shape
carat
color
clarity

nervously awaiting James Allen delivery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out with the first post I made the other week. Now I am nervously awaiting shipment of my rings from James Allen. We ordered the diamond and the engagement ring setting, and both wedding bands from James Allen. The order for the diamond and engagement ring setting is under my fiance''s name. The order for the wedding bands is under my name. We got the emails saying the expected ship date for the completed engagement ring and the wedding bands were today, March 17.

Well, we''ve received the FedEx tracking info for the wedding bands, but nothing for the engagement ring. This worried us because we need to plan to stay home from work to sign for the deliveries. I ended up calling twice to customer service, first speaking to Darrin then to Josh. There was a certain amount of confusion with the first call about which order I was calling about - the call ended with the statement that both orders were supposed to ship today. I still felt uneasy because that''s not the same as a definite, both orders ARE shipping today.

I called back and some time was spent on hold while Josh checked on the order status. He came back to tell me that I was in luck, it was St. Patrick''s day, the shipping dept was slammed, and they just hadn''t entered the FedEx label info yet. But the order was shipping.

Well, it''s after hours and there''s still no change in the order status page nor an email confirmation that the engagement ring will be shipping today. So I don''t expect to see it.

I tried to explain to both Darrin and Josh, that it wasn''t that I minded if the shipments slipped a couple of days, I just needed them to come on the same day. That it was hard to take time off from work on separate days to sign for the deliveries. I was really bothered by the lack of response to that. Maybe it''s unusual that someone would have difficulty taking multiple days off to wait to sign for deliveries.

And of course, I''d much rather get the engagement ring than the bands if only one order got shipped!
28.gif

I don''t hold out much hope that both orders really did ship and it bums me out that they would say both were shipping. I''m not real clear on what the impact of St Patrick''s day is either, other than maybe that''s a jeweler''s holiday?

So my long-winded story leads up to me being even more nervous now about what the quality of the final product will be like. Have I made a big mistake buying from James Allen?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are really freaking yourself out for nothing. It is quite normal for Fedex not to have key in the data immediately. Also, if they are not going to arrive on the same date then, just not be home, they will not leave the box at your doorstep if a signature is required but a sticker stating what you can do to get the package. Just go pick them up at the Fedex center, wait for them the next day or call them.

No need to worry about JA's product quality due Fedex's mistake, if there was one.

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/17/2009 7:31:56 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
You are really freaking yourself out for nothing. It is quite normal for Fedex not to have key in the data immediately. Also, if they are not going to arrive on the same date then, just not be home, they will not leave the box at your doorstep if a signature is required but a sticker stating what you can do to get the package. Just go pick them up at the Fedex center, wait for them the next day or call them.

No need to worry about JA''s product quality due Fedex''s mistake, if there was one.

Oh good, I''m glad it''s just me freaking too much. And it''s my fault for not making clear that it was difficult not to get both orders the same day. I bet they could''ve held the one that was done earlier for the later one. I realize FedEx won''t just leave it, it''s more that there''s limited time to spend retrieving the packages, or waiting for them. I''ll save my freaking out to more important things...

MaineVette

Rough_Rock
I wouldn''t worry. Even if one order shipped today, and the other tomorrow, just go to work as planned tomorrow. When you aren''t home to sign for the delivery they''ll simply try to redeliver the next day. By that time the engagement ring should have ''caught up''. Or you could just call the FedEx center and give them a heads up to hold delivery on the first shipment for one day.

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/17/2009 8:18:12 PM
Author: MaineVette
I wouldn''t worry. Even if one order shipped today, and the other tomorrow, just go to work as planned tomorrow. When you aren''t home to sign for the delivery they''ll simply try to redeliver the next day. By that time the engagement ring should have ''caught up''. Or you could just call the FedEx center and give them a heads up to hold delivery on the first shipment for one day.
Thanks, I do realize that there''s lots I can do to get the FedEx delivery. I can call and have rerouted to work if need be or we can drive to the FedEx pickup place at the airport. I do wish they hadn''t told me at JA that the second order was also shipping today because apparently it didn''t make it. (Kind of confused about the role St Paddy day played in that.) Still no email that JA generates with the FedEx routing number - maybe they don''t always send that.

I''m probably just letting my nerves at buying something so major online get to me. And obviously just because it''s a big deal to me, I can''t expect them to be as focused on it as I am.

So I''ll hope that tomorrow brings the news that it''s shipping and I''ll post a picture of it when it does arrive.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
writergeek,

I don''t know anything about your specific order, but I can tell you that 5th Avenue was shut down from 11-3pm EST today for the St. Patrick Days Parade. Since our sales offices are located on the "east" side of 5th Ave, but our production offices are located on the "west" side of 5th Ave, we had *nothing* moving across 5th for hours. That caused many delays, yours of which I hope we could have avoided.

All the best,

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/17/2009 11:16:17 PM
Author: James Allen Schultz
writergeek,

I don''t know anything about your specific order, but I can tell you that 5th Avenue was shut down from 11-3pm EST today for the St. Patrick Days Parade. Since our sales offices are located on the ''east'' side of 5th Ave, but our production offices are located on the ''west'' side of 5th Ave, we had *nothing* moving across 5th for hours. That caused many delays, yours of which I hope we could have avoided.

All the best,

I did receive BOTH packages yesterday. The arrival coincided with me making a pit stop home to unload some groceries before heading to work, my fiance to be was also still at home. My package contained the wedding bands, his and hers. His contained the completed engagement ring - which is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!
36.gif

My coworker will take pictures next week because he''s so good at lighting etc (we''d do it this week but we''re rushing a deadline.) I''ll post those. And the appraisal is tomorrow. I look forward to that input.

It was a bit nerve wracking not knowing for sure what was arriving yesterday, but all''s well now. Thanks for the explanation about the St. Paddy''s day effect.

To everyone else who read about and/or responded to my nervousness - thanks so much for your interest. I''m sure you experienced folks were smiling at my extreme case of nerves.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:00:34 PM
Author: writergeek

I did receive BOTH packages yesterday. The arrival coincided with me making a pit stop home to unload some groceries before heading to work, my fiance to be was also still at home. My package contained the wedding bands, his and hers. His contained the completed engagement ring - which is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!
36.gif

My coworker will take pictures next week because he''s so good at lighting etc (we''d do it this week but we''re rushing a deadline.) I''ll post those. And the appraisal is tomorrow. I look forward to that input.

It was a bit nerve wracking not knowing for sure what was arriving yesterday, but all''s well now. Thanks for the explanation about the St. Paddy''s day effect.

To everyone else who read about and/or responded to my nervousness - thanks so much for your interest. I''m sure you experienced folks were smiling at my extreme case of nerves.
Well, now that you mention it....
2.gif

I''m really glad everything worked out so well, and can''t wait to see your pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results