shape
carat
color
clarity

New BB gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I finally got my bluish green tourmaline and umbalite garnet from ACStones mid week. Again my DH took these photos for me, he didn't need much persuasion this time.
9.gif

Today is cold and chilly, the sun is behind the white clouds a lot of the time.

I posted earlier that I want to set these two in a LOGR setting, but I think yellow gold will be more suitable. What are everyone's thoughts regarding gold colour?

IMG_1006s.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Umbalite garnet 7.5mm

IMG_1015s.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Same stone

IMG_1017s.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Left: Umba garnet 7.5mm
Middle: Bluish green tourmaline 8.2mm
Right: Malaya garnet 8.3mm

IMG_1033s.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
016a.jpg

This is the setting I planned for the tourmaline, but now I think the stone will look nicer in yellow gold...

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Vendor photos:
ga-1984g_531_general.jpg
t-6185g_1842_general.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Last pic.

IMG_1061s.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
With blue-green stones you can''t go wrong with either of the metal colors, except maybe rose (but even that one works sometimes, depending on the stone and the idea behind the piece). White will accentuate it''s blue, yellow will bring out the green - so it just depends on which of the two colors you like better. How about two-tone?
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones, Loving. Your DH is a doll for taking such nice photos
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not really good at picking metal choices, I just buy what I feel like I will wear most
9.gif
but I think yellow gold will be a nice choice for the green to be more green and for pink- I always like seeing them in white gold color seems to stand out more (for your umba garnet)

ETA: for your malaya garnet.. I think it can go either with yellow or white

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! Those are awsome photo''s of your stones. It''s absolutely beautiful..
36.gif
36.gif

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stones!

Dayna

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The colors are so pretty on all three gems. Congrats!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re very pretty LG. I think I would like to see the green tourmaline in white gold.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY!! These are so beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My favorite colors all together.....LOVE THEM....WOO HOO!
30.gif

Lori

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Drool .. I love that bluish green tourmaline. I was thinking of buying it and Barry was like.. better grab it quick...I get one like that maybe once a year. I am glad it is in a wonderful home!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great colors! I love the pictures on the flower!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful colours, I love the blue-green the most!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful colors, you have a great trio

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! All 3 of those are gorgeous!!!!!!!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! I can''t decide which one is my favorite - they''re all so good!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 4:15:52 AM
Author: ma re
With blue-green stones you can''t go wrong with either of the metal colors, except maybe rose (but even that one works sometimes, depending on the stone and the idea behind the piece). White will accentuate it''s blue, yellow will bring out the green - so it just depends on which of the two colors you like better. How about two-tone?
9.gif
Hi Ma Re

Thanks for your thoughts about gold colour, my little oval blue green tourmaline is being set in a two tone setting right now (you commented two tone will look good for that one too).
emsmile.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with M Re. If you want to bring out the green, set it in yellow. Since it looks to be a "cool" stone, I''d set it in white to bring out the blue. The other 2 would look great in yellow because they are "warm" colours.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Icekid, D&T, Mochi, Miss D, IT, TL, Cin, Lori214, CP,PackRat, SS, LFC, LTP & Magmenta:

On behalf of my DH thank you for all of your very nice comments about the photos.
9.gif

My favourite ones are the group shots. Also I wish to have a stone the colour of the gerbera, that''ll be perfect for my new collection.
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 11:03:23 PM
Author: Chrono
I have to agree with M Re. If you want to bring out the green, set it in yellow. Since it looks to be a ''cool'' stone, I''d set it in white to bring out the blue. The other 2 would look great in yellow because they are ''warm'' colours.
Thanks Chrono for your suggestions. I had my heart set on putting the tourmaline in the white LOGR setting too, but when I put the stone against my wedding band, which is a white metal, it doesn''t look as good as against my yellow gold bracelet, I don''t know if there''s much blue to bring out in this one.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results