shape
carat
color
clarity

New addition to the family

missyc

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks in advance for letting me share my new custom ring :bigsmile:
My daughter is due at the end of July and DH asked what push present I would like. The answer was pretty obvious - more bling! Although, this is nothing in comparison to all the jaw-dropping rings our PSers have, I really like my new addition :kiss2:

She is a 1.22ct opalescent pink sapphire with orange flashes, set in 18k yellow gold with tiny diamond accents. She does have her defects - some small surface-reaching inclusions and a little cloud under the crown, but they're not obvious to my eye unless I really go looking for them. Maybe they will bother me later down the track, but for now, I am in love!

20240524_103340.jpg

20240524_103407.jpg

20240524_103323.jpg

missyc

Rough_Rock
About the ring design:

The sapphire represents my daughter and the bezel represents a swaddle (hence the two "prongs" on either side of the bezel). The two vertical raised bands on either side are supposed to be the end of my/DH's sleeves, with the diamonds representing our hands. We are holding our sweet daughter all swaddled up in love :bigsmile:

missyc

Rough_Rock
Here she is with my art deco sapphire ring that represents my son. I went for a vintage ring to show that he is my firstborn. The filigree represents how delicate and precious he is to me, and that he can't be replaced ❤️

1000078826.jpg

1000078823.jpg

1000078834.jpg

1000078831.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful one-of-a-kind rings, and how lovely to think how the rings and their stories will be passed down. May I ask who made the opal ring?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings - and your new pink sapphire ring, particularly, is just stunning. Please share with us who made this beauty!

Sending you all the best wishes in the world for the safe delivery of your precious daughter!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings and congratulations for your new daughter!

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
I just love all the thought that went into both of these stunning designs! Wishing you and your daughter good health and a safe delivery!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So pretty, and I love the bezel especially. You never have to worry about snags.
I'd forget about it and almost never take it off, which is my favorite kind of ring.:love:
I love the meaning behind both of them.

Congratulations on the new addition!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ring, and all of the design details you included, and the meaning behind both rings. Congratulations on your growing family!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your upcoming special delivery.
Both such beautiful and meaningful rings.
The opalescent sapphire is just gorgeous, I have one myself and such an intriguing gemstone.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sleek setting is perfect for your sapphire. It turned out beautifully.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the impending birth of your daughter!

This ring is beautiful. It’s so well planned & so well made & I love the sentimentality. Your blue sapphire couldn’t be more different & I know you will treasure these rings forever.

missyc

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful one-of-a-kind rings, and how lovely to think how the rings and their stories will be passed down. May I ask who made the opal ring?
Thank you! I would love to pass them down one day! Do you mean the pink sapphire ring? It was made by a local jeweller here in Australia. The company name is MG Jewellery Designs. I really love working with them - they are really good at nailing the specifics.

So pretty, and I love the bezel especially. You never have to worry about snags.
I'd forget about it and almost never take it off, which is my favorite kind of ring.:love:
I love the meaning behind both of them.

Congratulations on the new addition!
You took the words out of my mouth. Bezel settings are definitely my favourite because I just don't have to worry! Although, not any bench can get them right.

Congratulations on your upcoming special delivery.
Both such beautiful and meaningful rings.
The opalescent sapphire is just gorgeous, I have one myself and such an intriguing gemstone.
Thank you! I would love to see your opalescent beauty :kiss2:

Congratulations on the impending birth of your daughter!

This ring is beautiful. It’s so well planned & so well made & I love the sentimentality. Your blue sapphire couldn’t be more different & I know you will treasure these rings forever.
Thank you for your kind words :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results