shape
carat
color
clarity

Neil Lane inspiration

PerryGT

Rough_Rock
Hello all -

I recently commissioned ERD to help design a Neil Lane inspired engagement ring based on their Tiffany Legacy inspired Heather piece. I just received the CAD design and my first impression is that they have done a fantastic job. What do you think, are there any tweaks to be made? I was thinking about asking for some small pave along the shank just under the petals. The diamond will also be from ERD and is a 1.03 H VS2 "X-factor" cushion. Thanks for any helpful comments.

PJ

PJ-1.jpg

PJ-3.jpg

PJ-4.jpg

BachelorRing2012SmLvHR454.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would not put pave under the petals along the shank if you plan to wear a wedding ring with it, as the rubbing could cause damage. I would just have it engraved with the same pattern as the shank.

The CAD looks great!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's stunning. I like it better than the inspiration ring. It's not as gaudy as the Neil Lane ring IMO. I think you should keep it without the pave in the shank. Beautiful!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the CAD looks good, but I'll have to agree with distracts that the way those petals are positioned, it will make it difficult to wear a wedding band with it. I'd probably redesign that part unless she does not want a wedding band. Honestly, I love the Heather design more.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i really like the CADs and think they are much nicer than the NL which is imho a little OTT. I wouldn't add extra melee on the bottom of the basket as i think the petals stand out more this way, and i really like that. I cant wait to see the finished ring, can you hare pics of your chosen centre stone?

PerryGT

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the helpful comments. I had not thought about how pave on the shank might affect the wedding band. That is a very good point.

Distracts - What type of engraving were you thinking about? Something similar to that on the NL ring? I do like the idea of something on the shank.. maybe some type of simple floral/vine pattern?

chel180 - The photo and ASET of the diamond I have on hold at ERD are attached below. Personally, I like the antique look better, but unfortunately not as many 1 carat diamonds are cut this way and generally are a bit over my budget. Chris at ERD found this modern "x-factor" 1.03 H VS2 cushion which I think shows great on the ASET. The GIA lists it as a "cushion brilliant" although I know it is still a 4 main pavilion diamond. Regardless, I think it is an excellent diamond/value and definitely doesn't have the crushed ice appearance.

Thanks!
PJ

diamond pic.jpg

aset pic.jpg

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of the stone, but I'm not an expert on ASETs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results