shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your advice on eternity ring settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi again

I have the choice between a U-prong eternity setting and this other kinds of setting (don''t know the name) http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/23911?from_style=1

I would appreciate your advice on the do''s and don''ts with these settings.

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Annette, NYC

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Oops..here is the correct link..I posted the link to the Uprong

http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/10187

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I got an enternity prong set band for my wedding band too. I fell in love with the Uprong setting myself. I called many jewelers and asked around which was better
u prong or regular shared prong setting. A few people told me that a regular shared prong (like memoire) would be more sturdy than a U prong.
They said the uprong is just a tad more suseptible to problems as there is not a lot of metal protecting the stones.
I love them both but want to wear my wedding band everyday and want to get the strongest ring possible. So i opted to not get the Uprong.

I have seen many people on here though with the uprong and they all love them! i would call around to jewelers and see what they say.
you can see my wedding band in my avatar, unfortunately i cant wear it til after the wedding this summer
38.gif

even thought i want to wear it now
31.gif

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
WOW! What an AMAZING eternity band. I am literally drooling here at my desk!

I think the things to keep in mind with eternity bands is (1) comfort and (2) rubbing against your e-ring. At 2.40 ctw, I would suggest that you go and try on an eternity band of this size and make sure it is comfortable on your finger. I hear that eternity bands do both some people because the diamonds rub between your fingers. Also, if the diamonds extend a little past the metal of the band, make sure it''s not rubbing against your e-ring, this can eat away at the prongs. A lot of people get a thin spacer band to protect their e-ring, which I think looks gorgeous! Try a search for "spacer band" and you''ll see a bunch of threads on this topic.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks iloveprincesscuts..I will ask the jewelers about this. BTW your ring is a beauty! ANy side pics of it?

Thanks ysj99...I will def. look into spacer bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results