shape
carat
color
clarity

New BGD 5 Stone Ring = Happiness

sherpagirl

Rough_Rock
First, I want to thank so many of you who offered advice, suggestions, guidance, encouragement and wisdom in helping my fiancee and I (just engaged!) find the perfect ring that will serve as both my e-ring and band. (original post: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-bit-of-a-non-traditional-approach-to-e-ring-wedding-ring.165252/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-bit-of-a-non-traditional-approach-to-e-ring-wedding-ring.165252/[/URL])

After seeing all the beautiful 5 stone bands on PS, I knew this is what I wanted. With all the wonderful research I found here, followed by the extremely helpful conversations I had with both GOG and BGD (deciding between AVRs and H&A is SO tough!), and then all of your knowledge and insights, we finally decided on a 5 stone u-prong band from BGD.

So here are a few shots of my ring which arrived late last week, and officially on my hand as of this past weekend. Specs are platinum band / 1.5cttw (.30s each) / H / SI1. All BGD Signature Stones, and Jamie was great to work with. Thanks again to all of you who provided "the voice of reason" to all my questions! LOL! I adore my ring.

BlingyRing.jpg

Photo.jpg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!
I would love to see some profile shots of your new sparklie!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome back! :wavey:
Your ring turned out beautiful and it looks very very impressive on your finger! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Can you post more pictures, please?
... and once again :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! You have the loveliest taste, I love how elegant and classy it looks as a stand alone ring. Congratulations! :appl:

cartea01

Rough_Rock
That's gorgeous! What size ring do you wear?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! :love: Wear in good health and happiness!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, do you have some profile shots?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Beautiful. I know you will enjoy wearing it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful-- I second the request for handshots.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1323178702|3075198 said:

Ooops! I meant profile shots :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: What is your finger size?

I have only been married 6 months and thanks to all of these beautiful 5-stone rings on PS, I'm already trying to think of ways to convince my husband that I will *need* a 5-stone ring for our 5-year anniversary :mrgreen:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Very nicely spread on your finger~ :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
stunning! congrats and glad you are happy with it!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is amazing! Congratulations :love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sherpagirl congratulations on your engagement! I am so glad you came back to post pictures of your ring. I think you made an excellent choice. It is so classy and gorgeous and it is sheer perfection on your lovely hand!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes for your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!! More pictures, please!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1323178702|3075198 said:

+1 (I'd love to see MORE handshots) :love: :appl:

sherpagirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks to ALL of your for your wonderful comments! I do love it. At first I was concerned that 1.5cttw would be too "much" on my finger, and as the ring was being made was getting worried that I should have gone with 1.25cttw... but I am glad I went with my gut feeling! Since I am wearing it as a stand alone ring, it really speaks on its own! And, since I usually don't wear a lot of other jewelry, this ring is just perfect as my statement piece --- a statement in so many ways! :appl:

For those that have asked, my finger size is 5. I will see how it feels in the summer when my fingers expand, but for now it is comfortable, if not a smidge loose especially after being outside in the colder weather. I have to say, the 5 stone ring goes with just about ANY outfit! Casual, dressy, work, suit, even just running around in sweats and hoodie! :lol:

Here are a few more attempts at a profile shot and handshot...I promise to post more when I can get to it! It's been gross and gray and rainy here lately, so once the sun comes out I'll be sure to take more photos and post ! Thanks to everyone!

Profile Shot.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I so covet these!

sherpagirl

Rough_Rock
Another shot... by the way, do you guys have suggestions on how to maintain/clean my ring? I have been taking it off before going to bed and when in the shower/getting ready in the morning ... I am so afraid of damaging it but I want to keep its beautiful brand-new sparkle! :appl:

Profile2.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: And very helpful for me to see as I hope to get one of these eventually! I think this is the size diamonds I would choose also!

Many of us have little ultrasonic cleaners to clean diamond rings. I don't like to fool with that all the time, so other times I just use a jar of jewelry cleaner to soak the items and then rinse with warm water. Some people use a soft baby toothbrush to occasionally clean the stones, but I wouldn't do too much of that because I'd be worried about wearing down or scratching prongs.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty!!

As far as cleaning, I've been having good results with a once per week soaking in hot water with a little dish soap. Cuts the grease and makes the ring look new and sparkly!

Anne

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring looks absolutely gorgeous on you!! The sparkle coming from those diamonds is amazing! It's a classic and elegant beauty, many congrats!

As for cleaning, I really like Weiman's jewelry cleaner. I've tried several brands and I really like this one the best. I just soak for a minute clean gently with a soft bristle toothbrush, then rinse. I would also recommend a professional cleaning at a jeweler's once in a while. I had mine done recently and it really brought back a lot of the sparkle. (and I clean my ring a lot!)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blingtastic!! :love: :love:

Congrats and enjoy! :appl:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning! It's classy yet "blingy" all at the same time. :appl: Congratulations :appl:

After reading some suggestions here on PS, I've been soaking mine in hot water mixed with a little Mr. Clean, and sometimes scrub gently with a baby's toothbrush. About three years ago, I purchased a Jewel Jet and only used it once on my old ring. Now, I use it at least twice per month on my new ring, and it works great!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous band! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh sherpagirl it turned out great!! I love the proportions, it looks perfect on your hand :) enjoy your fabulous ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is stunning!

sherpagirl

Rough_Rock
Those are all great cleaning suggestions! Jamie at BGD also suggested soaking the ring in warm water with a dab of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Has anyone tried this?

More shots! And apologies for my scaley-looking skin! It is so dry here.... :rolleyes:

I think every gal should have a beautiful five stone ring! Woo hoo!

profile.jpg

Coffeering.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results