shape
carat
color
clarity

Needing help find the perfect RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

in search

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!
35.gif

Ok, the gig is up! I am NOT looking for a RB. I''m actually looking for an asscher!

The reason why I I said I was looking for a RB is because my girlfriend frequents this site RELIGOUSLY, and I know she NEVER looks at RB topics, so I thought this would be a sneeky way to get PS help without her knowing!

Ok, so this is what I came up with so far:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=att&disp=inline&attid=0.1&th=10a6ac0da25e8011

The vendor is having the diamond brought in on tues. to run reports on it. This is what they had to say:

"Generally speaking, when we bring a diamond into our office we can take an Idealscope image, Magnified image and run a Megascope/Sarin report. In addition we personally analyze the diamond in different lighting environments, compare the color, brilliance and fire against any other similar diamonds we have in stock. We check the clarity of the diamond under a microscope and make sure the diamond is 100% free of any visible inclusions."

Is this enough information for me to know if this will be a great diamond? I don''t know too much about idealscope, megascope/sarin reports to know if these reports are sound. Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of these reports?

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can comment on this stone, especially all the asscher gurus, most importantly strmrdr, as I can see he is the expert of asschers on this site!

Thanks in advance!

in search

Rough_Rock
Bump!

Still looking for help please!
12.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cant see the data in your gmail account you need to post it here.
im working right now but will be back in a couple hours.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
As you probably know, pictures are needed for asschers. Have the vendor take pictures and you can post them for opinions and see what you think. Idealscope pictures will help show light leakage and sarin reports will give you the measurements, angles, etc. Good to have but the pictures will help the most. Has this vendor seen a lot of asschers? If so and they are well respected then their opinion could help. Do you have any stats on the asscher? The link just brought up gmail. Good luck and post pics when you get them!

in search

Rough_Rock
Ooops!
23.gif

I didn''t realize the report didn''t show up!

Here you go!

Let me know what you all think!
4.gif

diamondreport3.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a good start, now you need pictures.

in search

Rough_Rock
Thanks Strmrdr and Indecisve!

They said they would have the diamond in by tues. and will run the rports on them.

They mentioned magascope/ sarin report and idealscope images as well as magnified pictures.

Are meagscope and sarin report the sam thing? I thought they were diffent?

Which one is more perferred and accurate?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
megascope and sarin report are different machines that do the same thing.
sarin is slightly more accurate but neither does that great a job on asschers.
Thats why you need pictures.
The only real interesting number on the sarin/ms report that isnt on the cert is the crown height and that can be seen on a photo from the side.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm is right on all counts. Please get us some pictures. We rely on them a lot. Good luck!!
1.gif

in search

Rough_Rock
Thanks for clarifying the different reports Strmrdr!

Can''t wait for Tuesday!

I''ll fill you all in when they come. I''m keeping my fingers crossed!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ll keep our fingers crossed for you too.
1.gif

in search

Rough_Rock
Ok guys!!!!

The photos came!

HELP!

What do you think?!

The sarin report looks odd to me, this must be what Storm was talking about, when asschers are run on older sarin machines. It says emerald on report????

And I notice a white line on the left side of the diamond on the megascope. What could that be???

asscher image1.jpg

in search

Rough_Rock
I am having issues with the other images.. brb

in search

Rough_Rock
Idealscope....

iscope124.jpg

in search

Rough_Rock
Darn it!!!

I can''t shrink pictures to save my life!
39.gif

Let me try again, at least with sarin report.
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I saw your notice to me in another thread. I will email Storm for you. The pic is hard for me to judge. He knows way more about the numbers than I do.
2.gif

in search

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh!

I appreciate it!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ask for a couple more natural pictures.
My first thought is pass but the picture is pretty short on quality so there is a small chance its the picture.
The IS image is useless.

in search

Rough_Rock
Thanks for opinions!

I think they mentioned being able to get more "basic" pictures. Maybe that''s the same as natural pictures.

I''ll see what I can do!

in search

Rough_Rock
Storm,

May I ask why you initially would pass on this stone?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they can take some in natural lighting, that would help. The pic was too big and the stone looked dark to me. I''m thinking it was a bad pic. Ask them to take several for you. Good luck!!

in search

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh!

I just emailed them about pics, so hopefully I will here from them today or tomorrow.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plus, what makes the IS have such little contrast? Insufficient lighting? Can''t tell much...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 5:29:50 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Plus, what makes the IS have such little contrast? Insufficient lighting? Can''t tell much...
bad lighting or bad camera setting or something.
there is no way its accurate....

dunno... asschers are funny with IS images sometimes too so I don''t put a lot of weight into them other than a check on the natural photos.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 5:20:41 PM
Author: in search
Storm,

May I ask why you initially would pass on this stone?
The outer patterns are so-so, slighly off but its not that critical and its ok from a fire standpoint so while not perfect ill give it a barely pass.
Windmills are wider than the corners which is what is throwing the outer patterns off if it doesnt affect the inner patterns ill give it another barely pass. at this point its a 2-3 grade not the best but not a dog until you look at the center pattern.
then:
The windmill cutting is what is likely throwing the center patterns off.
The center patterns are hard to see in the photos but they look uneven and off to one side.
Sometimes that is tilt but the outer patterns/winmills dont look that tilted.
If another photo shows the center pattern to be ok it will be around a 2-3 which is a nice asscher.

in search

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the insight Storm, I really do appreciate it!

If this vendor does send me pictures tomorrow, I''ll post them up to get a final yay or nay and then decide.

in search

Rough_Rock
Okay .. here are the pictures..

Asscher103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results