clarity

"neon" stones

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, marry me?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Woah, I had no idea that LD (or anyone) was fortunate enough to own so many Paraiba tourmalines! Do you have a separate thread on these beauties?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, they are great. Like pool of cold water in lakes untouched by civilization....
One question, though. JF mentioned a copper-co.training rubellite which was neon-y. Do you think it is just copper that gives paraibas this glow/neon? Or something else?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1313256397|2990102 said:
LD, they are great. Like pool of cold water in lakes untouched by civilization....
One question, though. JF mentioned a copper-co.training rubellite which was neon-y. Do you think it is just copper that gives paraibas this glow/neon? Or something else?

Thank you for your kind words Crasru - that's exactly what fascinates me as well! Nature's glory!

In terms of your question, I'm not sure. I own Rubellites but I'd never say they were neon-y. There are purple "Paraibas" (see photo below - not mine) and while these will have the copper content and they're bright and vibrant and have a glow, I'm not sure they pack the same punch as the blues and, for me, I wouldn't say they were neon! Beautiful, stunning but not neon!

It's sooooooo subjective though because one person's neon is another's non-neon!!!!

Paraiba Tourmaline from Mozambique.jpg

Paraiba Tourmaline purple.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results