shape
carat
color
clarity

new bezel pendant and stacker rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i just got it today and i''m so excited to be able to share!

ok, here''s the story: my mom is a jeweler, so i''m extremely fortunate to be able to go through her as my source for jewelry needs. most people think that i''ve got tons and tons of jewelry on hand because of that, but it''s actually quite the opposite. up until a couple of years ago, my only real piece of jewelry that i had was a very small 5-stone band that she gifted me for my 16th birthday. unlike some other daughters-of-jewelers i know, i don''t consider my mom''s store my own personal jewelry box. obviously like anyone else, i earn what i want and it''s only been recently that i''ve set aside money for good pieces jewelry.

anyway, after telling her that i was interested in getting a bezel pendant, she sourced a stone for me and got me a quote. i had been saving for a while so i gave her the go-ahead so her jewelry smith could start working on it. i was so excited since this was going to be my first big purchase, and i was bursting with excitement when she told me it was finished last week. then as luck would have it, my boss dropped the bomb and said that our sports bar was going out of business...in a week!
32.gif
needless to say, being newly unemployed doesn''t leave any room for diamond purchases so i had to tell my mom that she could use the pendant as inventory.
39.gif

i went to visit her at the store today, and i was dying to see it in person but i didn''t see it on display. she told me she was cleaning it and hurried off to help some customers. later on, my mom brought over the pendant and said it was mine to keep! what?! she said to consider it a chinese new year gift and as good luck to job searching. i was in total shock and as much as i appreciated the gesture, i felt like i wanted to earn the gift. we finally agreed that i would pay for half whenever i got a new job.
36.gif

so without further ado, here she is! 45 points H-VS2 set in 18k white gold

vippend.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
another pic

vippend2.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock

vippend3.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve had these rings for a while (i brought them to the DC GTG in January), but i never got around to post pics of them.

the shared prong eternity that i stack in the middle was BF''s Christmas gift to me a couple of years ago. actually my first post on PS was on this ring!
2.gif
1 ctw (20 5pt stones) H-VS1
the other two matching rings are actually my future wedding rings that my mom has saved for me. i loved how they looked together so my mom told me to just hold on to them for now. i normally don''t wear them on a daily basis...they pretty much sit in their ring box most of the time. i''m not sure of the stats but i do know that the stones are just ever so slightly larger than the 5 pt stones in my other eternity. judging them by the naked eye, the color looks identical as well so i''m going to say H.

vipstack.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here they are together! the pendant's color is off in this photo though...i think it's reflecting my arm.
3.gif
no neck shots as of yet. i'm going to try to wait until i get some sunshine.

vipstack2.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
it''s like one big happy family!

vipstack3.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a hand shot! this was actually taken several months ago before i lost some weight, so they don''t look as tight on my finger now as it did then.

vipstack4.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Such a lovely pendant vip!!! Your Mom wanted to surprise you with a gift that you truly wanted...how exciting!!!

Your rings look so pretty together. You have a beautiful jewelry collection!

Good luck with your new job search!

Lori

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I love your collection!! And your pictures are great!
36.gif
36.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love how the three rings look together.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 8:23:51 AM
Author: lknvrb4
I love how the three rings look together.

Ditto. They compliment each other very nicely.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every lady needs a classic solitaire pendant, and the three bands make a great looking stack. How lucky for you that you Mom is a jeweler!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely collection. Good luck with the job search.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!! I can''t wait to see neck shots of the pendant:) I just ordered one in a fixed bezel setting that is .41 so I''d love to see it on your neck:)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely pendant, and an equally lovely mother! I love the stackers too.
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I''m in love with your stack! Your pendant is gorgeous. Good luck with the job search.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for all the lovely comments and good luck wishes!
9.gif

here's a neck shot, but too bad there wasn't any sun today.

vipbpendns1.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
another

vipbpendns2.jpg

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendant - it looks perfect on you! The stackers are gorgeous as well - love the way the three rings look together. Good luck with your job search and enjoy your new bling.
1.gif

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your stacker rings!!! They are soooooo white!!!! The pendant is beautiful too. Well wear!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is lovely, and kudos to you for your amazing restraint! If I had a mom, who owned a jewelry store, I would be begging and
pleading quite a lot. When it comes to sparklies I have no restraint, and groveling would not be out of the question.

It looks lovely on your neck and I hope it brings you good luck in your job search. I will most surely make you feel good. I love your
bands as well. They are all beautiful. I am a stackin girl as well.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! Love your new pendant - and such a wonderful gesture from your mum too. Love your stackers, especially the middle one. Off to hunt for your thread on it!

P.S.: Out of curiosity, not sure if you read an older thread I posted a while ago, but I was wondering if your pendant flips at all?

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
That pendant is gorgeous!!!! And I''m in love with your comination of stackers! Beeeeeutiful! Good luck with the job search!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the stackers, and the bezel pendant. How sweet of your mom! Good luck with job hunting!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
ohhhh! thanks! That size looks perfect on you! I hope I like mine as much
2.gif

Good luck on the job hunt
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What lovely pieces!!!!!!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LOVELY!!! I love your bling cake and the bezel necklace is perfect!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! I think that''s one of the best neck-shots I''ve ever seen - it just looks like the stone is on fire!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pieces!!!!! Love your pics, and those stacking diamond bands are lovely!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
VIP, that is so sweet of your mom! And the pendant and stackers are GORGEOUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results