shape
carat
color
clarity

New anniversary pendant from BGD

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its lovely, I am sorry to hear you aren't wearing it often. What part of AUS are you in? Do you know what style of ring you would like?

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
I do love the pendant, but the chain rotates easily (leaving clasp on show) and I generally have to avoid neck/grab-able jewelry at work - I wear 1ctw aca studs each day and have a 0.5ct e-ring in yellow gold. Maybe I could re-set the pendant diamond in a 3 stone ring for right hand? 20180826_091736.jpg

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Cokitty - Victoria!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about getting it reset into a fixed set chain. That’s what I have and it never slides. It stays in one place..

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
I love the diamond & pendant setting - so think I will try to get a new chain - what do you think? Would sterling silver be ok? (The one in the picture is 16 inch platinum extended to 18 inch, but I'm thinking 20 inch - maybe even bigger design would work better? Thoughts?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have another one that does the same thing. It’s not one I wear often. My daughter in law’s does too. I suggest getting it fixed on either a gold or platinum chain which will be more sturdy. You wouldn’t want to lose that pretty diamond.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think sterling silver is a good idea. They're different colors and weights. I bought a platinum chain a while ago and it's been terrific. If you go to sarraf.com, you'll see platinum chains there. I don't know if they'll ship to Australia, but they might. And I agree - 20".

But I also think a 3 stone would be a lovely contrast to your e-ring, and would be a much more substantial ring, if you're looking for that sort of thing in a ring. If you put .3ct stones on each side, you'd have something in the 1.3ctw range, which would be wonderful and quite eye catching.

If it were me, I'd re-set the pendant into a more substantial setting, put it on a 20" chain, then look down the road to turning my e-ring into a 3 stone; it would be nice to keep your e-ring as your most substantial piece of diamond jewelry.

hrose

Shiny_Rock
@Mondayschild are you looking to sell your 18" platinum chain? I may be looking for one just like that! (I had posted a WTB thread in the pre-loved forum a few days ago)

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
@hrose - well, yes! I have only worn it a few times. Just so you are aware (see the picture above) - it was extended from 16 to 18 inches with those extra loops that are visible in the picture (near the clasp). It is extremely fine & strong. How should we contact ? I'm in Australia

hrose

Shiny_Rock
@Mondayschild I'm sorry I may have been a little over eager, I was worried that the vendor's (who will do my project) price for a chain might be very expensive and I'd be better off locating my own, but it looks like it may be pretty reasonable, I still need to get some more info on the chain from them, so can I get back to you in a few days?

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
@hrose totally fine with me - no pressure at all.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b you were right....doesn't look right on silver.

I'm now in position to get platinum 20 inch chain.

Any recommendations? I'm in Australia

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Mondayschild -

I know Blue Nile has one, and I think they ship to Australia. But mine came from Sarraf.com, and it's a lovely, slim box chain. I'd try calling them and see if they'll ship to Australia; their prices were much better than anyone else I found for platinum chains.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Was trying to decide between an eternity ring or a pendant for 10 yr wedding anniversary.

Husband got tungsten eternity band, I got this beautiful pendant!

It was one of Brian Gavin Blue range - 0.687 ct (looks huge to me as I have half carat engagement ring) - J VS1 with medium blue fluro. Set in platinum with custom 18 inch chain. I like how the design of the pendant looks like another floating diamond when the light hits it

BG were great to deal with & included a torch so you can reveal the fluro (and check which other diamonds in your collection have fluro!). Packaging & customer service were excellent.
20171105_185758.jpg
20171105_192715.jpg 20171105_192830.jpg 20171105_185720.jpg
BrianGavin_6ProngPen_KMc3b_102417.jpg BrianGavin_6ProngPen_KMc1_102417.jpg

Oh I just your love your pendant! Beautiful diamond in 6 prongs!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

Do you think - box, rolo or wheat would suit best?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so perfect - the proportions and length are completely flattering! I love it!!

I'm not sure from your previous posts - are you interested in re-setting your e-ring at some point?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results