shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your advice

nysurg

Rough_Rock
I am a long time lurker and finally have something to post about. :) Unfortunately, I have been bitten by the halo bug and after a long discussion with my husband, he has agreed to allow me to upgrade my wedding set. :appl: :appl: I love my original stone (radiant) and for now plan on updating the setting only. What do you think of this vanna K setting? I have found a store that sells then and will be calling me to let me know if I can do a little custom work on this setting.
Given the size of this ring - I plan to wear it alone - anyone think that is weird? I think that with the side detailing it would end up grinding along the setting. Any thoughts?

676-2-m2.jpg 676-1-og.jpg

photo.JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will make a nice substantial stand alone! I really like the side detail.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful and will be great as a stand alone!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would make a fabulous stand alone ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! It will definitely give your diamond a huge appearance, and I think split-shank rings are best as stand-alone rings!

nysurg

Rough_Rock
thanks for your responses!!!
Do you guys think that it's weird to not have a wedding ring and only this ring?
what's the word on the Vanna K settings? Have people have problems with them?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It is a beautiful ring and I don't think it's weird as a stand alone. I love halos and the split shank almost looks like you're wearing another band. Not that it really matters to anyone but you. Good luck.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
When I upgraded my setting I chose a setting that is a stand alone piece. I wanted something bolder. i still have eternity bands that I wear when I don;t feel like wearing my blingy setting.

I say go for it, It really is a lovely setting.

good luck
:bigsmile:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is stunning!

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on Vanna K, but I do think that would look absolutely gorgeous as a standalone ring.

Do come back and post pics post make-over!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not weird at all to wear a stand alone ring.So many women do it. The setting you picked is a perfect choice as it has
some width and heft to it. It won't look like you are simply engaged like a thin setting would. It's a lovely choice and will look
great on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results