shape
carat
color
clarity

Never thought I would find myself posting here!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Much like the post by should_I_be_here -- I'm not sure that I ever expected to get married. At least I was never one of those girls who had planned their wedding day since they were little. It never really seemed like a big deal to me and I was definitely not in any rush to take the "big leap". Things change I guess and here I am! :wavey:

My wonderful boyfriend and I have been together for longer than most folks manage to stay married and suddenly about a year or so ago I started to feel like I would like to be married and all those little things like people calling me Mrs XXX or asking him when he was gong to propse already actually started to bother me (previously we just laughed or made some goofy comment). We had a couple of casual conversations where I mentioned my changing thoughts but then fast forward to our vacation over the hollidays where we had a really good discussion and now we've gone ring shopping - so I think that officially puts me on the LIW list!

After lurking on PS ever since our vacation (I am the research nut in the relationship so I had to figure out the deal with engagement rings) -- I got a wee bit obsessed with diamonds (weird since I don't wear that much jewelry) but when we went shopping the whole time I was just thinking that whatever he picks out I will love and I don't even care what the stats of the diamond were.

Right now I have no idea what the timeline is -- figured I would bring it up this week so he had a chance to digest everything we saw and learned this weekend - but I'm not known to be overly patient once I know what I want :devil: so hopefully my stay on the LIW list will be very short!

When we announce the engagement I think our parents and most of our friends are going to pass out from shock! :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! :wavey:

You've got a wonderful, sweet story! I hope you enjoy your stay here on LIW (and that it is SHORT!!!).

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Welcome :wavey:

I'm glad to hear that you have been looking at rings together, it sounds like you're both on the same page, which I think is half the battle being a LIW. Hopefully your stay here is short and sweet.

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Welcome, GamerGirl! I love your name!

Definitely echoing the same sentiments here - it sounds like you guys are in a good place, so hopefully it will be much sooner than later!

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
yay for reluctant LIWs! wow, you must have been going out for a long time! i wish i could be happy with anything he got me, but thanks to PS, hell no

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcomes all :D

We have been dating for just about 14 years. 4 of which I was in college, then a little bit of long distance relationship in there after he graduated, then living separately in our own apartments and finally for the last couple of years living together.

That is a long time, but it is amazing how fast it all went by. Then sometimes I look back and think -man that is a LONG time.

Yeah, PS almost got me too - I was ogling 2+ct AVC in Leon Mege settings - the bf doesn't even know what a bullet he dodged ;))
Luckily, I really liked a lot of the settings locally and I felt like a smaller diamond fit with them better and with my hand. To be honest, I'm not sure what I would do with a huge diamond ring - I would be constantly paranoid of cracking it on something or losing it somewhere. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results