Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your advice on eternity ring settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi again

I have the choice between a U-prong eternity setting and this other kinds of setting (don''t know the name) http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/23911?from_style=1

I would appreciate your advice on the do''s and don''ts with these settings.

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Annette, NYC

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Oops..here is the correct link..I posted the link to the Uprong

http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/10187

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I got an enternity prong set band for my wedding band too. I fell in love with the Uprong setting myself. I called many jewelers and asked around which was better
u prong or regular shared prong setting. A few people told me that a regular shared prong (like memoire) would be more sturdy than a U prong.
They said the uprong is just a tad more suseptible to problems as there is not a lot of metal protecting the stones.
I love them both but want to wear my wedding band everyday and want to get the strongest ring possible. So i opted to not get the Uprong.

I have seen many people on here though with the uprong and they all love them! i would call around to jewelers and see what they say.
you can see my wedding band in my avatar, unfortunately i cant wear it til after the wedding this summer

even thought i want to wear it now

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
WOW! What an AMAZING eternity band. I am literally drooling here at my desk!

I think the things to keep in mind with eternity bands is (1) comfort and (2) rubbing against your e-ring. At 2.40 ctw, I would suggest that you go and try on an eternity band of this size and make sure it is comfortable on your finger. I hear that eternity bands do both some people because the diamonds rub between your fingers. Also, if the diamonds extend a little past the metal of the band, make sure it''s not rubbing against your e-ring, this can eat away at the prongs. A lot of people get a thin spacer band to protect their e-ring, which I think looks gorgeous! Try a search for "spacer band" and you''ll see a bunch of threads on this topic.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks iloveprincesscuts..I will ask the jewelers about this. BTW your ring is a beauty! ANy side pics of it?

Thanks ysj99...I will def. look into spacer bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.