that’s why!

Illinifire

Rough_Rock
Here’s one more view of the facets which I find fascinating. @floratura are we looking at a kozibe effect here?
@CaseyLouLou I can just imagine what joy this ring brought to its previous owner. May you too experience her joy!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Here’s one more view of the facets which I find fascinating. A9D2A416-F929-455D-A557-2E44D2CA2DF1.png

I think the culet is slightly off center but it doesn’t seem to matter. It’s interesting how you can see the culet facets reflected in the other facets when you look at it.
Lovely old mine cut.
The culet reflection you see is referred to as kozibe.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

I remember you saying to give you dibs on this if I decided to sell it. I have listed it on Loupe Troop if you are interested. It’s hard to let go but it’s time to make room for new pretty things.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results